Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SV Developer complains about bad reviews and asks fans to go counter them...

124»

Comments

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300
    Originally posted by Heretix
    Originally posted by argirop

The part about KoTO was addressing the OP, where the site in question "Desura" was littered with 1-star reviews by KoTO members who were recently sieged out of the game.  You can question my taste in games all you want, but you know what they say about ASSuming anything about what other people want in games.  Almost every single new player I see hopping to try the FTP absolutely loves the game; I've helped one group of 10 or so players start their own guild, and given many others help from the start.   I have first-hand experience that people who are actually trying the game for the first time very much enjoy the product they are jumping into.  The 10's of thousands like you say almost all tried the game at release : the game was barely even playable at release, it was atrocious.  To say any of those people know what the game is like now would be the understatement of the century.

In regards to the comment that SV developers are just "milking money" from people in an elaborate scam so they can eat cheetos and play CoD with the rent covered is ridiculous.  They are an amateur company of game enthusiasts who are building a great game.  The process has been clumsy and unprofessional at times and this has been too much for many people to stick around with, but they have severely improved the product since release and have shown great promise that the game will be a solid, marketable product in the coming months.  Thinking that this company doesn't want their game to succeed is absurd.  I have played since beta as well: the game is 10x better, the support is 10x better, GM tools, the installer launcher, the website, pretty much every aspect of the game and company has improved minus a bunch of incompetant programmers and "launch hype" population.  Its a good game whether you like it or not, and there is nothing wrong with the devs asking their community to make honest reviews of the game.

As you said earlier to me: stop stating your own reality or lies as facts. No i dont know what they say about "ASSuming anything about what other people want in games" Care to elaborate? But if you want the most retarded AI has ever created for a MMORPG, a seemless glitchy, empty world with empty dungeons, static cities, worthless player towns, bugged, tasteless and bad implemented UI, crashes and downtimes, corrupted GM's that have affiliations with other players and guilds and they currently playing the game, the most crappy patcher of all times in a monthly subscription based MMO that has a very good chance to corrupt your 25 GB gamefiles of your game and force you to redownload it from scratch again and again to be able to play,  self baptized developers that cannot make an autohotkey script in its simplest form, non existing PVE, non existing PVP, flying mounts, PC's, NPC's and mobs etc etc (i could go on forever on this list) then sorry its my bad and more power to you. Your taste in games is absolutely fine and there must be something wrong with me or my taste. I have experienced hundreds if not thousands of people that removed the game from their hard drive within the first day of playing it. And yes i have to agree with you that the game was attrocious at release. The same way that you would agree with me that the game is still attrocious 2 and 1/2 years after release if you were not up to do your marketing job.

In regards to my comment concerning SV developers i cannot but stay at it. If you follow your precious and "talented" CEO you will see many of his relaxing posts commenting several online games that him and Sebastian currently playing. That in the same time that the claim they have their hands busy with developing failed patches like "awakening", they cannot throw a bone to their playerbase the same time when you and several others waiting for 8 months or more without even be able to see the end of the tunnel, some light at it but patiently waiting for your hyped to hell and half assed content that you have being promissed years ago. I dont know if they are enthusiasts or plain frauds but i know that those people cannot build a great game. They dont have the skills, the education, the imagination nor the vision to do so. The process has been clumpsy and still is and yes MO afte 2 1/2 years is improved but not highly as you like to claim but slightly. To me it doesnt worth the waiting and the support for such a small progress and even for a game like MO with its current developement, will be needed more than a lifetime to become if not playable somehow decent and not few months as you said. Its like 3-4 months after Awakening released and they still trying to drive out the bugs from the latest patch while prediction is worst than ever, nodeline glitches are back and the AI that was supposed to revolutionaze the gaming world proved to be another joke since its the most retarded AI gamers ever meet. Pretty much shares the same mentality with their creators.

