Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge 24/7 & P2P

Informer80Informer80 Member Posts: 91

Amazing news from Germany!

This is the boxed version of ArcheAge including 10 days gametime!

Comments

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

So much can happen during the next two years, before this game eventually hits EU/NA.

• BeowulfsamBeowulfsam Member UncommonPosts: 145

I wll never ever understand why do the companies have such troubles translating stuff, especially if they work on a game and they know they'll publish it in the other markets. I'd understand max 3 months, but more... if they published sooner = more revenue (unless the game was so buggy noone would play) which easily pays off for translating. If they wait for idk 1-2 years for US/EU/others = lotsa money lost. And then they cry games make no money and stuff..yeh, no wonder.

If I designed a mobile phone, I wonder how good it would sell 2 years after I started poduction and held off the sales for tranlating (ok not so good comparison, but still :P ).

• ArtaiosArtaios Member UncommonPosts: 550

really strange pricing.
    2.5 € for the game.
    whats the monthly costs then?

• DayneOrlyDayneOrly Member UncommonPosts: 5

Asia has a bit diff of a payment model then we do, i played Aion in China and P2P meant you buy time to play.  Basically you buy 5 hours of game time then you get to be logged on for 5 hours (Note: it did end up around the same cost as a sub generally).

I wouldn't be supprised if this was similar.

I also wouldn't expect to see this P2P model in US/EU though.

• EmanioAmorEmanioAmor Member Posts: 7
    "  
    • 90 days of game time – 47,500 Korean Won (USD 44.64)
    • 30 days of game time – 19,800 Korean Won (USD 18.60)
    • 30 hours of game time – 9,900 Korean Won (USD 9.30)
    • 3 hours of game time – 3,000 Korea Won (USD 2.82) "

The pricing is kinda insane, Just a question but  is their any company out right now that can justify a subscription like that? With regular updates and I dont mean Bug fixes but actual content new characters/regions, multiple ways of interaction I.E. Phone apps. But for almost $20 a month i'd expect different events every month or atleast every 3 on top of that the home base being in korea,could we expect to get equal treatment to justify equal payment?
  • OtashiOtashi Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Originally posted by EmanioAmor
    "  

The pricing is kinda insane, Just a question but  is their any company out right now that can justify a subscription like that? With regular updates and I dont mean Bug fixes but actual content new characters/regions, multiple ways of interaction I.E. Phone apps. But for almost $20 a month i'd expect different events every month or atleast every 3 on top of that the home base being in korea,could we expect to get equal treatment to justify equal payment?

I'm not sure I understand it all because I am not a native english speaker but doesn't it say "game time" as in it only counts when you are logged in ? Then 20 bucks for 30 days of actual gameplay can be even more cheaper than the actual sub for other MMOs... did I read wrong ?

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Originally posted by Otashi
    "  

I'm not sure I understand it all because I am not a native english speaker but doesn't it say "game time" as in it only counts when you are logged in ? Then 20 bucks for 30 days of actual gameplay can be even more cheaper than the actual sub for other MMOs... did I read wrong ?

I think these prices make perfect sense.  This is how most MMO should charge for subscription IMO.

I would probably take the 30 days for the first month as I would likely be playing constantly at that point.  After that I would switch to the 30 hours.   That way I would be paying only for time played.    No complaints about paying for time not played, or with feeling the pressure to play because I pay a monthly sub.

Kudos!

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Originally posted by Beowulfsam

I wll never ever understand why do the companies have such troubles translating stuff, especially if they work on a game and they know they'll publish it in the other markets. I'd understand max 3 months, but more... if they published sooner = more revenue (unless the game was so buggy noone would play) which easily pays off for translating. If they wait for idk 1-2 years for US/EU/others = lotsa money lost. And then they cry games make no money and stuff..yeh, no wonder.

If I designed a mobile phone, I wonder how good it would sell 2 years after I started poduction and held off the sales for tranlating (ok not so good comparison, but still :P ).

Basically they don't have the funding to publish it right away or they use a 2nd party to publish it.  Then, a series of Q/A and localization changes take place.  THEN the game goes into closed beta and the producers wait to see how well the feedback and sub numbers are.  THEN a licensing agreement takes place which will define how much money is being split between the various parties and what territories they are authorized to cover.

If they aren't working with a 2nd party to publish then most likely they just don't have the resources at the moment to publish everything themselves in every territory.  The CEO answers to a board of directors that allocate a certain amount of money for the company to use.

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Originally posted by Otashi
    "  

I think you are right.. These prices and time reflect actual in game /played time and not a flat real world time. Seems like a crazy good deal to me.

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

The 'hours' are in game time. Hours do not expire.

The 'days' pricing is tradtitional 30/90 day periods. Expires at the end of the period.

Or so says a Korean streamer that also speaks English 'Ellord05' on Twitch.