Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, where is the War in Warcraft gone?

TooL-D-TooL-D- Member CommonPosts: 126

In a game thats suppost to be about WAR. All you do is Quest, Quest, and Quest some more. Craft till your fingers fall off. Merchant your way to rich's, and kill people without a cause... Where is the WAR gone with this game?

Warcraft was a good line of games untill this came out...

They should of done a Diablo mmo instead, it would of been better (well if they allowed the evil side...).

Comments

• jackman11118jackman11118 Member Posts: 399
    I agree, WoW may have generated millions of dollars, but im going to be reluctant to buy warcraft 4: Gankers Offensive.

• ZrazikZrazik Member Posts: 195

I believe you should read the 'Coming Soon' page sometimes.

>>> CLICK HERE!!!11 <<<

Great, too bad when that stuff comes out, the servers will probably explode. plus it probably isnt coming out till much later. PLUS the pvp is stupid, its not fun at all to pvp.

Originally posted by jackman11118
    its not fun at all to pvp.

a game for you

Originally posted by Zrazik

its not fun at all to pvp.

a game for you

no no no, i love pvp, thats why i chose MxO. its just not fun to PvP in wow, because the combat is so... boring and its just dumb because priests,paladins,and shamans. the animations for any physical damage is boring. The only good thing is the spell animations, those look pretty cool.

I don't think the animations have any importance in PvP... But if fancy animations is what PvP means to you, then go for it.

• MythosaeonMythosaeon Member UncommonPosts: 68

MxO PvP?  A bad mix of turn-based, choreographed rock-paper-sissors melee and free fire gun combat.  image

Pass image

-Myth-

• paradymeparadyme Member Posts: 238

Originally posted by Zrazik Originally posted by jackman11118its not fun at all to pvp.a game for youno no no, i love pvp, thats why i chose MxO. its just not fun to PvP in wow, because the combat is so... boring and its just dumb because priests,paladins,and shamans. the animations for any physical damage is boring. The only good thing is the spell animations, those look pretty cool.

Bahahaha ahahahaha hahahaha..........Oh wait did I right that right......Yes I did.....BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ::::31::

• ajaxxajaxx Member Posts: 476

I've only heard good things about the matrix online::::18::

Originally posted by TooL-D-

In a game thats suppost to be about WAR. All you do is Quest, Quest, and Quest some more. Craft till your fingers fall off. Merchant your way to rich's, and kill people without a cause... Where is the WAR gone with this game?
    They should of done a Diablo mmo instead, it would of been better (well if they allowed the evil side...).

sorry for hijacking, anyways...

the war in world of WARcraft is gone, and wont arrive untill summer is what i heard. thats pretty gay to me becuase they promised that battlegrounds and the such was going to be implemented at launch.

but then again, blizzard is stupid.

• JorevJorev Member Posts: 1,500

Please stop feeding the trolls.

Here are some clues:

1. handle

2. date of registration

3. context of posts

"We feel gold selling and websites that promote it damage games like Vanguard and will do everything possible to combat it."
    Brad McQuaid
    Chairman & CEO, Sigil Games Online, Inc.
    Executive Producer, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
    www.vanguardsoh

• tu_uilwentu_uilwen Member Posts: 794
    Wait tillthe honor system comes out.....more honor = more items to look foward too......so soon we will have a cause to killing the opposite faction.

---------------------------------------------
    WoW
    -Rhalon 85 B.E. rogue
    -Rhalon 81 UD Mage
    -Doneski 85 Orc death knight

"Everyones life has a beginning and an end, No one can change that."-Hiko
    "If you wish to taste the ground, then feel free to attack."-Kenshin Himura
    ---------------------------------------------

• TooL-D-TooL-D- Member CommonPosts: 126

Originally posted by Zrazik
    I believe you should read the 'Coming Soon' page sometimes.>>> CLICK HERE!!!11 <<<

hahahhaha...

Joke? Right? Yea.. on the WoW players.. I feel sorry for everyone that plays WoW, really.. I do..

Why cant they come up with anything original? War based? Blood of enemys? Ears of players? Realm Ranks? Mines? ... been there done that..