Saying in general that the game is 10x better (since Beta) is a plain joke and totaly absurd. The game improved in terms of graphics and at some point they fixed some issues like nodelines but that was preety much it. And even now as we speak the issues with nodelines are back. Bugs from day one are ingame and your "talented devs that making a great game that will be a solid marketable product after a few months" 2 and 1/2 years after release they failing to deliver a chat (in MO theres only local and guild chat) that will not crash several times per hour and will force you to restart your bloody client again and again. Talking about 10x better support is a pure lie since support is worst than ever and the wanna be GM's, councilors, mods realized that they can go unpunished and do whatever they pleased, so theres anarchy ingame, anarchy in forums. They re repeating the same old mistakes and they have in charge the most incompetent people they could have from within the community to drive them in the right direction. Cheers Discord. The patcher is better than ever? I never had problems with the patcher untill Awakening. The patcher is worst than even and several people had their client corrupted. But what can i say Paratus is way better at censorship than coding. Same with his UI. People where promissed for a new UI since the beggining of time and instead they got an outdated, half assed, semi working and glitchy UI made by a fan (even though i do believe that Paratus aint only a volunteer).  

Its one of the worst games of all times whether you like it or not. Its one game that thousands of people tried for several times in different times, having faulse hopes as the ones you are spreading in your numerous posts lately and decided that it doesnt worth a cent. What devs are you talking about? Why do you use plural? As far as i know the only dev (even though he isnt but at least thats the only one we could somehow call this way) is Sebastian Person. And no its not cool at all to ask from his playerbase to give good reviews about MO. Not at least untill he does some serious work instead of playing CoD and eating cheetos in offices paid by subs and make his game playable. Untill then he is only entitled to beg for money and scheduling donations to develope things that you might not see in game any time soon.

Have in mind that talking loud in these forums doesnt make you right nor gives to anyone the impression that you have valid points. Its just that people are pretty much tired to have to answer to the very same BS each time that SV is in deep shit and each time some bot of yours decides to be SV's saviour and comes in here to spread lies and imaginary crap by simply stating them. Do us all a favour and focus on your game. Isnt it clear to you after all this time that even if you advertise it and gazilions of people will run to test it, given the fact of its state no more than few will remain subbed to play it and those few will be just a replacement for the old tired fanbois that after all this time starting to see the things as they are and not as they wanted to be.

Why did you quote the word "talented" twice in reference to the devs in your post, implying I ever called them such?  That practice is completely dishonest and is essentially making up an argument for you to use.  I said they are making a great game, not that they are doing a great job getting there - there is a huge difference.  The game files are only 14.4 GB, and the patcher backs up every file before the writing process, making it very, very difficult to corrupt a file now.  Again, fabricating data to support your argument, get your story straight before taking small ounces of truth and lining it with bullshit to make it sound better.  Sure there is a huge gap in the available pve content, and I am one of SVs harshest critics when it comes to that aspect, but prediction worse than ever?  Nodelines worse than ever?  That's a straight-up lie.  The world used to be broken up into 2-3x as many nodes as it is now with each one causing a 4-5 second freeze.  Now not only does the world contain far fewer nodes, but the freeze is less than a second in most cases, and not even close to as bad as it was in the worst cases.  Again, inflating claims to extremes to make your points sound more authentic: dishonest.  Then a bunch of opinionated material such as they are "worst of all time" and "repeating same mistakes" which if you want to believe that, then go for it.  Mortal has more than one dev.  Dev doesn't just mean "programmer".  You have artists, backend, programmers, and even henrik uses the world-builder.  Again, get your facts straight.  And for the 3rd time: they aren't asking people to spread good reviews, they are asking people to go make HONEST reviews to rival the DISHONEST reviews so people have a REAL idea of what the game is about.  I have read several such reviews, and none held back in their feelings on the game's shortcomings.  You wouldn't know anything about HONEST review judging by the wealth of FALSE information in your posts.  And in regards to "talking loud".  What does that mean?  Because I formulate real arguments I am somehow "talking loud"?  Show me where I say or assume that I can type in all caps and people will listen to what I have to say.  I have laid the facts down on the table and picked apart your poorly constructed arguments, if that hurt your feelings I am sorry, but again I wanted to put my own views in this forum alongside the general negative bias of a few of the "louder" posters in this forum.  And finally, in regards to the "secret agent of SV sent here to infiltrate the masses and spread positive propoganda" idea that you keep going back to, I find it severely diminishes your credibility in this discussion.  The fact that you keep detaching from the argument at hand and continuously attempting to draw into question my motives and character shows that you have no real confidence in your own arguments and must rely on other means to accomplish your "goals", whatever they may be.  I am both a fan and a critic of SV and Mortal, my views are my own, and I don't need to supplement my arguments with artificial data, inflated situations, and assumptions to make my points.  I don't need to make blanket statements, speak for others, call you names, or research how many posts you may have, what other games you may play, accuse you of spying, or treason, or being a mormon in attempt to elevate my status, credibility, or popularity.  My points will speak for themself:  The game is free to play, many new players who I personally encounter say they really enjoy the game, and I think it is fair that we afford others to have the same opportunity.

