Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's now after 6 PM Friday in Greece..

GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
I'm guessing we will have to wait until Monday for any kind of announcement. It's not looking good for 12/12/12.  I predict they will tell us that they regret to inform us that they have to delay until January..  *sadface*

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

Comments

• geckzillageckzilla Member Posts: 15
    Give 'em a couple more hours. They've posted some things pretty late Athens time.
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by geckzilla
    Give 'em a couple more hours. They've posted some things pretty late Athens time.

I hope so.. A little overtime would be good for them hehe

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Given how little information is out on the game so far, is anyone really going to be surprised if the game is pushed back to 2013? somehow i think releasing the game again in the next 5 days, would mean taking chances, and shortcuts, on an unfinished product, given all the issues, the repercussions would be devastating.  Its doubtful whether the company could survive after such an event. So pushing back the launch date might well be not only the 'smart option' but the 'only option' open to them.image
    Originally posted by Phry
    Given how little information is out on the game so far, is anyone really going to be surprised if the game is pushed back to 2013? somehow i think releasing the game again in the next 5 days, would mean taking chances, and shortcuts, on an unfinished product, given all the issues, the repercussions would be devastating.  Its doubtful whether the company could survive after such an event. So pushing back the launch date might well be not only the 'smart option' but the 'only option' open to them.image

I definitely am fine with them pushing it back if it's needed.  A buggy mess would be a disaster.  I'm just trying to be hopefull of a game to play soon.  But my luck hasn't been that great lately lol

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    If there is a delay then I think the rest of December and JAnuary are a wash and we won't see it until Feb.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    Originally posted by Phry

I definitely am fine with them pushing it back if it's needed.  A buggy mess would be a disaster.  I'm just trying to be hopefull of a game to play soon.  But my luck hasn't been that great lately lol

expectations are always high when a game launches now, so a good 'clean' launch is kind of a necessity, just have to see what happened with SOE's release of PS2, although the problems with the Euro servers could maybe be laid at the feet of Prosieben, although all the hacking since then, is surely down to SOE. Reason i mention hacking in PS2 is because DF1 also had some hacking issues. Which means the new game client needs to be far more robust. So, lots of crossed fingers image

• gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    I dont think they expected the game to get greenlit so fast. It probably changed there expectations for launch. I am sure they would like launch it to concide with steam. Of course they could just be hard at work tasos style lol.
    Maybe Tasos is doing a quick workout before the announcement..  Gotta look huge for his video announcements ;)

• KaminaxiusKaminaxius Member UncommonPosts: 104
    I'm pretty sure it'll be out in a few moments, they always post the updates late 6-7 pm:)
  • LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    If they postpone it even more I know some guys that I´m gonna play with that will go apeshit. Cause they have planned, and taken a vacation from work etc to play. And I´m guessing alot more then those 10 guys that I´m gonna play with has done it. I´m the only one outa the 10 that can´t do it. I just got a new job myself so no chance for vacation now. So AV better not postpone it more cause they will have a shitstorm on their hands that will make hurricane Katrina look like a summer breeze.
  • xenomonk6xenomonk6 Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Originally posted by Lahuzer
    If they postpone it even more I know some guys that I´m gonna play with that will go apeshit. Cause they have planned, and taken a vacation from work etc to play. And I´m guessing alot more then those 10 guys that I´m gonna play with has done it. I´m the only one outa the 10 that can´t do it. I just got a new job myself so no chance for vacation now. So AV better not postpone it more cause they will have a shitstorm on their hands that will make hurricane Katrina look like a summer breeze.

You're pretty much half retarded if you take time off for a game like this with not even a pre order or pre download availible yet, even alot of triple A games have postponements... So no ones fault but their own really, if they don't play who cares there will still be plenty of other newbs to slay! :)

• MelgarothMelgaroth Member UncommonPosts: 42

The game has a huge head of steam built up right now, its mainly the reason everyone is clamouring for information. If they delay till Feb 2013 I can see a lot of interest falling off as well as a very very pissed off fanbase.

I have been hyping this game to my friends trying to get them interested and if they delay again I feel like they are just going to quit caring and go play something else.

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by xenomonk6

You're pretty much half retarded if you take time off for a game like this with not even a pre order or pre download availible yet, even alot of triple A games have postponements... So no ones fault but their own really, if they don't play who cares there will still be plenty of other newbs to slay! :)

Hehe, I totally agree. Especially when it comes to AV. They have a, shall we say shady history when it comes to getting things done in time. I told them as well, but they say "They can´t do it again, cause they will loose to much if they do it once more" etc. I hope they are right, but I have a bad feeling. But if you think AV won´t loose anything if they postpone it, I think your just as much "half retarded" as those I will play with. ;)

• xenomonk6xenomonk6 Member UncommonPosts: 10

Hehe, I totally agree. Especially when it comes to AV. They have a, shall we say shady history when it comes to getting things done in time. I told them as well, but they say "They can´t do it again, cause they will loose to much if they do it once more" etc. I hope they are right, but I have a bad feeling. But if you think AV won´t loose anything if they postpone it, I think your just as much "half retarded" as those I will play with. ;)

I know for a fact they won't lose anything from postponing it because there is nothing else to play and as much crap as all you little mmo kids talk you won't do anything AND STILL BUY THE GAME (unless you're a broker loser) most of you work at mcdonalds and can barely change your own lives let alone effect someone else's, either way it doesn't matter because everyone that wants to play will buy it when its availible even if it's to login to play so they can whine and say it sucked. Any real MMO player isn't worried about "pay to play" or "time constraints" anyways.

