Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Patching Failed: peConnectionTimedOut"

When I try to log in I get that message. Is this normal or did something go wrong in my installation?

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
Subscription = Actual content updates!

Comments

  • youngkgyoungkg Member UncommonPosts: 357
    Originally posted by VassagoMael
    When I try to log in I get that message. Is this normal or did something go wrong in my installation?

    Normal...just keep it up and go about your buisness.

  • JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Yeah don't close it or anything, just leave it up and it will auto-retry until it connects and starts downloading. I left mine up last night and woke up to it like 75% done and then it finished before noon. It takes a long time, but I assume as more people get it downloaded it will speed up for the others :)
  • scotty899scotty899 Member Posts: 166

    oops i should do that. been re logging all day hopping it would connect. thanks :)

     

    now the website is down :/ 

  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,282
    Originally posted by scotty899

    oops i should do that. been re logging all day hopping it would connect. thanks :)

     

    now the website is down :/ 

    use the official torrent to get the data files

  • HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Originally posted by PWN_FACE

    I used the torrent and got all the files. When I logged in to patch, I got:

     

    Patching Failed: peConnectionClosed

     

    How is that different from "timed out"?

    Same for me. Not sure what else I'm supposed to do with the torrent files. Anybody have any idea?

  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,599
    Having the same issue here. Downloaded torrent files.
  • amikobamikob Member UncommonPosts: 29
    1. http://openvpn.net/
    2. Click "VPN Services" button
    3. Click appropriate version to DL in top center (Windows, Apple, Android)
    4. Install
    5. Run
    6. Login through United Kingdom (London)
    7. Launch DFUW 1.9.0.2
    8. Login
    9. Enjoy the patching

    I followed these steps and I can confirm that it worked for me. however for the DATA files please use torrent. for the little patch use the above method i mentioned. (taken from DF official forums)
  • dirtysidedirtyside Member UncommonPosts: 87
    doesnt work , did it and still says the same thing
  • WhiskeydustWhiskeydust Member UncommonPosts: 79

    Same here, left it running all night... Fooled again ! 

    There account creation and credit card feature worked 

    flawless ... No problems taking my money  

     

    Edit.... Oh wait before fan boys chime in.....

    was I soposed to jump through hoops???

    edit this ,download some from here,  and some from there

    nowhere did it say this when paying

    Still not working!!! 

  • ubermutubermut Member UncommonPosts: 270

    worked for me too, thanks!

    edit: meant to quote the VPN suggestion,  but ya that worked for me. 

  • amikobamikob Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Originally posted by ubermut

    worked for me too, thanks!

    edit: meant to quote the VPN suggestion,  but ya that worked for me. 

    NP man.

     

    Now im LOAD & READY !!!!  :)

  • kemikaLkemikaL Member Posts: 13

    Tried the VPN thing for the patch(already got data files via torrent).  Didnt work got a peProtocolError .. Error. ;o

    Im not to concerned because teh servers arent up yet or anything, as far as I know?  

  • kemikaLkemikaL Member Posts: 13
    Spoke to soon.  it just kicked in.  Thanks ;)
  • shadowmonkeshadowmonke Member Posts: 48

    worked...

     

    though I wish I didn't have to keep downloading stuff to get this DFUW to patch

    do you think i'll have to use vpn to run the game?

  • amikobamikob Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Originally posted by shadowmonke

    worked...

     

    though I wish I didn't have to keep downloading stuff to get this DFUW to patch

    do you think i'll have to use vpn to run the game?

    I dont think you need the vpn to run the game... its a temporery solutuon ..

  • Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550
    Does that VPN thing work for playing locked out Korean or Chinese games?
  • shadowmonkeshadowmonke Member Posts: 48
    Originally posted by Abuz0r
    Does that VPN thing work for playing locked out Korean or Chinese games?

    there's actually a limit on how much data you can use, mine j ust told me i ran out and I only downloaded the small patch and kept darkfall patcher open

  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by amikob
    1. http://openvpn.net/
    2. Click "VPN Services" button
    3. Click appropriate version to DL in top center (Windows, Apple, Android)
    4. Install
    5. Run
    6. Login through United Kingdom (London)
    7. Launch DFUW 1.9.0.2
    8. Login
    9. Enjoy the patching

    I followed these steps and I can confirm that it worked for me. however for the DATA files please use torrent. for the little patch use the above method i mentioned. (taken from DF official forums)

    Thanks! That worked perfectly :)

    "You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

    "Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

  • KarnijKarnij Member Posts: 6
    It worked great, thank you for the information.

    :P

  • NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

    first the launcher wouldnt work on win8 and  some win7 installations, now we have to download an additional program just to patch it 1 more time after going thru the torrent DL.  

    Damn, almost unreal!!

  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    a few minutes ago it was working for US without a vpn.  so i dont think it will be a problem.
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,597

    Still at:

     

    Patching Failed: peConnectionTimedOut
    Patching Failed: peConnectionClosed

    "My Fantasy is having two men at once...

    One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

    ---------------------------

    "A good man can make you feel sexy,

    strong and able to take on the whole world...

    oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."





  • TumoraTumora Member UncommonPosts: 21

    Validating files, but at least its a step further than what I received without the Tunnel...

     

     

    So I figure, its working image

Sign In or Register to comment.