Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Path of Exile is on here but not GrimDawn? Really now?

SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531

I'm just amazed on how people are hype about a game when there is another that will simply kick it's rear end , and I'm talking about Grim Dawn , from some of the creators of Titan Quest.   Seriously you don't need a degree in torpedo mathematics to figure out which game will be better then the other.  I remove nothing from Path of Exile , but c'mon now , Grim Dawn will be way better and I fail to understand why the game isn't on this site yet. 

http://www.grimdawn.com/index.php

Comments

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    Never heard of it before. Thanks for the heads up. I'd imagine its not on the site because they werent aware of it either!
  • KualaBDKualaBD Member UncommonPosts: 131

Part of the reason why might be because Grim Dawn is still so early in development and only has a couple full-time devs working on it so it's gonna be a long time before it's done.  PoE on the other hand has been in beta for quite some time now and is in a very playable state even so far as to going into open beta next month (basically launching).

Most importantly though, considering this site IS for MMORPG's, PoE has more of a massive multiplayer setup, at least in the town hubs, where you can find many other players and in fact is only playable online.  Grim Dawn, if I understand their website FAQ correctly, has the option to connect with family and friends via Lan and an online matchmaking option but it doesn't sound like it has any massively multiplayer system and thus not meeting the "MMO" part of this website.

I may be wrong though.

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    Originally posted by KualaBD

Part of the reason why might be because Grim Dawn is still so early in development and only has a couple full-time devs working on it so it's gonna be a long time before it's done.  PoE on the other hand has been in beta for quite some time now and is in a very playable state even so far as to going into open beta next month (basically launching).

Most importantly though, considering this site IS for MMORPG's, PoE has more of a massive multiplayer setup, at least in the town hubs, where you can find many other players and in fact is only playable online.  Grim Dawn, if I understand their website FAQ correctly, has the option to connect with family and friends via Lan and an online matchmaking option but it doesn't sound like it has any massively multiplayer system and thus not meeting the "MMO" part of this website.

I may be wrong though.

Actually, it doesn't work that way. There are many non MMO games on here. Such as Diablo 3, DOTA, LoL, or Torchlight 2. PoE doesn't have an MMO component either, but its added because these games typically have the same audience as many MMO's.

You are probably right about the development stage the game is at too, but I'd also imagine it has something to do with the game not being brought forward to MMORPG too, just pure speculation on my part though!

Either way, this game does indeed seem like a good addition to the site considering it appears to be in the same family of games as Diablo and Torchlight.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Grim Dawn had 2 devs, until their kickstarter raised over half a million, and then they picked up a handful of devs who were let go from 38 studios (Kingdoms of Amalur).  That said, they haven't paid MMORPG.com the nominal fee, which is why they are not on this site.  Exposure costs money.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.