Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 Expansion Wishes

VoicekrackVoicekrack Member UncommonPosts: 23
In future major patches and expansions, what do the fans of gw2 want as a expansion/patch? What Do you want added to guild wars 2?

Comments

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

1. Guild Halls

2. New Continent - Cantha

3. Crystal Desert

4. GvG

5. New  utility and elite skills for every class

6. Alternative weapon skill sets

7. New race

8. New class

9. New dungeons

10. Jormag or other elder dragon

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    2 or 3 more different gametypes in tournament play.
  • VoicekrackVoicekrack Member UncommonPosts: 23
    yeah i want more guild related things like you said the guild hall, and gvg
  • SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836

1.) Activities - 30 were planned for launch, 1 made it in (Keg Brawl)... at least 5 have come as temporary seasonal additions and they were all really well done. At some point they were definitely an important social feature as evidenced by the sheer amount of detail put into at least 3 of the capital cities (Divinity's Reach, Black Citadel, and Lion's Arch). Without the activities there, there's no reason to be in the capital cities besides story. 

• 1a.) Support for the activities as they were originally planned as well as other, perhaps unplanned, additions such as leaderboards, cosmetic rewards such as ranks and fancy activities exclusive gear, and so on. Also, more control for events and so forth. Such as Keg Brawl, there's no ability to asure I get every member of my group into the same match. 
    2.)Peripheral social features such as: The like 30+ emotes that didn't quite carry over from GW1 but don't return an unknown command error and a ton more town clothes because what's there currently is just pitiful as compared to how excitedly they talked about it pre-launch. 

3.) Guesting. This is causing me more frustration than people would expect. I can't play with atleast 7 people on my friend's list because they're on different servers. Guesting was talked about excitedly pre launch as well and even I frequently cited it as a champion mechanic that would allow ease of play with friends so it's a damn shame it's not in yet. 

I listed these as the top three because they're integral mechanics to the vision ArenaNet sold us at launch that has not actually delivered on whatsoever. Many people commented on the lack of social features in the game shortly after launch, and it's true, it's not where it needed to be at all. I still managed to amass a long list of people I frequently play with but there was a lot of stuff that simply did not make it in when it should have.  

This next list is for typical items people would probably expect in expansions and which I am looking forward to as per the OP. 

1.) Guild Hall/Housing. I'm not going to pull up the quote, but it was said that at the same time guild halls would go into the game, so to would actual player housing. This would be in line with the horizontal progression aspect of the game as well as giving cross server guilds like my Keg Brawl guild a place to congregate and put things like costume brawl to good use. 

2.) Observable mode in PvP/Acitivites. Imagine when high level SPvP or Keg Brawl tournaments are up and running and an observer mode like from GW1 is in the game. You can watch the best of the best go at it. 

3.) More horizontal progression in armor please! This can be in the form of a dungeon or just an addition of Karma merchants to LA but there needs to be more awesome looking gear at different prestige increments to go after. There needs to be a series of armor that require rarer mats or more work than plain exotic dungeon armor, but not with more stats. Just like there are for weapons. And also, legendary armor sets would be awesome too I suppose. 

4.) The rest of Tyria. People are so antsy to get to Cantha but I want to know what's happening in the Northern Shiverpeaks, ot in Crystal Desert or deep in the Maguuma Jungle. What's the Ring of Fire Isles up to these days? 

There's more but I don't feel like continuing typing. 

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

I would like to have new armor to choose from, and a few more town clothes options.

I would like to have some new faces and hairstyles to choose from too.

Maybe a new race even, with their own racial abilities

new sPvP map areas

GvG map areas even if there is no ranking system for it until all the bugs get worked out.

Puzzle Quests that are based around a persons knowledge of the lore, and maybe an in-game utility that a person can use to research the lore if they need so they can solve the quests - nah! scratch that one, it's a silly idea.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• SerenesSerenes Member UncommonPosts: 351

Guild Halls/Player Housing

New Class

New types of PvP

Raid

No server changing

Necro not to be horriable broken

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Epic1oots
    I wish whatever anet plans to do with GW2, is bring back the hype and excitement of release day.

Agreed.

For someone who isnt interested in WvW any more, nor in running the same boring dugeons there just inst alot to do.

I would love to be able to have somethign to work for like rare skins but you cant do them without hampering progression or abysmal drop rates.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!