Man quoting something doesnt necessarily means that i m using your exact same words. It also means that i m sarcastic. The bunch of opinionated matterial comes as an answer to your opinionated matterial regarding the bs of 10x better game, 10x better support etc etc. Somehow you dont mind doing it but you get upset when others do. And again get a grip, chill out and dont try to drive the subject into a personnal argument cause it isnt. So they are asking from people to go make honest reviews to rival the dishonest reviews. If a honest review is one that finds MO 10x better game than it was on its release, its support 10x times better and a dishonest one numbers MO's countless flaws then again more power to you and your biased opinions.

You said they are making a great game again and i wrote a wall of text on why the game isnt so "great" as you like to say. But again i m dishonest and you are honest cause you simply said so. As it is about the patcher: few weeks after Awakening released one of the many patches that came to save MO from the countless bugs, the half assed features and the overall caos corrupted my gamefiles. I have installed and unistalled MO several times mostly when i was formating my OC or when i got a new pc and never had real problems with the patcher or the installation appart from one time (at Dawn release if remember correctly) but reinstalling the game fixed my problem. Was often reading people with problems installing or patching the game and i was happy that i didnt share their bad luck but at the shame time couldnt help cause i didnt have a clue what the problem was. So i tried to reinstall my client (i remember checking on it and it was around 25 GB) but unfortunatelly the patcher was broken and stoped patching in the exact gamefile as it did at first time. A second search on forums informed me that i had to reinstall my client and keep on praying that patcher will work this time. Didnt bothered to do so, so i unistalled. Few days after and while people where keep on complaining about not being able to install their game someone came up with a possible solution which if i remember correctly was to install the game using safe mode in windows. Thanks but no thanks.

And yes prediction is worse than ever and combat animations are glitchier than ever. In a couple of fights i tried i was getting hit from 10 or more meters away, was perfectly blocking while i was facing my opponent but still i was receiving high damage since the opponent was hitting me from the back. Random sparks from perfect blocking where apearing in my screen in random times and the whole experience was awfull. So yes prediction is worst than ever. As it is about nodelines i never said its worst than ever. You did. I said nodeline problems are back. At some point after Dawn if again i remember correctly SV's devs did find a way and they reduced the freezing time to 10ths of second. But that doesnt apply anymore since the nodeline freezes now are in several cases up to 2-3 seconds and for other people even more. 

You talk loud and you can check your writings i simply marked on golden letters to make yourself sure about it. You and the positive reviews do have honour but me and all the negative reviews are "dishonest"? Get your thoughts together man. Unless you think you adress yourself to 10 year old children that take lightly everything they read in the internet and adopting it without second thought, the use of common sence and based on their own experiences. Credibility and character? Seriously? What makes you think that i would bother to judge your character or what gives you the right to talk about my credibility? But ofc its the internet: gives all sort of opportunities to people and makes them feel strong and almighty to do things your way. But have in mind that not everyone around can take your shots heavily nor everyone cares about what you think of me or anyone else.

And to finish this cause no one really cares about the whole argument: SV to my taste is the worst gaming company i ve ever encountered. Talking about agents or spies or a 007 in the service of Henrik is plain silly to put it lightly. Its not my intention to disorient the conversation but as much as i read your biased opinions, your false statements, your personall attacks i cant help myself from thinking that you are somehow afiliated with SV and its in your best interrest for them to look good. Its that or you simply are blind to see that they are in a constant race of manipulating their playerbase, overpromissing while underdelivering, overcharging, lying, deceiving regarding a product that 2 and half years after release it cant be considered more than a crappy game in Alpha or in Beta state (and been extremely generous with that). But since my mentality completely fails to serve me on comprehending that there are still people under the second example that are willing to fight SV's fights the same time that they dont give a rats ass about bringing their game in a decent state (or they simply cannot) thats why i tend to believe the first one. Ofc there are bright examples of the second example as "Tizio" in MO official forums, whos is willing to go on steam light and give his green light with several accounts and bragging about that as it is a heroic act, but still those people arent the "sharpest tools in the toolbox". And again your motives can be put under question. Your character not likely. Not by me at least. You may role playing the fanboy right now as we speak or you maybe simply trolling. You may be someone from SV's employes that thinks SV will become "Blizzard" like, MO will get tenths of thousands of subscribers and yourself will be under a payroll with many many digits (i ve meet a councilor like that who was thinking the exact same way and his worst scenario in his mind was that he will get a couple of lines under his curiculoum vitae) or Henrik himself who believes that people will magically forget his lies and he ll make a new and fresh start on deceiving, lying and milking money from a hungry playerbase that is willing to support an empty cell just because it was promissed to be "a great sandbox game, a 3D follower of UO" or simply someone who feels like arguing in the name of argument. But still your motivation is a bit of the top (always to my judging) and your opinions as you said are your own and express only yourslef and a few other people that keep on playing that dead corpse of a game, each for his own reasons but none because it is a "great game" nor it has the potential to be one. We do however share one point: Mo is under a retarded f2p model and everyone has the option to give it a try and see with his own eyes not only that in 2013 theres a joke of a company that tries to sell sea weed in place for silk ribbons but also that there are people like your kind, who have the fuckin' nerve to stand up for them and give em some space to perform their shady and unethical practises and milk money from naive or desparate people.

