Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why don't you like The War Z?

So lets say The War Z never came on Steam, or if it did, it listed the features in a different manner to be more clear the game is in alpha. And ignoring the PR from Sergey...

I'm talking about the game itself. Its an alpha game, they made that clear many times...but lacked that information on Steam, due to misinformation. But for an alpha game...what is it actually that you don't like about it?

And don't say because "lol pay for an alpha"

Guess how many people bought Minecraft in alpha? Millions. And it wasn't nearly feature complete, it had less features than The War Z...it took many updates for it to be "feature complete", but it was still being sold. Granted, it did make it clear it was an alpha game.

So, with that in mind...what of the game (not the developers, or anything with Steam)...but why don't you like the game itself?

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• Dantae87Dantae87 Member Posts: 166

main reason why i didnt liek it is the devs are currupt and all in it for the money. They dont give to wags of a dogs tail about the players. expecially that russian tit's.

Annother reason is has ZERO!!! NONE! NADDA! survival aspect to it...they totally veered off from what they said it was gonna be like, dont get me started on the world bank BS and the market.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Boring, buggy, small, gankers paradise, poorly designed transaction shop (items looted on death and lost), poor performance, laggy, glitchy, terrible zombie ai., 1990's textures, only 1 map....really i can't think of a single good thing to say about WarZ.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• exwinexwin Member Posts: 221

Why I do not like WarZ:

1st off, would like to say I have no loyalty for Dayz, as ardent defenders of Warz proclaim, I have no agenda other then my dislike of how Warz is developing and what could be, rather easily, turned into a very good game.

PvE, or lack thereof. The developers stressed that there will never be official servers for PvE. MMO communities are built on the back of a vibrant, active, and loyal PvE community. I'm sure PvP is great, but it's not for everyone.

PvP in the game is broken. Warz plays more like a 1st person shooter than an MMO with PvP. If it is an online 1st person shooter, great, label it as such, not an MMO.

The world is very empty. Yes, there are cities, towns, and such, but very, very little in between. You have to walk a very long way just to meet up with someone that you want to play with, which you have to know outside of the game, as there are no tools, when last I played, to sync up with or even know if a friend is online.

This next thought is also going to be prefaced, I do not hate Sergey Titov. Some of his comments to the comunity however, anger me as a gamer, a player, and a consumer. If you write a clear discription of a game (screen shots, server capacity, etc) and it is not so, admit your mistake, apologize. Mr. Titov's responce was not only the worst apology I've ever heard, but was borderline condescending.

I do not like WarZ because it claims to be what it is not, an MMO.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

So basically you want us to ignore the lies and continue to pretend the game is in alpha even though the developer stated in the beginning of December that it was in Beta and then in the middle of December it was in release.  Lets forget all the other things that Sergy said and just rate the game for what it is.... OK

The game is just a PVP scavenger game.  There is nothing to do except run around and find weapons and shoot people.  It is an exact copy of War Inc except with a few zombies in the background.  The zombies have terrible AI and you can beat them with a flashlight.  You can find guns and then pay real money for ammo when the developer decides to reduce spawn rates for ammo in the game once it is live.   You also have to pay for clan slots.

To sum it up

1. It is hardly in a condition worth money at this time. 

2. The developer has built in many ways of milking the customers in the future.  With the dishonest track record of Sergy, would it really be out of the realm of possibilities for him to reduce spawn rates of ammo in the game in order to force customers to buy it in the shop?

3. The zombie play no real role in the game, it is the other players who hunt you.

4. There are no systems in the game to prevent player-killing or griefing so this game will draw in the worst the internet has to offer.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• exwinexwin Member Posts: 221

Talonsin is right, I made a wall of text post of my opinion of a "Zombie MMO", and I don't think I mentioned zombies in it once... That itself speaks volumes of just how useless the zombies are in the game.

Zombies in WarZ are an afterthought at the absolute most.

• MMOdad72MMOdad72 Member Posts: 93

After reading on various sites and the officail forums , it became evident the devs blatantly ripped off the work of other artists of varying types ranging from graphics/artwork  to DayZ mod.

Leaving aside the Sergey lies , terrible attitude etc , the game itself is a terribly mish mash of a copy of other folks work.

