Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] WildStar: The Empowered Community

2»

Comments

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Gnitepracdlo

NCSoft -  closed down the following major games

Tabula Rasa

City of Heros

you forgot auto assault

I was just sticking to major games. Listing all the minor games shutdown from each company would become a project on it's own. 

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Hope it ends up being a good game and I hope it has a monthly subscription fee. I'd really rather not play another crap B2P or FtP mmorpg with cash shops, if I can help it. I'm very interested in the housing system for Wildstar.

The more I watch about WildStar the more worried I get. It seems more and more like handholding you through the gameplay, sadly.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• rommellorommello Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 185

they shut down exteel

never play another game by them again

hallo ~_~

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121
    Originally posted by Xstatic912
    So there is a hate out on NCsoft, and as such some won't give the game a chance..
    I didn't see that when GW2 hype was building..

Sad times we live in.

That's because ANet always said that despite being published by NCSoft they were given free reign with development, which was true up until release. Post-release the direction of the game suddenly changed and I don't think many can deny that NCSoft had started interfering with development.

Many people didn't trust NCSoft before GW2 and a lot more will refuse to trust them now.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by Alberel
    Originally posted by Xstatic912
    So there is a hate out on NCsoft, and as such some won't give the game a chance..
    I didn't see that when GW2 hype was building..

Sad times we live in.

That's because ANet always said that despite being published by NCSoft they were given free reign with development, which was true up until release. Post-release the direction of the game suddenly changed and I don't think many can deny that NCSoft had started interfering with development.

Many people didn't trust NCSoft before GW2 and a lot more will refuse to trust them now.

I'm not quite certain what game the NCsoft CEO is playing at this point.  Having spent some time in Korea, I suspect I know at least part of the problem, but without having met him, I can't be certain.  What I do know is that any western studio that picks NCsoft as a publisher, given its past history, is either ignorant or desperate (or both).  Neither bode well for the studio or its players.

Especially not now that Nexon is NCsofts largest share holder.  Nexon makes NCsoft look saintly.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-06-08/nexon-buys-685-million-stake-in-ncsoft-becomes-biggest-holder.html

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813
    Originally posted by rommello

they shut down exteel

never play another game by them again

Exteel, Dungeon Runners, City of Heroes/City of Villains... I'm surprised GW1 lasted as long as it did.  I hope the folks at Carbine know what they're getting themselves into.  Nexon... *shudder*

• SilverbranchSilverbranch Member UncommonPosts: 195

Ah, the Evils of Living on Credit . . . being beholden to another.

Company, organization, or individual, the potential trap is the same.

Wherever you go, there you are.