• PoachinatorPoachinator Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/i-always-wanted-to-review-mo-p.81960/#post-1410928

PS: The best part is that apparently 44% of the people rated it a 10...  almost ALL with brand new accounts (including Heke who I believe is Henrick's brother and the SV "business manager" but doesn't disclose that info).  So I guess that's OK in his eyes... LOL

They just haven't learned that they need to fix their PRODUCT first and then the reputation will get a lift.   Tricking people into trying a F2P game by rating it a 10 just hurts the company.  They need to UNDER PROMISE and OVER DELIVER.  For some reason, they just never learn this and thus all of their PR initiatives fail...

Also, read that whole thread for a good perspective on the community.  One of their hardcore supporters posts a preview of a "review" he wants to publish so that the other hardcore fans and even the developers and tweak it and make it a  "Really fine and objective review"

Again, it's not the reviews that hurt the game.  It's the product itself.  They sold 10s of thousands of copies of the game.  Their pitiful retention rate has nothing to do with reviews and everything to do with a poor product that people actually TRIED and dumped.

After seeing you do nothing but crap all over this game I just want to say this. I like it so far. The F2P got me and a friend to play this again after buying it well over 2 years ago. We both figured after 10 minutes we would be done, as it was truly crap way back upon release. WRONG, they have improved this game 10 fold, its actually playable and fun. After about 3 days of straight play we ran into the server down because of the Trindem city issue for about 35 minutes, not bad at all.

What separates MO for us from any other MMO is that it is truly an undiscovered world. No in game map, you take your life and belongings it to your own hands. This game is truly a great sandbox MMO. I like the grind of working on each and every skill, which harkens back to the old EQ days for us. Yes we are still in the newbie area but hell its been a fun few days. Have had a much more thrilling experience in this game over the past few days then we have in the Darkfall UW beta or the orgiginal Darkfall.... Plus hey they give you a few hotbars instead of a retarded skill wheel that for me is impossible to use! 

For me I do give this game a good review. I believe it has improved by a long shot since release. Good job Star Vault!

• HeretixHeretix Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by Poachinator

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/i-always-wanted-to-review-mo-p.81960/#post-1410928

PS: The best part is that apparently 44% of the people rated it a 10...  almost ALL with brand new accounts (including Heke who I believe is Henrick's brother and the SV "business manager" but doesn't disclose that info).  So I guess that's OK in his eyes... LOL

They just haven't learned that they need to fix their PRODUCT first and then the reputation will get a lift.   Tricking people into trying a F2P game by rating it a 10 just hurts the company.  They need to UNDER PROMISE and OVER DELIVER.  For some reason, they just never learn this and thus all of their PR initiatives fail...

Also, read that whole thread for a good perspective on the community.  One of their hardcore supporters posts a preview of a "review" he wants to publish so that the other hardcore fans and even the developers and tweak it and make it a  "Really fine and objective review"

Again, it's not the reviews that hurt the game.  It's the product itself.  They sold 10s of thousands of copies of the game.  Their pitiful retention rate has nothing to do with reviews and everything to do with a poor product that people actually TRIED and dumped.

