Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some questions not related to f2p/cash shop/hot bar madness

I played at launch, found the game to be a great themepar (for what thats worth) up untill endgame.  Ilum sucked and was broke and then they nerfed your reason to pvp there so no one did.  Battleground were boring except for huttball which was entertaining but i had no choice.  Raids and HM dungeons were a snooze fest, buggy and overall was hard to even find a ground for how boring it was to complete.

So my questions are related to the broken endgame that caused this game to nose dive.

Did they fix ilum to where it not only functions, but is active?  Is it more than just one side camping the others base and hoping one guy gets ballsy and comes out?

Is the pve endgame more entertaining, less buggy, and is it easier to find a group that isnt lacking non-dps?

Did they also expand the wonderful storyline pve experience? Add all those hundreds of planets they said they had planned?

perhaps more companions (like rare ones) ect?

I only ask this because all ive heard about this game since i left was how bad it is (yeah i was there) and the whole f2p and f2p related complaints

oh one more thing...did they ever impliment the high resolution textures ect?  i remember that medium settings were the same as high and ultra or w/e

Comments

• MMOdad72MMOdad72 Member Posts: 93

The one thing I can tell you about is Illum as the galactic war potential was my main thing I wanted the game for originally.

Illum is still abandoned. Completely , as in they haven't even tried , they basically shut it down.

So if large scale PVP outside of an enclosed Huttball match is your thing , there's still nothing here for that sadly.

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386
    Originally posted by MMOdad72

The one thing I can tell you about is Illum as the galactic war potential was my main thing I wanted the game for originally.

Illum is still abandoned. Completely , as in they haven't even tried , they basically shut it down.

So if large scale PVP outside of an enclosed Huttball match is your thing , there's still nothing here for that sadly.

Yeah i was hoping for more what planetside 2 did in terms of a persistant pvp game with ilum.

even when people still tried to play it, it was nothing more than a camp fest, which was incredibly boring.  There should have been the ability to take the enemies base, but put on the walls some serious player controlled defenses, which would have been fun for the zerg side to storm, and fun for the under manned defenders to rack up some kills.

Sadly, the game engine couldnt handle it, the mechanics were dreadfully boring, and then they patched it into non-existance with the objectives being completed in battlegrounds.

It was really the perfect storm of endgame failure with my only enjoyment comming from the hopes that i got huttball, the same huttball i had been playing from the start.

The leveling up was fantastic though, a lot of really memorable zones.  I think nar shadda is my all time favorite themepark map in terms of looks and feel, had a good grimey storyline too.

• ChieftanChieftan Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

Never had any interest in Illum at any point and never understood the hype and controversy about it. 

Now if it was billed as Battlefront: The MMO with pilotable vehicles and ships, then it would have been a whole different story.  THAT would have been compelling and if THAT had been a failure I would have understood all the crying about it.

I will say that the regular warzones are infinitely more playable than they were at launch.  Now you get scores based off your damage, healing, defense/offense and taking objectives.  Winning just adds a bonus reward to your individual performance.

When it was entirely about winning or losing the match, warzones were hellish.  Plus there was no group finder so it was the only way to quickly jump into a group situation.  I'm sure it's something the devs and bean counters wish they had done right the first time.

My youtube MMO gaming channel

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937
    Originally posted by Chieftan

Never had any interest in Illum at any point and never understood the hype and controversy about it. 

Now if it was billed as Battlefront: The MMO with pilotable vehicles and ships, then it would have been a whole different story.  THAT would have been compelling and if THAT had been a failure I would have understood all the crying about it.

I will say that the regular warzones are infinitely more playable than they were at launch.  Now you get scores based off your damage, healing, defense/offense and taking objectives.  Winning just adds a bonus reward to your individual performance.

When it was entirely about winning or losing the match, warzones were hellish.  Plus there was no group finder so it was the only way to quickly jump into a group situation.  I'm sure it's something the devs and bean counters wish they had done right the first time.

Um, yeah.

http://www.forcejunkies.com/2011/11/10/fansite-summit-ilum-details-and-preview/

"Towards the center you have a battle of walkers which is a scene right out of Empire. The exact scene I’m thinking of is just after one walker is destroyed and one of the Republic Soldiers yells, “Come on!” and charges out of the trenches and charges forward and you see them running across the snowy wastes with walkers and ships flying in the background. That’s exactly what it looks like though the walkers here aren’t as tall.

The walkers face off against each other and offer support in the middle of the map. The best part is that you can destroy them. Players have access to a rocket launcher that you can use to blow up walkers. However, players must remember that when you are wielding a rocket launcher, a giant red beam of light will mark your location! You will become the primary target. From time to time you can see the either side use drop ships to reinforce the lines until the assault point is taken over by either side.

So you have two bases and three assault points, but that isn’t all. This battle is going on 24/7 and is always running in the open world. The question was asked whether or not faction dominated sides will always have it captured. Gabe explained that even though one side might have 100 players in the area, the weaker side can strike single points with 20 players and upset the balance."

"Overall, the best way I can describe what I saw was that if you took Wintergrasp and mashed it with Alterac Valley then blew it up so that it was 4-5 times bigger, you’ll have Ilum."

And for fun, http://www.askajedi.com/2011/11/08/fan-site-summit-ilum-open-world-pvp-detailed/

The first comment from an hobbyist in November of 2011, "I’m still not convinced there won’t be dominance through poulation balance and if you can exchange warzone commendations for mercenary (albeit at an unfavourable rate) then people may just farm warzones for the best gear."

A prophet of common sense.