Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forced grouping to finish personel story

TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247

Wow...just wow. Its just the biggest road block for no reason what-so-ever. The long a$$ story is solo right up to the very last part and then Anet says you have to do a group dungeon first before you can finish.

No wonder they didn't win GotY.

GW2 has so many roadblocks and grinds, I am truly surprised the GW2 fanbois don't call it a korean grinder.

Endgame and everything about it is nothing but grind.

Comments

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    Originally posted by TalulaRose

Wow...just wow. Its just the biggest road block for no reason what-so-ever. The long a$$ story is solo right up to the very last part and then Anet says you have to do a group dungeon first before you can finish.

GW2 has so many roadblocks and grinds, I am truly surprised the GW2 fanbois don't call it a korean grinder.

This game is NOTHING like a "Korean grinder".  Thanks for trolling and no I don't play GW2 anymore.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

So you solo'ed all the way to 80 and now you are sulking that you have to team up with others for once?

*nods*

Harbinger of Fools
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Originally posted by Latronus

This game is NOTHING like a "Korean grinder".  Thanks for trolling and no I don't play GW2 anymore.

Lets see...

Legendery

1000 karka shell...that rarely drop.

A precursor item that rarely drops.

Acquisition

The Legend (one piece for a legendery) drops randomly from these sources:

• Mystic Forge
      • Four exotic staves (very small chance)
      • Four L80 rare items (even less chance)
    • During the Cathedral event in Orr (very small chance).

Gifts...require 4 stacks of 250 items. You need 3-4 gifts.

Dungeos...have alot of trash mobs.

PvP exotics...350 to 550 badges for each piece that are random drops in loot bags.

And I can list  more.

Sounds like a Korean grinder to me...has both range and grind. But alas...Anet = NCSoft = Rng and grind.

Originally posted by Robokapp

Dungeos...have alot of trash mobs.

My god!

you mean the bosses have minions ??

Sounds alot like a WoW dungeon doesn't it....and I swear the fanbois were saying GW2 is nothing like WoW.

Rose coloured glasses I guess.

SW:ToR = level quickly and nothing to do at the end.

GW2 = level quickly and bang.....everything is a grind.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030

These are sad days for MMOs..  Oh noooooo, I have to group up for a bit in a MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE ROLE PLAYING GAME!!!!

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• DoomsDay01DoomsDay01 Member UncommonPosts: 783
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh

These are sad days for MMOs..  Oh noooooo, I have to group up for a bit in a MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE ROLE PLAYING GAME!!!!

Actually the OP has a fair point. This is a PERSONAL Story. Why do you need to group to do your own story line?

• DoomsDay01DoomsDay01 Member UncommonPosts: 783
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by DoomsDay01
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh

Actually the OP has a fair point. This is a PERSONAL Story. Why do you need to group to do your own story line?

because in your adventure you encounter other people who give you a helping hand along the way ?

I see you couldn't think of anything. No other PERSON helps you with your personal story. You meet npcs along the way that gives you a hand, but for your personal story, it is strictly just you alone. So why do they force you to group for a story that you are supposed to do by yourself?

• coffeyhousecoffeyhouse Member Posts: 78
    But you don't have to do your personal story solo...it's your choice to do so. I don't see anything wrong grouping up with other people that is at the same point in their story as you are. Isn't this game supposed to be about community & helping others out?
    Originally posted by coffeyhouse
    But you don't have to do your personal story solo...it's your choice to do so. I don't see anything wrong grouping up with other people that is at the same point in their story as you are. Isn't this game supposed to be about community & helping others out?

If they give you the option to group or not group all the way  through then why at the very last part do they take away that option and force you to group?

• coffeyhousecoffeyhouse Member Posts: 78

If they give you the option to group or not group all the way  through then why at the very last part do they take away that option and force you to group?

Level of difficulty?

Level of difficulty?

Your guess is as good as mine but it does seem like a poor decision in a game that says its casual friendly. The old bait and switch....GW2 seems to have done that well.

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

Guild wars 2, grindy?  wha...?  I mean yea if you are going for a legenday, other than that, grindy, really? 

RF online, this is not.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

I dont see the issue here. The story follows that you'll need help to kill the dragon, straight from the beginning. It never once says "You so strong you kill that big thing all by yourself." The whole story is about bringing the races and orders of tyria together...why WOULDNT it be a group oriented 'end of story'?

EDIT: And where's this 'everything is a grind' exactly? You have to grind for legendary, an optional weapon. It's called LEGENDARY for a reason lol. Other than legendary weapons, there is little grind in gw2. Even ascended stuff comes easy. Flame on!

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489

I have to be social to finish a quest.

Rather than ask for a group I'll go to a social forum and voice my outrage that a MASSIVLY MULTIPLAYER GAME has massive multiplayer elements in it. 

How dare they!?

a yo ho ho

Originally posted by Toxia

I dont see the issue here. The story follows that you'll need help to kill the dragon, straight from the beginning. It never once says "You so strong you kill that big thing all by yourself." The whole story is about bringing the races and orders of tyria together...why WOULDNT it be a group oriented 'end of story'?

EDIT: And where's this 'everything is a grind' exactly? You have to grind for legendary, an optional weapon. It's called LEGENDARY for a reason lol. Other than legendary weapons, there is little grind in gw2. Even ascended stuff comes easy. Flame on!

Through the whole story they give you NPC's to finish parts of it until the very last part. Why stray from what they have done from the beginning?

So far I have not seen anyone give a valid reason othern that, that s what they did and I am a fanboy so thats ok.

• NightliteNightlite Member UncommonPosts: 227
    Honestly I really dislike this game, though at the same time it was awesome to play through... read into that all you want. As for the OP; the dungeons have a storyline and you have a personal storyline.. both these join up for the last story. If you did the dungeons you would see how it all works out and prolly not be dissatisfied with the last quest being a group quest.
This discussion has been closed.