Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Asheron's Call 2 : Fallen Kings: The Drudge Revealed!

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Turbine Entertainment unveiled the newest Race in AC2 - the "Drudge".  They have posted the full skill tree, a movie clip, and background information about this new playable race.  The race can be unlocked on launch day by players who pre-ordered the Legions Bonus offer (currently available online at GameStop and EBGames).

A preview from their overview page is below:

Long have they been in the shadow of the other races. Theirs is a dirty, cowardly, sickly, pasty, mean, brutish race. But a proud race! And a cunning one. They have learned many techniques for battles, and the wisest among them have even learned to tap into the power of their own Shrine of Transcendence. The time of the Drudge is at hand.

By pre-ordering AC2: Legions, players will be able to create Drudge characters on Legions launch day. The Drudge is a fun new race with a lot of unique abilities. They do have some limitations, however.

While you can choose to be a male or female Drudge, it’s hard for the other races to tell the difference between Drudge genders – they look and sound the same, aside from minor size variations. If you encounter a Drudge in the field are unsure, it's best to play it safe and just call him/her "my friend". Given their prolific numbers, though, we’re sure that Drudges, at least, have no trouble telling the difference!

To read the full page with screens, a movie, a tech tree and more, click here!

NOTE: This news item was previously marked as being an "April Fools" gag by accident - however it was not...this was a mistake on our part! 

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• PlagemanPlageman Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Nice April's Fool this one image
  • obievilobievil Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by Plageman
    Nice April's Fool this one image

Umm.. MMORPG.Com needs to issue a retraction or something.

This isn't a joke. this is real.

• Ramen_AC2Ramen_AC2 Member Posts: 1

The playable Drudge race is absolutely legitimate.  The news item went out on March 31, and early access to the playable Drudge is listed as a bonus pack item on both EB Games and GameStop.

It IS almost beyond belief, I grant you, but sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. ;)

Ramen
    AC2 Online Community Relations
    Turbine, Inc.

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Sorry about that guys and gals - that was our bad.  After getting some gripes from readers we edited all our "april fools" gag posts to let people know which ones were spoofs.  In error, the "*APRIL FOOLS*" tag was added tp this news item.

Please accept our sincerest apologies!

Boy, am I glad that silly day is over image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• KytrarewnKytrarewn Member Posts: 35

Wow, a drudge? Now THAT looks cool. Just placed my pre-order.

I remember killing thousands of drudges in AC1, and more in AC2. Can't wait to reverse the tide ::::27::