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

I know for a fact they won't lose anything from postponing it because there is nothing else to play and as much crap as all you little mmo kids talk you won't do anything AND STILL BUY THE GAME (unless you're a broker loser) most of you work at mcdonalds and can barely change your own lives let alone effect someone else's, either way it doesn't matter because everyone that wants to play will buy it when its availible even if it's to login to play so they can whine and say it sucked. Any real MMO player isn't worried about "pay to play" or "time constraints" anyways.

If they delay yet again, it will burst the hype buble. Right now most people seem to be willing to let AV's history slide, I speculate that will change with another delay.

Yeah ... sterotypes et al...

" Over 50% of MMO players work full-time. Another 12% are working part-time and/or attending school part-time. 22% are full time students, 3% are home-makers, 1% are retired, and only 10% are unemployed. "

Source : http://blog.rjmetrics.com/who-plays-mmos-an-analysis-of-mmorpg-player-demographics-and-mmorpg-player-stereotypes/

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by DMKano
    So AV better not postpone it more cause they will have a shitstorm on their hands that will make hurricane Katrina look like a summer breeze.

Lets see - Katrina, over 1800 people died, over 100 billion $ in damage - please don't be that insulting to a real disaster over a delayed game launch.

I guess it wouldn't sound nearly "hardcore" if you said that you'd be upset and the most you'd do about it is make a post on a game forum.

But word on the street is ........

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904

Who cares if it delayed again. Most seem to forget AV isnt some massive multinational corp with mega millions to burn. Their a bunch of greeks who country is in the toilet with comparatively little money trying to buck the trend of the decade long cancer.

How would you feel if you daily commute involved trying to evade the latest riot rather than traffic? AV even thinking about releasing anything yet alone a new game this year is nothing short of a small miracle.

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

I stopped caring about the "But there are riots going on here" excuse when it was over used. Most of the riots are protests, which happen all the time in states they just aren't news worthy. Granted there have been some extremes , but most of em ... nah not buying it anymore.

• HotjazzHotjazz Member UncommonPosts: 742
    Originally posted by Melgaroth

If they delay till Feb 2013 I can see a lot of interest falling off as well as a very very pissed off fanbase.

Haha, you don`t know the darkfall fanbase.

We got very pissed years ago, it didn`t help. We started begging years ago, it didn`t help.

AV got us by the balls, and there is nothing we can do. We have sunk so low, we are happy for the crumb that falls of AVs table. All AV have to do if they postpone the game, is giving us a small piece of the map every day. We would dissect  those pieces and praise AV for being kind and merciful.

What else can we do...play GW2?  

Haha

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    I was going to make a joke poking fun of this PR failure, but over the years I've learned its best not to make jokes about a disaster that's in progress.
  • junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712
    With AV's history, would anyone really be surprised if there was another delay?  Of course, releasing it in the state that Darkfall released would be a disaster too.

They could all of a sudden release the game and payment information with little announcement.  This would probably hamper them in the long run because players who had no clue it was coming out for reals right then wouldn't have started at the same time, and wouldn't be able to grind enough to catch up.

Or they could delay it and try for some actual communication with the playerbase regarding the state of the game, pricing, release date.  This would anger some, but if they use the time to get a nice product, might help in the long run.  If it is still Darkfall 1 + NGE classes - bugs, it'd probably end up failing again anyways.

Or they could close up shop.  They could admit their shortcomings, studio could go their seperate ways, and perhaps some would go on to create successes.

• HotjazzHotjazz Member UncommonPosts: 742
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

They could all of a sudden release the game and payment information with little announcement.  This would probably hamper them in the long run because players who had no clue it was coming out for reals right then wouldn't have started at the same time, and wouldn't be able to grind enough to catch up.

I don`t think AV would make the horrible grind mistake ever again, and if they do they deserve to fail.

We all hope the different roles will make a new player pvp viable in a very short time, so they wont be left behind.

Originally posted by Hotjazz

I don`t think AV would make the horrible grind mistake ever again, and if they do they deserve to fail.

We all hope the different roles will make a new player pvp viable in a very short time, so they wont be left behind.

Honestly, I hope so too.

I WANT games, like darkfall, to achieve success.  I would love more sandbox games, more diverse games available.

Competition is a powerful driving force towards improving and differentiating your products.

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by Redemp

I stopped caring about the "But there are riots going on here" excuse when it was over used. Most of the riots are protests, which happen all the time in states they just aren't news worthy. Granted there have been some extremes , but most of em ... nah not buying it anymore.

I wish I could be unique and have your profile picture.