After seeing you do nothing but crap all over this game I just want to say this. I like it so far. The F2P got me and a friend to play this again after buying it well over 2 years ago. We both figured after 10 minutes we would be done, as it was truly crap way back upon release. WRONG, they have improved this game 10 fold, its actually playable and fun. After about 3 days of straight play we ran into the server down because of the Trindem city issue for about 35 minutes, not bad at all.

What separates MO for us from any other MMO is that it is truly an undiscovered world. No in game map, you take your life and belongings it to your own hands. This game is truly a great sandbox MMO. I like the grind of working on each and every skill, which harkens back to the old EQ days for us. Yes we are still in the newbie area but hell its been a fun few days. Have had a much more thrilling experience in this game over the past few days then we have in the Darkfall UW beta or the orgiginal Darkfall.... Plus hey they give you a few hotbars instead of a retarded skill wheel that for me is impossible to use! 

For me I do give this game a good review. I believe it has improved by a long shot since release. Good job Star Vault!

Thank you for posting this as it backs up my claims that the game NOW is much better than release, and despite the bugs that currently exist many new and returning players logging in now are actually enjoying their experience.  I am one of the harshest critics of the game on the MO forums, and am constantly providing feedback on what they need to do better.  And I do get get frustrated, and I do write things that aren't so nice.  However, I can make an easy distinction between the type of criticism I provide and the Garbage negative propaganda you see from some of the posters on this forum.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Originally posted by Poachinator

Thank you for posting this as it backs up my claims that the game NOW is much better than release, and despite the bugs that currently exist many new and returning players logging in now are actually enjoying their experience.  I am one of the harshest critics of the game on the MO forums, and am constantly providing feedback on what they need to do better.  And I do get get frustrated, and I do write things that aren't so nice.  However, I can make an easy distinction between the type of criticism I provide and the Garbage negative propaganda you see from some of the posters on this forum.

Guy is allowed to his own opinion.  Even though the vast majority of people who try the game do not stay some small percentage stay.  He is obviously one of those, at least for his first 2 days of playing.  Whether he makes it 2 months remains to be seen.

Do you use the same name on the MO forums?  I'd be interested in seeing these examples of you being the harshest critic of MO.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300

Guy is allowed to his own opinion.  Even though the vast majority of people who try the game do not stay some small percentage stay.  He is obviously one of those, at least for his first 2 days of playing.  Whether he makes it 2 months remains to be seen.

Do you use the same name on the MO forums?  I'd be interested in seeing these examples of you being the harshest critic of MO.

Its Hertix in official MO forums and he actually had some points mostly in the past regarding few of MO's countless issues but dressed them with flowers.

• keitholikeitholi Member UncommonPosts: 140
    Originally posted by ShortyBible
    Originally posted by ShortyBible
    Originally posted by Lahuzer

Gwahlur, just give up on em. They won´t change. They´ve made it to a living doing everything in their power to make SV look bad. It IS sad to see how some people here want a small company like SV to fall over. The world need more companies like SV that at least are TRYING to do something unique. OK, they aren´t always successfull, and it don´t goes as fast as it does with AAA-titles. But still I love them for what they are trying to do. And no, we don´t always get along, and they make mistakes like we all do.

[mod edit] I´m enjoying both games right now, even if AV made SV look good there with their awfull communication before launch etc. Thank god they have step up now, and communicate more. But I think both these games have a place on the market, and I hope both succeeds cause the MMO-world needs them to. We don´t want more crappy themepark games. Or, I sure as hell don´t at least. People need to stop the hating, and play games they enjoy, and leave those they don´t like. Sure, express how much you hate em when you leave. But to stalk their forums for years is anything but healthy.

Star Vault is exactly the type of company the world does not need. They have stoled, lied and committed fraud. As a consumer I am appalled that players even continue to support them.

I promise to stop in from time to time and warn other consumers about this unethical company.

Sorry, but this is bullshit.  Starvault has provided myself and others a better gaming experience than any other company to date.  A small company has gone outside of the comfort zone most companies are afraid to leave to make a truly unique sandbox experience.  This is exactly what type of company that gamers like myself need: one that will actually make an enjoyable game rather than shallow copies of previous games.  Everyone has the information available to them what kind of company this is (small, indie), what type of game they are making (sandbox) and what type of client base they are selling it to (niche).  If you as a paying customer don't enjoy that sort of thing don't then don't support them with your money.  But when you come on here purposely spreading rotten propoganda and lies in an effort to make the game or company fail you are not only depriving prospective gamers of an experience that they might actually enjoy (running instances and battlegrounds stopped being fun long ago) but you are damaging the genre.

