Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

State of the game/company through a detail..

pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

I 'm going to be simple, precise and ,in my opinion,truthful. Someone could choose many factors in order to judge the game's current state or even its compny's future outcome.Today i choose one simple and maybe meaningless for some.The launcher.

It's 8 of December and:

1) Last update was at October the 16th...Weren't they the ones talking about smaller byt more frequent updates?

2)The banner underneath still advertises The secret World's BETA...How many people and money must be invested in a company to change a freeking launcher banner from saying "REGISTER FOR THE BETA"?

Comments

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Money may well be best spent somewhere else

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Could you talk more about the current state of the game. I'm interested.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188
    Originally posted by pupurun

I 'm going to be simple, precise and ,in my opinion,truthful. Someone could choose many factors in order to judge the game's current state or even its compny's future outcome.Today i choose one simple and maybe meaningless for some.The launcher.

It's 8 of December and:

1) Last update was at October the 16th...Weren't they the ones talking about smaller byt more frequent updates?

2)The banner underneath still advertises The secret World's BETA...How many people and money must be invested in a company to change a freeking launcher banner from saying "REGISTER FOR THE BETA"?

1. I don't know if you saw the news from a few months ago. A lot of people were laid off. I would think common sense that they have a smaller team now and the updates are going to be slow. I couldn't find a post that mentions they were going to do smaller but more frequent updates after the mass layoffs they did, correct me if I am wrong please. 

There is an article posted Aug 1 mentioning more frequent updates. Then Aug 21-22 Funcom announces mass layoffs. 

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/08/01/age-of-conan-taking-pages-from-secret-worlds-book/

2. I asked Silirron on twitter about that banner Oct 23. His reply, "Yes, that ones with the marketing folks, will hopefully be update soon."

It isn't a game breaker to me so I don't really care. Yes, it looks stupid on their part, but at the end of the day I have to choose what I care about, that isn't one of them.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.