It deserves zero support.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    @op';s question - word of mouth / never tried it.  terrible game.
  • IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

never played it, i played warinc which is basicly the same thing. only without zombies. 

all the videos i have seen on warz makes me not want to play it, the animations are horrible. zombies are a joke and could be removed without effecting game play at all.  the textures are just plain bad for a game post 2008.  gameplay looks boring as fk.. like playing minecraft in creative without the ability to make anything. 

all in all the game just looks horrible and so not something i would bother playing. (i was willing to test it during their "alpha" period but im not paying money +  personal time to test a game.  i refuse to pay twice to test games.)

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554

The WarZ is not a bad game, however it is incomplete and without the core features it advertises will never be a good game.

For me i enjoyed it for a bit but the game world is very linear and contains bugs that upset even its most loyal players, so after a month of casually playing the game i left and i am now awaiting the Dayz Standalone, one thing that always bugged me about The Warz was its likeness to Dayz, it always looked like Warz had completely ripped off dayz aside from the deep content the Dayz Mod contained.

But again overall its not a bad game, definitely should be a F2P game with no initial cost at all seeing as they already have a cash market its pretty corrupt to ask for a initial download cost for an incomplete game, which...also seems to be the direction of all MMOs lately, these companies want our coin for unfinished product and in some cases they make a ton of money from it and never finished the product...which seems more and more the case with Warz.

List if things wrong with Warz:

-Incomplete
    -Too many crucial gameplay bugs
    -Too many hackers
    -No server rental
    -Server hopping
    -Bad community.

• MarirranyaMarirranya Member Posts: 154

i dont like it for the mere fact that im more scared of survivors rather than the zombies ><

all you do is run around ingame try not to get killed while scavenging for supplies =3=

There are people who play games and then there are gamers.

http://alzplz.blogspot.com

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    I have no problems with War Z but I have the exact same game in my steam folder already and it's called Day Z. There's no cash shop either. Why waste money on a copy cat.
  • Jeff_PermadeathJeff_Permadeath Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by Marirranya

i dont like it for the mere fact that im more scared of survivors rather than the zombies ><

all you do is run around ingame try not to get killed while scavenging for supplies =3=

This.

Anybody NOT baised will give you this reason. Currenly the game has no other purpose but to scavenge and kill survivors.. maybe when they update the game with custom servers it will be alittle different

Originally posted by Starpower
    I have no problems with War Z but I have the exact same game in my steam folder already and it's called Day Z. There's no cash shop either. Why waste money on a copy cat.

War Z isnt exact same game as Day Z

War Z didnt copy Day Z

• LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331
    Originally posted by Jeff_Permadeath

War Z didnt copy Day Z

lol yup just like they didn't rip off art from a TV show.  

• zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
    It is survival, not for eveyone. Most of  haters got confronted with fact that they cant  do anything against hardcore fps guys. Same will be with any other survival mmo.  Some of haters on forum are dayz fans afraid to lose population. But i saw my friend playing few days ago and servers are crowded so i can't understand  why are so many people playing  if nobody like that game. Again forum hate doesent affect very much player base. And it is Alpha. I like this game, it is not bad to spend some time after you got bored with mmorpg's.
  • zanfirezanfire Member UncommonPosts: 969
    Originally posted by Zinzan
    Boring, buggy, small, gankers paradise, poorly designed transaction shop (items looted on death and lost), poor performance, laggy, glitchy, terrible zombie ai., 1990's textures, only 1 map....really i can't think of a single good thing to say about WarZ.

^ just to name a few...and i sadly bought it before it came out for the alpha (lol@beat in oct.31st)

still trying to get a refund.

still waiting on so much stuff that made this seem cool like personal servers, maps that arent giant copy paste (seriously how many times do i need to see the same store/office/garage..ect) wanted list, postable missions....or even a f*cken friends list.

• EiviEivi Member Posts: 96
    Originally posted by zomard100
    Originally posted by zomard100
    Originally posted by Marirranya

Learn to pvp. It is hard to escape like in classic mmorpg's, no safe escape button. Maybe you need vanish or cloak of shadow

What are you, 12? Why don't you start writing like a normal human being so people can understand you or better yet want to understand you

And i should what to do now? To be angry on kid like you? Another bad pvp player maybe :)  Vanish and cloak of shadow are wow rogue abilities, i see that you have not much clue about mmorpg's so you can't undesrstand anything here.

