Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official Wintersday Event Teaser Video

fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Official Wintersday Event Teaser Video

Well, it looks very interesting and suitably festive! I can't wait! :)

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

Comments

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Looks like there's a new Jumping Puzzle for people to rage over. Jump Wars 2 here we come. image

Wonder if that giant Golemship will crash into the LA Trading Post. Since it's an Event, something has to be destroyed in LA.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Looks AWESOME!!!

They just released Lots of new info about the Event: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/december-2012/

imageimageimage

image    WINTERSDAY in GW2   image

Looks like A LOT to do^^

Can´t wait!!

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    just got back from my trip and saw the update very impressive.. looks like it will be another content filled holiday event.. also really looking forward to what's in store for the january and feb updates.. ANET is outpacing even Rift with their updates impressive indeed:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    just got back from my trip and saw the update very impressive.. looks like it will be another content filled holiday event.. also really looking forward to what's in store for the january and feb updates.. ANET is outpacing even Rift with their updates impressive indeed:)

Impressive indeed!!!  Well, as long as it's not a disaster like Lost Shores..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh

i know some people had issues with lost shores but aside from bad lag in some parts I had a blast.. the 2+ hour last fight was a ton of fun.. not to mention the new dungeon.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh

i know some people had issues with lost shores but aside from bad lag in some parts I had a blast.. the 2+ hour last fight was a ton of fun.. not to mention the new dungeon.

I'm happy for you.. I really am. But it was far more than a few people having event stopping problems. And lag was the smallest of problems.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• rastapastorrastapastor Member UncommonPosts: 188
    ArenaNet makes the most climatic holidays events ever in the game industry. There is no MMO that can match them period.
  • ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by rastapastor
    ArenaNet makes the most climatic holidays events ever in the game industry. There is no MMO that can match them period.

I agree!

I´m really impressed with their "HOLIDAY TEAM" encharge of creating all this events!

Amazing work so far!

They are the ultimate "Toy Machine"! Like the one in the event^^

• GreyhooffGreyhooff Member Posts: 654

I really have no idea how they can make such major stuff for the events so quickly.

They must have them pre-prepared or something, there's no way you can bang that out in a month after doing the halloween and karka events.

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836
    Originally posted by Greyhooff

I really have no idea how they can make such major stuff for the events so quickly.

They must have them pre-prepared or something, there's no way you can bang that out in a month after doing the halloween and karka events.

They probably had all the scripting and content for these things mapped out; at least the Holiday Events. It was just the job of implementing them, and we've seen before that the tools they've developed clearly allow efficient manipulation of parts of their environments/cities (i.e. beta weekend events). ArenaNet also takes their holidays seriously; always has. That's part of how they've built such a community based fan following. 

Also, this would explain the lack of content updates for the likes of WvW and SPvP. They maybe have less people working in the teams responsible for that probably so they can push out more festive stuff for the holiday season. They're shifting gears at the new year though, where they're going to be releasing huge updates to PvP in January or February.

ArenaNet has the talent to do it. NCSoft apparently is willing to go bankrupt or destroy all their other games to let them do this, lol We've seen Rift develop at a similar pace and people thought that game was failing financially. It's not unreasonable to believe that they actually are developing content this fast. They're at approximately 250 developers and growing, and are the same company responsible for getting more content out faster than World of Warcraft with a team only a fraction of that size. Idk, this all seems very believable to me :O But I'm a fanboy. 

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by Greyhooff

They said they have a very efficient system to create content. They can event add events on the fly if they want, without patching.

Something I like in that video is that there's snow in various areas. That's something I was missing from AC1, places really changing during winter.

I'm looking forward to that event with impatience, if it's as fun as Halloween it's gonna be a blast again.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

@ 0:36 in the trailer:

"Tixx is traversing Tyria, making stops along the way, and bringing an arsenol of gay-ity with him to delight and entertain."

Sounds fun. 2 more days eh.  Hopefully it's more engrossing than the Halloween event (and easier on cash shop stuff).

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682
    Originally posted by Karteli

@ 0:36 in the trailer:

"Tixx is traversing Tyria, making stops along the way, and bringing an arsenol of gay-ity with him to delight and entertain."

Sounds fun. 2 more days eh.  Hopefully it's more engrossing than the Halloween event (and easier on cash shop stuff).

It's not Gay-ity:

gai·ety

noun 

plural gai·eties

Definition of GAIETY

1: merrymaking; also : festive activity —often used in plural
    2: high spirits : merriment

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated