Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Preferred member? Beware when buying from Cartel Market

So I bought a cheap unlockable for my account.  I actually bought a bunch, but this is the first one that I've had problems with.  I bought the Display Legacy name (account) unlockable.  When I clicked on it, everything was fine, I could see my legacy name.  When I logged off and back on, I actually lost the upgrade.

The problem is when I contacted Bioware about this, they said that they couldn't help me, (they couldn't even try to help me) because I'm not a subscriber.  So, I buy something from their shop, and they can't help me when it bugs.  Really, really shady business practices.  Buyer beware.....

Comments

• Matticus75Matticus75 Member UncommonPosts: 396
    I like your running man thingy icon
  • TraugarTraugar Member UncommonPosts: 183
    Originally posted by leojreimroc

So I bought a cheap unlockable for my account.  I actually bought a bunch, but this is the first one that I've had problems with.  I bought the Display Legacy name (account) unlockable.  When I clicked on it, everything was fine, I could see my legacy name.  When I logged off and back on, I actually lost the upgrade.

The problem is when I contacted Bioware about this, they said that they couldn't help me, (they couldn't even try to help me) because I'm not a subscriber.  So, I buy something from their shop, and they can't help me when it bugs.  Really, really shady business practices.  Buyer beware.....

If they accept money from you then they are required to deliver the goods purchased.  Dispute the charge with the card company that you used to buy the cartel coins with.  EA may retaliate by banning the account, but that is a whole different issue.  

• leojreimrocleojreimroc Member UncommonPosts: 371
    Originally posted by Traugar

If they accept money from you then they are required to deliver the goods purchased.  Dispute the charge with the card company that you used to buy the cartel coins with.  EA may retaliate by banning the account, but that is a whole different issue.  

They would ban my account.  I know what you're saying, but I'm not ready to lose my account for a 2$ item.

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

So, you lose $2 and they continue to scam other users out of $2...

Or, people realize it's a crap game and the company running it is crap.  Demand a refund or that your purchased goods be delivered or get your money back (dispute with your bank)...

Originally posted by Painlezz

So, you lose $2 and they continue to scam other users out of $2...

Or, people realize it's a crap game and the company running it is crap.  Demand a refund or that your purchased goods be delivered or get your money back (dispute with your bank)...

I'm not done fighting, I'm going to continue to hassle their support, and call them quite a few times.  But I definitely wanted to post something here as well.

• TraugarTraugar Member UncommonPosts: 183

They would ban my account.  I know what you're saying, but I'm not ready to lose my account for a 2$ item.

Thats why I said it is a whole different issue.  It starts a whole process with the bank.  In the end you would still have your account, but it is a hassle.  Not sure $2 is worth it, but it is an option.  

• fundayzfundayz Member Posts: 463

Not only that but they are still selling the Companion Unify Color feature even though they know it is non-functional at the moment. Not even a warning.

Thats why I said it is a whole different issue.  It starts a whole process with the bank.  In the end you would still have your account, but it is a hassle.  Not sure $2 is worth it, but it is an option.  

You are mistaken, that's exactly why they ban you. Companies don't like it when customers get their banks to force a backcharge and often ban accounts that do that. That is what the OP is referring to.

Just happened to me again.  I bought a weekly space mission unlock.  I used it, no space missions.  And again, I emailed and phoned, no support.

This is complete bullshit.

• MMOdad72MMOdad72 Member Posts: 93

I feel sorry for you OP , no sarcasm intended.

I'm just thinking this is the best possible example of EA/Bioware's extreme incompetence.

They will sell you things for $$ from the Cartel market , but not allow you to post for help on the official forums unless you are a subscriber.

Classic example of how crappy the company is.

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303
    Feeling sorry won't help, launch a complaint with BBB. You are a customer, maybe EA prefers to deal publicly with these issues /sarcasm.
  • simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

that kind of shady activities is one of the reasons, why preferred players cant post on their forums

if a thread like that could be seen over there, their whole scam would be obvious to all

and they dont like to hear complaints from those , who actually PAID for this game

i preordered, i was in prelaunch,,and now i cant even post on their forums?

but they cant hold the facts hidden forever,,sooner or later , people will realize

• Zeppelin5083Zeppelin5083 Member Posts: 410

I basically copied and pasted your post over in the General Discussion section on the official forums.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5669372#post5669372

I don't know if it will help at all but at least it brings your problem to light a bit.