Last time I checked Starvault wasn't rolling in money, dumping sewage in rivers, selling weapons to terrorists, or punching kittens.  They actually have a product that people enjoy, moreso than most other products on the market.  Last time I checked Starvault has kept almost entirely to their vision and hasn't folded on their principles to appeal to a larger market even if their financials have been terrible.  A small company working for peanuts from zero knowledge is trying to create a game that many people want to see happen, and in its current state is far more enjoyable than 99% of games on the market.  This is far more ethical, and perhaps noble, then making recycled garbage like other companies.  The incompetance in the past has nothing to do with "ethics" and everything to do with inexperience.  Since the game is now FTP, let people make up their own minds.

First of all I would like to thank you for your response.

I am an avid gamer, but I am a consumer first and foremost. Now for the facts:

Star Vault Stole, Lied and Commited Fraud.

I purchased the Limited Edition for $75.00 USD. What I paid for was Client on media, all expansions and updates on media for the entire life span of Mortal Online.  As of today I  have received  a beta client on a disk.   (Please don't tell me no other company does this. This is what they advertised, and that is what I bought.)

Heck earlier this year they were still advertising this in the store.

EUR 35.96

(incl. VAT EUR 0.00)

• Embossed Metal Box
    • All pre-launch updates freely shipped on DVD
    • Digital Download
    • Free future digital updates and expansions
    • Includes one month's game time
    • Includes shipping fee

The day that Star Vault launched Mortal Online they activated all accounts and auto subscribed us without mailing out the client. We received the beta client months after the game went live. This means many customers never got to use the 30 days that they paid for when purchasing the client.

Many customers for example our veterans who were in Iraq had their Credit Cards billed for months without their knowledge. This was not only unethical but criminal. If I use my Credit Card to purchace a copy of a magazine, they cannot use that information to subscribe me to that magazine.

Star Vault has double and tripple billed many of their customers Credit Cards, this seems to occur just prior to their finincial reporting due date.

The lies are too numerous to list in this post, 2 quick examples Tindrem was ready before they launched, but needed some tweaks, took over 2 years to tweak it.
    Lore was ready before launch, it only needed to be translated to (Advanced English)  image

You Sir do more damage to the genre that you say you love, by calling me a lier and accusing me of  "But when you come on here purposely spreading rotten propoganda and lies in an effort to make the game or company fail" propaganda.

We have seen this before. A new account with a few posts berating us customers.  You speak from the heart but without any facts or knowledge to back up your rhetoric.

This allows concerned consumers like myself to use you as a target to inform potential customers about the type of company Star Vault is . Our readers will decide who is "spreading rotten propaganda" when they compare our posts.

Below I have linked the video of an irate customer who bought the Collectors Edition which cost much more than the Limited Edition which I paid $75.00 USD for. I have also included a screen shot of the FTC rules. 
    (Screen shot is not mine. Someone posted it in the WarZ forum. I think it applies to Star Vault also.)

Happy Holidays.

Happy holidays to you as well.  First, they were initially unable to fulfill the commitment of a "working" dvd as in case you didn't know the game was hardly playable at release, and since has had a new engine installed, most of the game rewritten, the installer/patcher rewritten a couple of times.  Regardless of all of that, all it takes is an email to mortal support and they will send you an up-to-date dvd and refund/fix your billing issues.  When I first bought the xbox 360 on release I waited 10 hours outside wal-mart to get one, brought it home just to turn it on and have a red ring of death.  I didn't sit at home and blame the company (microsoft) for two years for being frauds, I took it back and given a new one (I had to wait 2 weeks, yea, so I was pissed).  It is pretty standard as a consumer to not get what you expected or wanted, and as a consumer you should know the protocol in such situations is contacting the company and having them help you resolve those issues.  I bring up the billing issues because WoW did exactly what Mortal did, they automatically subbed me even though I had only bought the game and not  a sub: I find it strange that you would have such high expectations for an indie game company on something a gaming giant such as Blizzard can't get right either.

In regards to Tindrem/Lore : name one game company, much less an amateur game company, that delivers content when they say they will.  SV has stated many times why they were unable to get certain things in at certain dates, if companies were prosecuted for failing to meet exact expectations and release dates you wouldn't have any game companies at all.  In regards to the video: the guy bought a Collector's Edition.  You aren't getting Marvel action figures, or a Watchmen graphic novel, you are getting crappy toys and art to commemorate a release.  Again, the consumer has to partake in the equation to a degree, I looked at lootbag and and "bonuses" and didn't think it was worth the money.  I also bought a white-chocolate bar once, and immediately regretted it.  The refund policies are on a case basis, but if you didn't get the coolest stuff from a company that has never made anything before you have to know what you are getting.

