Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Firefall Homers saying the size of the world is 1/10th the size of the earth pleassssssseeeeeeeeee s

the map takes 5min to walk across its SMALL 1 zone in tera online is bigger then the whole firefall game i am completely serious.

you kids falling for marketing sham , of course they are gonna say the games gonna be that big PEOPLE WILL SAY ANYTHING TO SELL A PRODUCT HOLY SHIT PEOPLE shut the fuck up

Comments

• ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281
    What?

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• blkwltz19blkwltz19 Member UncommonPosts: 18
    The point of this is......?
  • MalviousMalvious Member UncommonPosts: 218
    lulz

Fine, we'll compromise. I'll get my way & you'll find a way to be okay with that.

• EsuarfeeeeEsuarfeeee Member UncommonPosts: 91
    then i guess you should stick with Tera. 

• radagast777radagast777 Member Posts: 80
    lol you is dumb
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by iaintevenmadbreh

the map takes 5min to walk across its SMALL 1 zone in tera online is bigger then the whole firefall game i am completely serious.

you kids falling for marketing sham , of course they are gonna say the games gonna be that big PEOPLE WILL SAY ANYTHING TO SELL A PRODUCT HOLY SHIT PEOPLE shut the fuck up

Sooo, who exactly said that? Having played the game and read quite a bit of the info on the game, that claim is news to me. (And yeah, not true, but I dont think anyone (official) has ever claimed that...)

• ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281
    Originally posted by hfztt
    Originally posted by iaintevenmadbreh

Sooo, who exactly said that? Having played the game and read quite a bit of the info on the game, that claim is news to me. (And yeah, not true, but I dont think anyone (official) has ever claimed that...)

I wouldn't bother arguing, I'd imagine the OP is passed out in a sea of beer cans. 

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

Firefall FAQ, posted as sticky on their forums, says about their world size:

http://www.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/firefall-faq-and-infocenter.3436/#post-765012

How big is the open world?

Firefall is an online team based shooter first and foremost, so the world is on the smaller size, but big compared to shooters. They don't want big for the sake of big. Everything will serve the gameplay experience. At release, the world is expected to be approximately 12 square miles, although much of that will be covered by the Melding."

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Ever think, I don't know, they didn't show the full map during beta events?
  • tollboothtollbooth Member CommonPosts: 298
    I can't imagine anyone actually making this claim.  that would make the game world bigger than South America.
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Originally posted by tollbooth
    I can't imagine anyone actually making this claim.  that would make the game world bigger than South America.

Agreed.  You could have 25,000 players per server and never see anyone for weeks.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

A quote might help your cause better.  Comments from another user saying 1/10th the size of the Earth isn't quite the same ...

Are you sure you're not confusing this with the lies WarZ dev's said?  The ones that got that game yanked off Steam (like the map  actually being 10-20% of the size that was advertised)?

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271

What a ridcoulous thing to bring up.

Even if it were true, a game like that would be completely unplayable. Maybe in a MMORTS played in 3d/1st person, where you command an army of AI with very fast vehicles... Someone make this game...

Otherwise, ghost town (planet).