Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seeking FTP Clarification

ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

Is  essentially all the game's major content...classes and areas now open...except at level 80 you are going to have to pay/subscribe to open some areas ?

I have been away from AOC for some time so don't know how to ask about specific area content being open..or not.

Yes I know about the new higher gold level and all class being open.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    In essentially, yes. If you don't count the limited inventory, you basically have the whole original game content for free now (so no Khitai and Turan, and no AA points).
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

So...when you say NO khatai..no Turan.You are saying that there are certain geographical areas of the game that are not open to the FTP player ? Might these be  areas only for 80's ?

(sorry for belaboring this but I dont know game terminology for areas etc)

• Destiny2010Destiny2010 Member UncommonPosts: 327

If one has bought the Turan booster pack, its always open, but if one never payed for it, its closed.

Khitai is split, since AAs are availible as F2P, but not "over time" function. 80 Areas are closed in Khitai for F2P. Lvl 20-40 area is F2P. (Gateway)

The new deal opens up the entire game pre expansions, but still limited on raids I think. Two T1 bosses for F2P players only if thats not changed also.

Just as Destiny said, if you haven't buy Godslayer or Turan, you don't get them with the f2p option since they're not part of the base game.

The Gateway to Khitai info was new to me as well, since I rarely go there... not much of a Khitai fan myself :) if it's in the f2p option, that means you have all 4 starting areas to choose from. But for your geographic question, yes if you don't have Godslayer on your account, you cannot go beyond the Great Wall. (Gateway to Khitai is the starter area for khitans after they leaving Tortage, it's located before the Wall.)

• Maxima1979Maxima1979 Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by Po_gg

Just as Destiny said, if you haven't buy Godslayer or Turan, you don't get them with the f2p option since they're not part of the base game.

The Gateway to Khitai info was new to me as well, since I rarely go there... not much of a Khitai fan myself :) if it's in the f2p option, that means you have all 4 starting areas to choose from. But for your geographic question, yes if you don't have Godslayer on your account, you cannot go beyond the Great Wall. (Gateway to Khitai is the starter area for khitans after they leaving Tortage, it's located before the Wall.)

So if I purchased Godslayer but am F2P I sill can not go to Khitai?  So what is there to do for a level 80 f2P?

Honestly, I don't know since on my f2p account I don't have RotG, nor have a lvl80 f2p character... Actually with the previous f2p model I was pretty sure noone could stick to f2p until 80 with only 2 gold and heavily reduced bags :)

But with this new model, lvl1-80 seems much more viable (with some inventory management, of course). Maybe those who make it to 80 will give you info about f2p vs. Godslayer expansion.

• Destiny2010Destiny2010 Member UncommonPosts: 327

F2P lvl 80 is like this.

You can now do all instances pre expansion and get T0 and full T1 armor (raid). You can participate in guild city buildings and crafting and such. If you have bought the Khitai expansion before, you can still earn AA points, but not over time. All pvp lvls are also free.

Either enjoy this, or sub to enjoy the rest of the game for expansion and coming content. IMO, Funcom gives away alot for 0 payment really. At this point one needs to pay some to enjoy the rest.