Sorry, but I berated noone; I simply spoke from the point of view of a customer who lives in the world of personal resposibility and realistic expectations.  The things you mentioned not only occured 2.5+ years ago, but are the lowest form of petty gripes that litter the entire world of software.  Starvault has done nothing that no other companies (big and small) that I have been involved with haven't done over the years.  It's funny how you take pride in being a consumer, considering every living thing in the universe consumes things.  Being a consumer doesn't mean anything, you mind as well said you are alive and breathing: it doesn't make you any more entitled to anything.  You purchased a product from a company that you know has never made a game before (or anything for that matter) with no history to show that you will be satisfied with the product.  You were dissappointed that you didn't get a AAA game or AAA support, havn't since taken the standard steps to attempt to rectify the issues in your purchase, and are still complaining about it 2.5+ years later.  And then you go on to say the company is a bunch of thieves and fraudulent.  Its absurd.

And as to that FTC rules: that are rules they have to apply to everything to have some legal backing for people who are actually swindled by a fraudulent company.  Starvault would not be anywhere close to qualifying for this, but there will always be an entitled customer somewhere waving that thing around so they can cast aside all responsibilty for their purchases.

I was reading through the thread, perfectly content with ignoring your feeble attempts at making SV look good, when you posted this one. At this point you transitioned from mis-informed / disillusioned player to full blown paid poster for SV. There really isnt any other excuse for your blatant glossing over of facts.

Stop using the WoW subscription as your out, it only makes you look like an idiot. It plainly states while creating your WoW account that a SUBSCRIPTION PLAN is required to play. Period. Star Vault had no such disclaimer at release when creating your account.

As far as tindrem or any of that is concerned (AI anyone?), nobody was putting undue expectations on them. How long can they go around promising the sun, the moon and the stars without delivering though? You seem to have very low expectations but perhaps the rest of us expect 4 tires on the car when we buy it, is that now asking too much? Just because they are an indie company does not give them a get out jail free card either. You either deliver or you dont. Everything else is smoke and mirrors. I am pretty sure we all knew going into that they were a small dev team of limited resources and some of us have played since alpha / beta or very early on. I think it's safe to say none of us expected AAA service, but that doesnt mean we should settle for D either.

I will take your qualified legal opinion as to whether or not SV has done anything wrong with a grain of salt, since you so eloquently stated earlier that "Everyone on the internet is a rocket scientist." Apparently were all now lawyers as well.

All that being said, you are really a douchebag for pushing this viewpoint that its "ok" with companies to give us heaping piles of broken code, label it a "Sandbox MMO" and cram it down your fucking throat as something playable and enjoyable, when it is ANYTHING but. Go piss up a rope because all you are doing is hurting the industry and making them continue to roll out half assed game after half assed game.

• GenadiGenadi Member UncommonPosts: 110

Originally posted by Anubisan

This site used to be about promoting MMOs, yes. These days it is full of nothing but hate if you ask me...

Many of the haters haven't even played the game for years, and yet they continue to do nothing but complain about it on this forum. I honestly have to wonder if some of these people have nothing better to do with their time.

Don't be stupid, what you say is completely false. The site used to be alot worse, FACT. Since increased moderation things have picked up considerably. Good games have positive posts, bad games have negatives posts like MO does. Very simple, don't try and construe it to fit the tired MO fanboi narrative. The "MMORPG guys are just trollz and badz peoplez" really makes the MO community look worse than it already does. As far as "the haters haven't played in years", speculating on something you know nothing about makes you look even dumber. The blind fanbois are the ones who don't play, see below...

Originally posted by Gwahlur

My goal is to one day play the game they're trying to make. No, I don't play now, no i have nothing to do with SV, and no, I've never played except during open beta and once more on a trial account.

You should really stop commenting then because you have no clue what you're talking about. I still play and corrupt GM's are still very much present, as are dupers, exploiters and caught cheats allowed to play again because their close with GM's. All posted on MO forums, all deleted and never addressed.

The worst devs I've ever seen by far and I've played Sony mmo's for years.

