Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The War Z: An Open Letter to the Community

13»

Comments

• NoobalurtNoobalurt Member UncommonPosts: 14
    lol if you think Sergey Titov wrote this!
  • GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395

Vocal minority? 

Sure, maybe only a few people cared enough to express concern, but the people who paid, played and felt scammed most certainly outnumbered the people who choose to stick with an incomplete piece of trash due to emotional investment.

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953

On the letter, it is a carefully consturcted PR piece and nothing more. The promises made in it may be genuine but the language is fairly clinical and careful and not what would be found in a genuine outpouring.

Major Problems still quite understated IMHO and because of this whatever potential this title may have had is being squandered and will never be fully realised.

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Still waiting for DayZ stand alone.
  • jocan2003jocan2003 Member Posts: 15

Did he said anything about steam frack-up? nope, anything about the paramount name? nope, did he said anything about a specific hard problem? Well community communication and nothing else... Saying he will make moves thats something but.... frack he gave a description of his game that was faulty, lie, misrepresentatitive, call it what you want but  who knows if what he says right now ( that is if HE really wrote that ) will really happen is another story but im slipping toward thinking its all smokes.

Dont get me wrong, he has a good idea, already have a big/strong? community andI really wish him luck, the game is a good idea, but the marketing and managing behind it is... well quite something to say the least without being too negative.

• travamarstravamars Member CommonPosts: 417
    The funny thing is that even though this is obviously just BS to make people wait and not ask for refunds...it will probably work.   
  • dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402
    i have mi refund back even tho ispend coin i game they give me all back and im willing to play the game once is really have what the game suposed to have + vehicle ,iknow this game have a big potentioal ,not better that dayz but it really have it and it can be a great game too

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Originally posted by zevni78
    Originally posted by orbitxo

nice letter -not needed, but hopefully will shut the trolls up. still love the game. fully support the game for what it is :

pure hardcore FPS -PVP!...for now.

All those players are trolls? The reviewers? The movie studio? Steam???

You can support what you want but please be aware that you may be supporting some shady people and damaging the games industry. If you want this kind of fps-pvp I would have thought your cash would be best spent of the DayZ standalone.

the letter talks aout the game structure and expectations-not about the issues people have with the game on steam and studio and their misunderstanding of the 'Alpha' state.. thats altogether something else. yes i played day z= boring game frame.

perhaps when its offically released itll be something-but i didnt like day z arma skin.

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

I saw a lot of sweetly worded denial in this email.  There was a lot of what appeared to be revised-- then revised again-- then revised AGAIN-- wording clearly organized in such a way to put a ridiculously positive spin on a quickly sinking ship, "Hey!  jump on board!  You can grab some of the water-logged, floating buffet as it floats to the surface from the galley which is now 100 feet below sea level filled with drowned or dying domestic help!  Eat like kings!  The rats won't mind!"

I got no sense of real remorse, just a somewhat pathetic attempt to re-sell a faulty product with some miniature band-aids slapped on it to stem the profuse bleeding coming from the massive, gaping wounds left by a terrible launch and even worse intial Public Relations.

Really?  A game full of empty promises and missing features, and their idea of a big "fix" is to address the way they handle Community Management?

Just like any other product on the market; if you oversell and underdeliver, once the word gets out-- you're f**ked.

• illutianillutian Member UncommonPosts: 343
    Originally posted by zanfire
    got this email...dont give a sh*t...still want my damn refund.

But if you do that you'll be put on a black list and providers may reject your future business! /sarcasm

-> See Angry Joe's Top 10 Gaming Controversies of 2012!

Talks about how Hammerpoint actually tried to blackmail people into NOT seeking refunds saying they'd be put on a blacklist and companies wouldn't want to do business with them (the person seeking a refund).

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

• ITPalgITPalg Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Originally posted by Rawiz

Yea, after seeing their community manager with a brand new 2012 Dodge Challenger, whining about his flat tire, I feel no symphathy. Clearly the best possible path after the Steam aftermath is to show-off your money.

First of all, that guy chose to work for THE shadiest company in this genre, other is that he actually bought an AMERICAN car with his money.

I wish this company nothing but sorrow.

PS. This letter was not written by Sergey Titov, the english in it is far too good. Also it's very questionable, that people would even believe a single thing he says at this point.

Are you sure they aren't just a volunteer forum person like the rest of the mods?

twitch.tv/itpaladin
    @ITPalg
    YouTube: ITPalGame

• SkyMarshalSkyMarshal Member Posts: 4
    I cannot help but feel the same.  I am glad they took ownership of the issues, but to start off by blaming the folks who paid to play for any "misundertanding" is wrong.  I couldn't care less about what they buy with the profits, if they earn it they get it.  But if you BS your customer base you won't be around long, I got my money back from Steam, so you cannot spend what you don't have.
  • RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584
    Originally posted by itpaladin
    Originally posted by Rawiz

Yea, after seeing their community manager with a brand new 2012 Dodge Challenger, whining about his flat tire, I feel no symphathy. Clearly the best possible path after the Steam aftermath is to show-off your money.

First of all, that guy chose to work for THE shadiest company in this genre, other is that he actually bought an AMERICAN car with his money.

I wish this company nothing but sorrow.

