Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which has better starter population EQ or EQ2?

stockhouse50stockhouse50 Member Posts: 6

I am deciding if I want to come back to play EQ or EQ2. I liked both games but enjoyed EQ more than EQ2. Because I enjoy grouping I would like to play on a highly populated server and noticed both Cazic Thule and Xegony servers had high populations on EQ1 (www.soe.com/status). Are the starters zones populated enough to find groups on these servers or any other mid to high populated servers on EQ1? 

I would like to find a group most times within 10-15 minutes at any level if possible, but I imagine most of the players are concentrated at the higher levels. 

If you think I would have better luck finding groups in EQ2 then I am fine with that as a solid second choice. Which server would you recommend in EQ2: Freeport or Antonia Bayle?  

Comments

• MisalignedMisaligned Member UncommonPosts: 45

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but in my experience you're unlikely to find groups in either game at low levels. Both games have Mercenaries and many people will simply molo (solo with a merc) until the higher levels.

I think you can find groups in either game if you are proactive and put in the effort. If you want to increase your chances I recommend playing a Bard and asking for groups or roll a tank and form them yourself. Everyone likes Bards/Enchanters and good tanks seem to be in short supply in all MMOs I've played.

I play EQ on Tunare and see plenty of other people around. I play EQ2 on Antonia Bayle and recommend it, though Freeport would be a good choice as well.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,996

In both games there are decent populations all the way to top level if you are on one of the more active servers.  but as was mentioned above more folks solo than group til you get to a higher level.  however a friendly guild will fix that problem :)

the only games i know of where folks group up starting at low levels are the games with dungeon finders and ffxi, where it's essential; and vanguard.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• TrappinTrappin Member UncommonPosts: 66

EQ - Fironia Vie ranks as one of the top servers.

Getting people to join groups L1-65 requires effort but can be done. Most vets just powerlevel through to 70-75 either by buying into HS / Swarm groups at 50-70k an hr or  box their own powerleveling with damage shields and those aoe sticks - holgresh stave? I forget. Anyhow, it takes time, gear, cash resources and dedication.

Good luck.

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

I have gone back to EQ a few times, it is just not the same.  However, it never hurts to give it a shot. 

I did go back once and joined a guild doing Progression on a non-progression server.  We actually all grouped up until max level the guild allowed, then we began raiding.  Unfortunately, it just became a matter of leveling up, then just logging in for raids.

I still enjoy playing the game here and there, but it is definitely not the same... maybe EQ Next will possibly come out one day.