Allow one side to destroy the other side, town by town, zone by zone... no restrictions. Now THATS war. Hell, if someone on YOUR side screwed up, kill them. Raze there merchants. Destroy there town. Make your own side, build your own town, and destroy both horde and the alliance. Ahh... burn

Originally posted by Jorev
    Here are some clues:
    1. handle
    2. date of registration
    3. context of posts

rofl

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

Originally posted by TooL-D-

sorry for hijacking, anyways...

the war in world of WARcraft is gone, and wont arrive untill summer is what i heard. thats pretty gay to me becuase they promised that battlegrounds and the such was going to be implemented at launch.

but then again, blizzard is stupid.

please go back to your MxO forum if you do not have anything constructive to say and just come here, on the WoW forums, mind you,  to bash wow... jeez.

1) they NEVER promised battlefields at launch,

2) first you say pvp is bad, then when pointed out, say combat is bad and boring. well, surprise. combat is NOT boring. it is top notch. best of the genre. loads of skills, loads of tactical possibilities and outcomes. not at all cookie cutter or "simple. I'm a druid. i know.

3) Learn some manners and return back when you have them. Insulting and name calling don't make you look cool, just childish.

4) if the company that managed to break the Everquest Throne after 7 years is "stupid", then there is not a single intelligent company on the whole planet.

To the OP. oh my god. this is almost as silly as people saying "hey where is the WARS in Star WARS Galaxies". Come on, we are more intelligent than that to understand they took the name of the RTS games, where war was quite abundant, and used it for a MMorpg, where was is not so abundant, even by lore, or it would really be quite boring if everything you do is fight fight fight fight.

You prefer they would have called it "World of Azeroth"? Anyhow, i do not see a lack of actions on PvP servers, so i am not even sure what exactly you are complaining about.... Battlefields are even coming, making it more of a focused battle experience in there.

Have a nice day.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by Jorev
    Here are some clues:
    1. handle
    2. date of registration
    3. context of posts

Jorev

Those are not clues whatsoever. Some people with the most "normal handles", senioririty (sp), and number of stars behind their belts are often the worse Trolls of them all.

They gain a false confidence that just because they've been here longer they have to right to troll and flame the newer people. Over 90% of our perma banned members are those with the typical resgistration dates of two years ago, 500 posts or higher with normal handle names.

Those clues you mention, on these forums, are completley invalid. To be honest, if everyone went with that theory then everyone would be treating the new guy and his first blunder or mistake on these forums like he had leprosy.

It's the members with the higher post count, more than 2 stars, and sometime here that are the worse trolls...and we don't get them any more "favors" as the newer members

::::::::back to topic::::::::::::

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• JorevJorev Member Posts: 1,500
    Well "Saigonshakes" may not fit all those clues , as you pointed out, but the context of his posts do exemplify trolling.

"We feel gold selling and websites that promote it damage games like Vanguard and will do everything possible to combat it."
    Brad McQuaid
    Chairman & CEO, Sigil Games Online, Inc.
    Executive Producer, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
    www.vanguardsoh

• SaigonshakesSaigonshakes Member Posts: 937

The crusade continues eh Jorev? I have said many times I enjoy WoW. I thought it was a well done game. so what in my posts is trolling? I have helped anyone who asked me for help. I havent once bashed WoW. So again, how am I trollling? You on the other hand have contiunally bashed Eq2. Wouldn't that make you a troll by your own definition? Think about it before you come back with a knee jerk reaction.

I'm not sure what I ever said that rubbed you the wrong way. Is it beacuse I enjoy Eq2? It can't be beacuse I bash WoW, your game of choice, because I haven't and never will.

By the way, look no further than how many posts you've had deleted compared to my number. I have had one post deleted and it was political. I have never had a post deleted having to do with a game, bashing or suporting.

please go back to your MxO forum if you do not have anything constructive to say and just come here, on the WoW forums, mind you,  to bash wow... jeez.

1) they NEVER promised battlefields at launch,

2) first you say pvp is bad, then when pointed out, say combat is bad and boring. well, surprise. combat is NOT boring. it is top notch. best of the genre. loads of skills, loads of tactical possibilities and outcomes. not at all cookie cutter or "simple. I'm a druid. i know.