PS. This letter was not written by Sergey Titov, the english in it is far too good. Also it's very questionable, that people would even believe a single thing he says at this point.

Are you sure they aren't just a volunteer forum person like the rest of the mods?

No Kewk is  their community manager. Or was at least. He had his part of the profit, and apparently a flat tire in the desert (driving his dodge challenger 2012, ie paid much money for shit), sadly he wasn't eaten by other coyotes like him. Apparently, as far as I know, he was in another car accident upon getting back home. What is there to learn here mr. nazikewk? Stop trying to supress displeasure and good arguments, or you get hit by a car. Lesson here for you Nazikewk. Also I can't say I feel sorry for you.

He got paid heavily for this scam of a game. This "company" saw a $$$ factor there and they took it. They even dared to claim they had been devoloping this piece of shit before DayZ. It's a huge scam all around.

Seeing this Kewk guy moderate STEAM Forums, was really the last straw. How freaking much are you and your company afraid of showing the negatives of your game? Not only did your company lie to even get to Steam, your leader also dared to blame BUYERS FOR MISREADING. Your entire company is a joke, you are a joke, the fact you're driving a 2012 Dodge Challenger makes it even worse. You surely got paid for your naziforumrules, that's for sure.

• znaiikaznaiika Member Posts: 203

This game is a hack paradise, it is because of perma death.

This is all I can say, I would not spand a penny on it.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by SnkByte
    Originally posted by Stryx74
    It's a good start and has a genuinely sincere feel to it but the only thing that matters is what actions will follow these humble words.

Exactly, the letter feels sincere, but now they must prove that they really mean it. Trust is not gained with words but with actions.

The problem is you know right off that this isn't sincere. You know how you know? Sergey didn't write this lol. These aren't even remotely close to being his words. They simply hired a PR guy who is trying to do damage control. Thats not sincere, thats trying to keep the ice beneath you from breaking. 

• KerrsCrewKerrsCrew Member Posts: 1

Reading this letter.... This is the only thing that came to mind...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u0EL_u4nvw

"we're sorry..... but not really."

• NilarkoNilarko Member Posts: 8
    This man is so full of shit.
  • SmokeysongSmokeysong Member UncommonPosts: 247

I haven't been itnerested in this game, but a letter to the community like this has me thinking maybe I should be.

It's not every day (unfortunately) that a head of a company flat out admits he made mistakes and tells you what he's going to do about the problems that exist; well done Sergey Titov!

Have played: Everquest, Asheron's Call, Horizons, Everquest2, World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings Online, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall

• aWRAYaWRAY Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by Smokeysong

I haven't been itnerested in this game, but a letter to the community like this has me thinking maybe I should be.

It's not every day (unfortunately) that a head of a company flat out admits he made mistakes and tells you what he's going to do about the problems that exist; well done Sergey Titov!

Really dude? I really didn't think anyone would be mislead by this excuse of an apology. Of course the guy had to come out and make an apology. His entire company is on the line

• MMOdad72MMOdad72 Member Posts: 93

Why are people nowadays so swayed by apologies ?

If a person/company makes a massive screwup/s they should never have made to being with , why does making an apology make it all better all of a sudden ?

Someone comes up and kicks your dog , then says , I'm sorry , I shouldn't have done that , all of sudden you feel good will towards said person ?

The company/dev lied , stole other artists work , and generally committed fraud in every sense of the word, but an open letter to the community makes it where people feel for him and want to support him ?

Just digsusted in this day and age businessmen to sports stars to politicians just have to apologize and no one holds them to the standard of "great , good apology , still doesnt erase the fact you f'd up to begin with in ways you shouldn't have , so you don't get a pass because of your apology".

• QuailmanQuailman Member Posts: 165
    Originally posted by MMOdad72

Why are people nowadays so swayed by apologies ?

If a person/company makes a massive screwup/s they should never have made to being with , why does making an apology make it all better all of a sudden ?

Someone comes up and kicks your dog , then says , I'm sorry , I shouldn't have done that , all of sudden you feel good will towards said person ?

The company/dev lied , stole other artists work , and generally committed fraud in every sense of the word, but an open letter to the community makes it where people feel for him and want to support him ?

Just digsusted in this day and age businessmen to sports stars to politicians just have to apologize and no one holds them to the standard of "great , good apology , still doesnt erase the fact you f'd up to begin with in ways you shouldn't have , so you don't get a pass because of your apology".

Indeed. Good post.

Consume. Be silent. Die.

• SweedeSweede Member UncommonPosts: 209
    Haven't played the game myself so no idea what the problems are, as for who wrote the letter, could be he wrote it in his native language then someone translated it.

• VulturnusVulturnus Member Posts: 36

it's all about communication.

I used to manage a resturant that was busy as hell on a sunday to the point where even an order of fries would take 50min to get to a table. This made customers angry as hell, lots of refunds.

the next sunday I asked my staff to tell customers that all food orders, even the first ones would be a long wait of over 45min to my suprise no one cared. customers all ordered their food and waited patiently for it to arrive, they were greatful and happy.

The food was the same, the wait was the same the service was the same but I had no refunds and no complaints. The only difference was communication.

think if before they released they said the game would be missing x & y which would be added later on approxamately z timeframe. most of the crapstorm would have been avoided.