Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Classic rpg recommendations

CabalocCabaloc Member Posts: 116
Anyone recommend a classic rpg I can play on windows 7 ? I remember many moons ago playing Ultima quest of the avatar and I think a Might and magic one when I had a nes . I was looking at Ultima 7 and Might and magic 7 ,seem to look like indepth and fun .

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I just read a review of the new polished up Baldurs gate game, that should be classic enough. :)

Seems like they actually been true to the original but added some more content and more npcs together with more modern graphics. Now, my mind might have been damaged by all Guiness pints since then but as I remember it BG is one of the most fun RPGs I ever played.

• MagiknightMagiknight Member CommonPosts: 782

gog.com

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

Baulder's Gate 1 & 2

Icewind Dale 1 & 2

Planescape: Torment

Arcanum

To name a few.  All can be found on gog.com individually from $5-$10 and gog.com has many many many classics to include the Ulitma series and the Might and Magic series that one can simpely buy and download.  You can actually have bundles available for the M&M and Ultima series. 

Yes there is the Baulder's Gate 1 enhanced version but that costs 20 bucks for while there are improvements there are not steller improvements or game changing.  The experiance you get is the same if you have the original version vs the enhanced version.  Minus the new companions which is about the only real additional content besides the Black Pit stuff.

• RollerratRollerrat Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Realms of the Haunting. Nice adventure game with a horror twist.
  • CabalocCabaloc Member Posts: 116
    GoG was where I was looking and seen so many hehe, hard to choose . I played Icewind dale 2 years ago it was ok but linear need something more open. Some of those games, not sure though might seem to have a problem with windows 7 but thats why I'm asking here anyway...keep the suggestions coming  =)
  • fayknaymfayknaym Member Posts: 125

Should get check Divine Divinity and Divinity 2. Divinity 2 may be not as "old school" but it is a really solid RPG none the less.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/17798/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Might be a bit off the direction of the thread, but classic RPG brings Neverwinter Nights to mind.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • CabalocCabaloc Member Posts: 116
    I went ahead and got Might and Magic 1-7, this should keep me entertained for a bit. Loaded right up on pc with no problems at as well, so I'm happy . Gonna look into some of the other suggestions as well ty .
  • DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974
    Originally posted by Magiknight

gog.com

I love that site so much, alot of cheap games and some good titles, I got my Abes Odyssey and Exodus there :)

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    IF you get get a working PS1 Emulator play Legend of Dragoon. on of the best RPG's ive played.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.