Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do we remember the old games being the best games?

2»

Comments

• MawneeMawnee Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Originally posted by echolynfan
    Originally posted by wormed

Because old games were actually good. Game designers strived to make a good, challenging game; something that they enjoyed just as much as we would. Nowadays it's all about the almight dollar. Push out as much pretty aesthetics with crap gameplay, get initial sales, then hold people hostage with DLC.

I hate the state of games today. Gone are the days when games are made for people to use their brains and LEARN. It's all silver spoon fed, fisher price, garbage. :( I'm clearly jaded!

This ^

This^ x10

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

The old games were smaller, less featured, and had fewer visual enhancements as part of development.

This forced the developer to focus on gameplay, so of course the gameplay was better (for people who prefer gameplay over graphics).

In modern games, it seems that gameplay is just an after-thought tacked on to high resolution high poly graphics, visual effects, voice acting, cut-scenes, and storyline interaction.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.