3) Learn some manners and return back when you have them. Insulting and name calling don't make you look cool, just childish.

4) if the company that managed to break the Everquest Throne after 7 years is "stupid", then there is not a single intelligent company on the whole planet.

sorry, but combat is boring. there is not one time i was excited by pvping anyone and i was on a pvp server and i did get to level 46 as a hunter. all i would do is wing clip, run, shoot. wing clip, run shoot. scatter shot while healing, wing clip, run, shoot. thats strategy? sorry, but if they only make certian classes that have to have good strats during pvp, thats a very bad way of making pvp. by the way, i did kill a lot of people with that strategy. and to get me started about how it wouldnt work for every class i was playing, becuase the classes that didnt work against hunters lose against. 95% of the time.

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

doesn't seems boring to me, especially as your "shoot" include a good quantity of possibilities (with how many stings? concussion shot, the arcane shot and what else?) What your pet was doing in those moments? nothing? and where your traps were? not using them?

Your choice but you had a lot of them. Traps, pets, stings, different shots AND melee actions (what? you wee using just wing clip and never raptor strikes once?). You also get a tool to see lot of things like beasts, humans, elementals, dragons.... you can take control of your own pet and see afar. oh. you also can scare beasts.

Maybe you are new to these games or something but i can tell you that is a lot more compelling than others products.

I just know as a druid i am continuosly using things. be it as a healer or bear or cat form, i am pushing buttons practically all the time. Not at all a Boring "press auto attack and go /afk"

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

Originally posted by Volkmar

doesn't seems boring to me, especially as your "shoot" include a good quantity of possibilities (with how many stings? concussion shot, the arcane shot and what else?) What your pet was doing in those moments? nothing? and where your traps were? not using them?
    Your choice but you had a lot of them. Traps, pets, stings, different shots AND melee actions (what? you wee using just wing clip and never raptor strikes once?). You also get a tool to see lot of things like beasts, humans, elementals, dragons.... you can take control of your own pet and see afar. oh. you also can scare beasts.
    Maybe you are new to these games or something but i can tell you that is a lot more compelling than others products.
    I just know as a druid i am continuosly using things. be it as a healer or bear or cat form, i am pushing buttons practically all the time. Not at all a Boring "press auto attack and go /afk"

Traps and pets are a option. lol? pets are all the same now, they lost their unique attack speeds and resistances. so pets is no longer a option. traps? i never used a trap in pvp becuase they are pointless inless you are dueling. dueling you have time to set a trap, but pvp'ing you dont. and no, i use wing clip and run, you dont use raptor strike or any other melee skill, becuase hunters get out melee'd by everything.and stings? one does damage the other drains mana, those are the only two you choose from, lots of choices there. (scorpid sting sucks and you now it). I just didnt like pvp in WoW, so lets get over it. please.

• ajaxxajaxx Member Posts: 476

Jackman let's just all agree you weren't very good at the game. No need to flame, now you don't have to make excuses and can go back to playing your "Neo_1" character.

PvP in UT2k4 is not boring, its top notch, fun, and you gain a hella lot more out of it than WoW PvP because of there ranking system. When WoW's PvP gets there ranking system, it will be equal to Unreal, does that make it more of a mmo?

And does ranking make WoW less of a MMO? Seriously, there are a few dumb people posting in this thread.

When WoW eventually(in like 2-3 months I guess) recieves that honor system, it'll give more incentive to PvP. Oh, and that retarded idea of completely destroying towns and enemy faction... there's no point in making half of the content unavailable. There are solid reasons for making things instanced from a dev's point of view. Sure that may make the game feel a bit more realistic, but screws game design completely.

Originally posted by ajaxx

Jackman let's just all agree you weren't very good at the game. No need to flame, now you don't have to make excuses and can go back to playing your "Neo_1" character.

care to elaborate on how i wasnt very "good" at the game? or do you just like saying you suck to people? its not my fault hunter is a terrible class to play now, and if i had known they were gonna screw up the class after i leveled it to 46, then i would have choosen to be a mage or priest.

just look at the hunter forums, i dunno if everyone is still angry that were broken or if they fixed us yet. i gave up on it after the latest patch. its almost as if were the next warrior class, ( as in everyone complains about how we suck at everything)