1: If your going to cut someone down for their lack of knowledge, learn to use the language correctly.

2: People have wider issues than just the PvP aspect, the game is broken. The developers tried to screw the players over and still are with permabans for legitimate players, blaming the players for mis-interpreting the steam discription.

Sergey is the bane of gaming right now and i dont believe just people who are "bad pvp players" are having issues with the game and dev team. Your lack of understanding of the issue and your general immaturity are shining through your adolescent rant.

Originally posted by Laross

War Z didnt copy Day Z

War Z was in the works before you even knew Day Z existed ...

Ripping off art doesnt have anything to do with game play (which is the real problem) ... its just more coal for the hate train

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Got any proof?  Lets be honest...  The game runs on the War Inc engine and uses many of the same art.  Cover and PR art was taken from other sites and even the terms of service were copied from LOL.  All indications are that this game has been in development for less than 6 months.  I ask you to provide some proof that it has been developed longer.  Please dont come back with that statement from the official website saying it was in development for years.  We have already seen that the Development team behind the game is anything but truthful.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    I have a problem with the idea of ignoring the developer comments.  I mean this is where our money will be going.  I don't want to give that person any money.  It could be the best game ever, but I don't want a penny of my money going into this development team's pocket.
  • LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331

War Z didnt copy Day Z

Ripping off art doesnt have anything to do with game play (which is the real problem) ... its just more coal for the hate train

yup but it goes to say how far the development team will go to create their game, it goes to say how shady they are, and if they are willing to rip one thing off, is there any limit for what they will do?  who are you going to believe, someone who has a history of stealing or someone who has a clean record?  Gameplay wise how about them putting it up on steam saying all these features exist but actually don't and then have steam do what they rarely ever have done which is pull the game off their site.   I work on games creating levels and gameplay on a daily basis and to say this game was created before DayZ is a joke.  I would like to know where all time went towards cause all I see is a multiplayer death match, if I wanted a good Fps game I'd lean towards Bf3, Cod etc.

• Dantae87Dantae87 Member Posts: 166

War Z didnt copy Day Z

lozl your funny, titoff even said himself that the game was not in development before dayz. and if it was...why is it so crappy? WarZ was not in development b 4 dayz im sorry but it wasnt you can believe watever u hear but titoff even said himself the game has only been in development for a few months....

THEY ALSO ripped WarZ off of War Inc. So they have 2 strikes agains them for copying...oh wait 3. LoL's terms were copy and paisted too...

seriously this game needs to be shut down and everyone refunded there money back...and titoff titty face needs to be prosicuted at the full extent of the law for all his crimes he has commited.

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

War Z didnt copy Day Z

Ehh No it wasn't

• UristMcDwarfUristMcDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 111

War Z didnt copy Day Z

No, that's not true. The War Z has only been in development since around May of this year.

Source #1

Source #2

Currently Playing:
    nothing :(

Originally posted by Talonsin

Got any proof?  Lets be honest...  The game runs on the War Inc engine and uses many of the same art.  Cover and PR art was taken from other sites and even the terms of service were copied from LOL.  All indications are that this game has been in development for less than 6 months.  I ask you to provide some proof that it has been developed longer.  Please dont come back with that statement from the official website saying it was in development for years.  We have already seen that the Development team behind the game is anything but truthful.

The War Z started as quest progression multiplayer game based on the book "World War Z" (without permision of course) hence the name The War Z. When Day Z came out they decided to change the game from a multiplayer lobby type game to an MMO (not-really-a-MMO) type game

Sergey Titov - IGN.COM

So short answer – while we began developing our game before DayZ, we've been encouraged by fact that DayZ has become so popular. And yes, of course some of our latest design decisions were influenced by the DayZ community forums.

Anybody that has played both TWZ and DZ would know that (gameplay-wise) they are two completely different games and if TWZ did copy DZ they failed miserably. Day Z is a true survival horror game and The War Z is a survival of the fittest shooter.

Originally posted by UristMcDwarf
    No, that's not true. The War Z has only been in development since around May of this year.

I feel that many of you taken what I said out of context. I said "The War Z has been the works before  you (Laross) knew Day Z existed". So the 2 terrible sources you provided mean precisely dick and the only way you can prove me wrong is to know when Laross knew Day Z existed.