Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOL I got a forum warning for this.. yet they..

2»

Comments

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337

It's just like this forum. It only takes some seasoned poster to click report just because it feels right to them versus them just taking it for face value.

You will always have weak minded people who think they are better than whatever it was you posted. 

• SirmakiSirmaki Member UncommonPosts: 118
    Originally posted by khartman2005

constantly let threads continue bashing their own developers and company. The following is the private message I received.

You have received a warning at STAR WARS: The Old Republic.

Reason:
    -------
    Rules Notification

Your post was recently removed for violating the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ community Rules of Conduct. Please note that this is just a friendly reminder of the Rules of Conduct - no infraction points have been added to your account!

Please be respectful to your fellow community members.

We appreciate your understanding, and ask that you take a moment to review our Rules of Conduct.

Feel free to contact the Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Team at [email protected] if you have any questions about this message or its contents. Thank you for respecting our position and helping us create a fun and safe environment for our community.

-------

Original Post:
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5631565

Quote:
    I wouldn't say bleeding players, but it's definitely losing them. I'm cancelling my sub because bioware has ignored 240+ tickets about players harrassing, bullying, insulting players off my server while they cuss and talk like sailors in general chat. I guess the bullies will win, but I really don't feel like paying bioware anymore money while they continue to allow such inappropriate and childish behaviour to continue in this game. Shame on you bioware for having zero integrity to enforce your rules. Worst customer service ever.

This was my response to the post above.

You are cancelling a game you like because of bullies??? WOW Are you gonna quit real life because of bullies also. People should be made aware of a function in the game called IGNORE that can be used to silence the bullies and never have to be bothered again.

All the best,
    STAR WARS: The Old Republic

Seriously Bioware get your priorities straight.

Way to fail at reading comprehension. The guy you responded too said he didn't feel like <PAY ATTENTION TO THIS PART> paying money to a company that isn't enforcing it's own rules. He didn't say <WATCH CLOSELY NOW> he opened 240+ tickets now did he? So this isn't just his problem, it's systemic to the company. Also, how do you play a game if you are spending your time /ignoring people contantly?

My personal opinion? I think you are just trying pump up your self-esteem by blasting someone you think is weak and thus make yourself feel special.

Now you want to see some over-zealous modding? Wait till my post gets read/reported and I get bashed to posting my opinion. Note I didn't call you a name, or even accuse you of anything, I simply said what I thought was the motivation for what you said. Didn't even use "nasty" words etc. It's cool though, I rarely post so I likely won't feel the need to post again till the banishment is over.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Originally posted by Fdzzaigl
    Originally posted by Vidir
    Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

Man, not to step on your toes, but that really is nothing.

I got warnings for far less before launch and back then I was still mostly supportive of the direction they were taking with the game.

A warning is just a warning, must've racked up about 6-7 of them in my time there. Some users had a truckload before they finally got suspended.

No that is not correct you get warning or a bann for one post you make you dont build up and gather points for getting banned.

Warnings on their forums can come with "infractions",  they don't if it's a first warning or a minor "offence".

As you stack up infraction points you can get banned and after that, permabanned.

Read their rules :)

this is far from true in practice , though its true in their forum rules. I have had at least 20 or more warnings in the last six months and never once been banned and ive cussed people out over there.

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    Originally posted by skeaser
    You were flaming/trolling, woulda got warned on most game forums.

Bingo. If this is how the OP communicates to people in his life... wow. Show a little respect and class OP.