Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Alpha Video (Levequest & Party Combat)

2»

Comments

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    I prefer combat either turn based and very strategic or full action based, this is in between alas, like a lot of mmos, but I can put up with that is the rest of the game, enviroments, music, class progression, crafting etc is good, and so far it is.
  • Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    If you want action combat go play Tera . The reason why this is not action combat is because people did not want it in FFXIV. It was there at first pre patch 1.20 . But again people did not like it. I was one of the people who did like it. But how combat is , is final fantasy. More on position and tactics then run around in circles button mashing .

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

• MethiosMethios Member Posts: 157
    Originally posted by DarknessReign
    If you want action combat go play Tera . The reason why this is not action combat is because people did not want it in FFXIV. It was there at first pre patch 1.20 . But again people did not like it. I was one of the people who did like it. But how combat is , is final fantasy. More on position and tactics then run around in circles button mashing .

Did you not understand what he said?

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    Originally posted by Faelar86

Did you not understand what he said?

lol and wich one are you talking about? Because what DarknessReign is a valid argument.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

I understand that tactics rather than action is more of a FF tradition, but they have made it more actiony in ARR compared to 1.0 and might as well go all the way, its where a lot of mmos are going, and plenty of people i have talked too would like GW2 manual dodge or something like that.

I feel the current tactical lvl isnt very strong, compared to current strategy games I play for e.g. So if ARR isnt going to appeal enough to tactics or action fans then the combat won't be a major selling point for it, therefore the other elements will have to be promoted well, and serve as the motive for slogging through the combat.

My point is that these vids need to focus on things like housing, choco raising, armory progression, etc, and not on combat footage, its not going to win many people over.

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    Originally posted by zevni78

I understand that tactics rather than action is more of a FF tradition, but they have made it more actiony in ARR compared to 1.0 and might as well go all the way, its where a lot of mmos are going, and plenty of people i have talked too would like GW2 manual dodge or something like that.

I feel the current tactical lvl isnt very strong, compared to current strategy games I play for e.g. So if ARR isnt going to appeal enough to tactics or action fans then the combat won't be a major selling point for it, therefore the other elements will have to be promoted well, and serve as the motive for slogging through the combat.

My point is that these vids need to focus on things like housing, choco raising, armory progression, etc, and not on combat footage, its not going to win many people over.

When they show the video of your raised Chocobo fighting at your side. That will be huge . Housing is ok not a selling point for me. When i think of FF  i think best story lines , fun charactors , great visuals , and epic music .  If people want games to be like GW2 or Tera then why not just play GW2 and Tera? Because FF is not, its better in my and a lot of others opinions and that is why we love it. FF is really for the player who wants to feel or embrase the adventure not try to run to EG and try to beat a game that is unbeatable ( never ending ) its about the journey and the friendships you make along the way.

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by zevni78

When they show the video of your raised Chocobo fighting at your side. That will be huge . Housing is ok not a selling point for me. When i think of FF  i think best story lines , fun charactors , great visuals , and epic music .  If people want games to be like GW2 or Tera then why not just play GW2 and Tera? Because FF is not, its better in my and a lot of others opinions and that is why we love it. FF is really for the player who wants to feel or embrase the adventure not try to run to EG and try to beat a game that is unbeatable ( never ending ) its about the journey and the friendships you make along the way.