• LadyEupheiLadyEuphei Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Roar.....

The part about KoTO was addressing the OP, where the site in question "Desura" was littered with 1-star reviews by KoTO members who were recently sieged out of the game.  You can question my taste in games all you want, but you know what they say about ASSuming anything about what other people want in games.  Almost every single new player I see hopping to try the FTP absolutely loves the game; I've helped one group of 10 or so players start their own guild, and given many others help from the start.   I have first-hand experience that people who are actually trying the game for the first time very much enjoy the product they are jumping into.  The 10's of thousands like you say almost all tried the game at release : the game was barely even playable at release, it was atrocious.  To say any of those people know what the game is like now would be the understatement of the century.

In regards to the comment that SV developers are just "milking money" from people in an elaborate scam so they can eat cheetos and play CoD with the rent covered is ridiculous.  They are an amateur company of game enthusiasts who are building a great game.  The process has been clumsy and unprofessional at times and this has been too much for many people to stick around with, but they have severely improved the product since release and have shown great promise that the game will be a solid, marketable product in the coming months.  Thinking that this company doesn't want their game to succeed is absurd.  I have played since beta as well: the game is 10x better, the support is 10x better, GM tools, the installer launcher, the website, pretty much every aspect of the game and company has improved minus a bunch of incompetant programmers and "launch hype" population.  Its a good game whether you like it or not, and there is nothing wrong with the devs asking their community to make honest reviews of the game.

Bolded the part that proves you're full of shit and are just making things up to fit the MO fanboi narrative. It's stupidly ironic because the very next sentence you call someone on 'assuming' things. You kinda owned yourself within 2 sentences of starting.

Heretix you're one of the GM's I listed in my post when I provided proof of GM corruption. Yep I know all about the GM scouting and friends being let off bans for duping. Your ex GM's gave us all the info we needed, which was also sent to Steam and probably one of the reasons they'll be 'investigating GM's practices' if MO is ever greenlit.... Valves words not mine.

• umcorianumcorian Member UncommonPosts: 519

Unless he edited his post, nowhere does he say to specifically uprate/downrate the game. He's just calling for people who actually vote, whether they vote one way or another.

Granted, I don't think a developer should ever encourage players of their game to vote/review for it as a matter of professionalism. It would be kinda like an author asking her friends or diehard fans to post reviews of her book on Amazon. It's not likely they'll be bad reviews, after all. 

Originally posted by umcorian

Granted, I don't think a developer should ever encourage players of their game to vote/review for it as a matter of professionalism. It would be kinda like an author asking her friends or diehard fans to post reviews of her book on Amazon. It's not likely they'll be bad reviews, after all. 

You should jump in their IRC sometime, you'll see how often this happens.

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

This thread was dead for 4 weeks and someone had to dig it up.

good job.

So much crap, so little quality.

• DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246

Man all this to hate on one game that's been out for years? 

Reality check.

• EnergyoEnergyo Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Originally posted by Drolkin

Man all this to hate on one game that's been out for years? 

Reality check.

Give the names a check. It's usually the same dudes over and over lol. 

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616
    Originally posted by Anubisan
    Originally posted by Gwahlur
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

It's a bad company through and through. No talent and horrid leadership. 

You take all the ameturish moves and behavoir on top of all the shady moves and behavoir and you get what you have today, A game that had a lot of promise in its conceptual stage but simply didn't have a group behind it that could deliver. 

They would not have lied, cheated, and stole from their players.

I thought this site was about promoting mmorpgs, but this kind of slander and sabotage of mmorpgs and the people making them is okey somehow?

This site used to be about promoting MMOs, yes. These days it is full of nothing but hate if you ask me...

Many of the haters haven't even played the game for years, and yet they continue to do nothing but complain about it on this forum. I honestly have to wonder if some of these people have nothing better to do with their time.

Since when has this site been about promoting MMO's? The advertising/articles,(ha!), on here does that fine.  The boards are for discussions about MMOs, some of that will be negative, some of it positive. All arguments are that way.

MO is just a very bad game, it always has been, and the amount of crap they've pulled over the years means really you'd need your head checking to give them the, 'benefit of the doubt'.

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by Hodo

This thread was dead for 4 weeks and someone had to dig it up.

good job.

I hope someone keep digging these (and threads about WWIIOL) up lol

The "eternal flaming" of these 2 bad games has been the highlight of this forum and makes fun read during downtime :P