Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me out- give me reasons to return!

TolmosTolmos Member UncommonPosts: 141

I played WoW from Vanilla's release until the week Cata released. I bought cata, something in me just... snapped, I guess, and I suddenly realized "I'm burned out" and stepped away.

It's been a good long while since then and here I am. I've been reading the forums, watching some reviews of MoP... and I'm becoming somewhat interested again. However, I'm still exceptionally torn. My main concern is whether I can catch up to the current gear level, since MoP has been out a while. But more than anything... does it now have something that would make it worth it for me, who burned out on WoW, to suddenly become reinterested.

I pretty much enjoy all aspects of gameplay, EXCEPT large raiding. 40 man raids may have killed anything bigger than 10 mans for me forever. They were so boring, so easy and so... misery inducing. lol

SO! For all you old players out there, or even new ones, tell me what it is that keeps you interested in this game now!

Not that it matters, but the highest level toons I have are sitting at 80-82. 80 pally, 80 priest, 80 warlock, 80 deathknight, 81 hunter, 82 druid. If any of these have suddenly become awesome since I last played in WotLK/the first week of Cata, let me know too! =D

Thanks!

Comments

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    ...im wondering what was wrong with the first thread you started about this.
  • TolmosTolmos Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Originally posted by muffins89
    ...im wondering what was wrong with the first thread you started about this.

It appeared to be in a different and not as viewed forum? I'm looking through this one and not seeing it.

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

There is a lot to be applauded in the latest expansion, some of which brings back thoughts of times passed and there is a move to make updates a lot more frequest which was asked for by a lot of people, but is that enough.

The only person who knows whether you will like it is you and i think you have to look at the reasons of why you burned out in the first place because if you can't resolve that then it may well happen again pretty quickly.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292

Ask yourself:

Has the "need" to return arisen?

Why has this "need" arisen?

No one here will write you a feature list. ;)

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

I played the game from vanilla launch until shortly after Burning Crusade was released.  The ever-increasing time demands to "keep up" with everyone else and my feeling of "falling behind" everyone else led me to quit playing.  At one point, they released a dungeon which was quickly nicknamed "Timesink Caverns" due to the large amount of time every player had to spend in there.  I was unable to complete that content because by the time my real life commitments allowed me to reach it, nobody was doing it any more.  So, I quit playing in vanilla too.  It didn't take long for me to see that Burning Crusade was the same.

The game is completely different to me now, but I'm also approaching it differently.  I don't care if I raid or not.  Raid Finder will allow me to raid if I ever feel ready.  I don't have to keep up with the content locusts to enjoy the game and experience all it has to offer.  If you decide to go back, try slowing your pace goals down a bit.  Maybe you will like it better that way, and you will probably find the game goes by faster than you thought.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

It can be fun to get back into the game.  I've done it a couple times myself.

What keeps me returning is attachment to my toons and achievements in game.  I have many great memories from WoW, mostly from Vanilla and BC.

Last time I returned was because of the Scroll of Resurrection.  I admit, Blizzard bribed me to come back and I took them up on the offer to snag a couple instant 80s (I was a multi-boxer so I have several accounts).

Overall, if you still like WoW and want to play it, then do so.

If not, you can do as I do, and hop from game to game looking for something that has the "magic".  If you find it, let me know.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • HybridvampyrHybridvampyr Member Posts: 61

I have just gone back after quitting the game during Cata and i'm enjoying it again.

I like the new changes to the classes and the new zones actually seem like someone actually put some thought into them. Cant really say much about the gear grind since ive just been levelling a couple of chars but it does seem to be pretty daily's heavy so if thats not something you like you may want to stay away.

I'm personally happy to be back and will continue to pay my sub for a while at least.