Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dark and Light: Release Date Announced

The following is part of the press release that was issued today via the official website.

NPCUBE, developer of the MMORPG Dark and Light, and publisher Farlan Entertainment, jointly announce today that the release date for Dark and Light has been set to November 2005.

C

Comments

• NoraxeNoraxe Member Posts: 190

Better than a cancelation.

I'm still expecting DnL to be great game...........eventually.

• RegusRegus Member Posts: 489
    yeah november is a big difference with april but this way i might get in beta eventually or so i keep hoping for a few more months

"One day all will die, surely you but never I." Wheel of Time

• MalianeaMalianea Member Posts: 314

I was wondering when they would officially back up release.

This game is still going to kick lots of butt!

Malianea

• BronxChuloBronxChulo Member Posts: 166

At least we know they are taking time to make sure the game runs great.  I'm hoping to get into the beta soon.

• serasera Member Posts: 9

I really hope NPCube is given enough time to polish and improve upon all aspects of the game. If they manage to release a title as polished as WoW for instance, DnL with it's vast scope will be a better choice for serious gamers everywhere.

• strousestrouse Member Posts: 114

8 months????  wtf  Vaporware anyone?

[quoute]they manage to release a title as polished as WoW for instance[/quote]

Well that won't ever happen and I'll tell ya why.
    WoW already has two expansion packs coming out. Battlegrounds is coming soon and than they have Northrend in the works already.
    EQ2 I am sure will still be pumping out content upgrades in those massive patches they do and in 8 months from now both of these games will be so full of features that nothing will come close to them.

Not to mention the fact that there will be OTHER mmorpg's already out before DnL comes out in Nov (IF it comes out in Nov)
    like middle earth online , dungeons and dragons online, Vanguard?

forget it..

• jimothypetrojimothypetro Member Posts: 1,437

[quote]Originally posted by strouse
    [b]8 months???? wtf Vaporware anyone?
    [quoute]they manage to release a title as polished as WoW for instance[/quote]
    Well that won't ever happen and I'll tell ya why.WoW already has two expansion packs coming out. Battlegrounds is coming soon and than they have Northrend in the works already.EQ2 I am sure will still be pumping out content upgrades in those massive patches they do and in 8 months from now both of these games will be so full of features that nothing will come close to them.
    Not to mention the fact that there will be OTHER mmorpg's already out before DnL comes out in Nov (IF it comes out in Nov)like middle earth online , dungeons and dragons online, Vanguard?
    forget it..[/b][/quote]

More expansion packs doesn't mean a more polished game.

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

• stone-seraphstone-seraph Member Posts: 376

yeah thats like going to pizza hut and getting served a pile of crap, when people complain that they are getting served piles of crap instead of pizzas they toss pepperonis on top and call it better. DnL is innovative in many aspects with this kind of game. What did WoW do to advance the genre? EQ2? Sorry but great games take longer.

Make of it what you will.

• strousestrouse Member Posts: 114

"" DnL is innovative in many aspects with this kind of game.""

How is DnL innovative? It's just a dark age of camelot or shadowbane clone... its graphics dont even look any better than DAOC right now.. how are the graphics gonna look almost a full year from now?..

and by theway.. Mythic also has their new mmo imperator..

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Well whatever happens, its smarter for them to do one big push back and just announce it honestly than frig around making new dates every 2 weeks that they know they arnt gonna be able to fulfil.

At least it shows some professionalism and organisation. I think the important point others have made is that they need to spend this time making the game something other than another EQ2 or WoW.

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• ZrTyZrTy Member Posts: 26

ill need to find smth to play this 8 mounts image
    or they chose me to become on of the 2500 beta tester *dreams* image

It's hard to live and easy to die..

• serasera Member Posts: 9

Originally posted by strouse
    8 months???? wtf Vaporware anyone?
    You're quite the obnoxious little Mourning fanboi aren't ya? Pathetic.
  • stone-seraphstone-seraph Member Posts: 376

Originally posted by strouse
    How is DnL innovative?

-single persistent world
    -living breathing ecosystem
    -player run politics/nobility system
    -exploration as an actual and useful job
    -complex crafting system that depends on weather, location, time, constellations, etc. (not just iron + coal + hammer = longsword #4582)
    -both fighting experience and social experience
    -live updating

please correct me if i'm wrong, i am far from being an expert on all MMOs

Make of it what you will.