Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's happening?

I had to unsub for time reasons, but now I hear that the game is in serious trouble and that Doc says last week was the 'week from hell'?

Without being complete nobs about it (all the hardcore CRS haters) does anyone know if the game is still alive? :(

Comments

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    They had some scripting server issues last week and an ongoing scoring database bug.  But the game is still up and running.  It's all on their main page.
  • david06david06 Member Posts: 183

The game is still alive but they had some problems getting the new campaign going last week.

1.34 is still buggy, 1.35 is ???; all the dev focus from what I can see is on Rapid Assault.

The game can get active on the weekends or at other specific periods, but most of the time is quite boring. There haven't been any significant rule or gameplay changes since I last unsubbed.

• XOOM-CRSXOOM-CRS Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Originally posted by rendus
    They had some scripting server issues last week and an ongoing scoring database bug.  But the game is still up and running.  It's all on their main page.

Yes this is accurate. Last week was challenging, but we're square now *sigh of relief.*

We've shared a lot on our main page recently, check out THIS ARTICLE for a more recent update on our path.

[email protected]
    Cornered Rat Software

• depot12depot12 Member Posts: 156

Their main focus is their 10-year old "technology demo" caled RA.

As far as WWIIOL, hasn't been an update in over 18 months.  If you are into CTD's, laggy gameplay and single-digit population server WWIIOL is for you!

• argelargel Member Posts: 34
    Clearly didn't read my second sentence then huh? Grow up.
  • ZbusZbus Member Posts: 116
    Originally posted by argel

I think he gave you a pretty clear picture as to the state of the game. Its not like he went on  a endless rant about CRS but rather gave you a short direct answer. If your looking for biased glowing reviews about the game might I suggest you go to the CRS fourms because I am sure those reviews would be less upsetting to you.

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387
    Originally posted by Zbus

I think he gave you a pretty clear picture as to the state of the game. Its not like he went on  a endless rant about CRS but rather gave you a short direct answer. If your looking for biased glowing reviews about the game might I suggest you go to the CRS fourms because I am sure those reviews would be less upsetting to you.

You mean instead he went on a short rant, further selling his hate for the game?

From the responses looks like you got your answer, didn't you?
  • ZbusZbus Member Posts: 116
    Originally posted by Stug
    Originally posted by Zbus

You mean instead he went on a short rant, further selling his hate for the game?

Lets see

Point 1- CRS main focus is RA   (True)

Point 2 - No updates in 18 months (content not stability patches mind you)  (True)  

Point 3 - CTDs and laggy play.This has been true for ages not just recently for alot of players (True)

Point 4- Single diget player base (ok not all true but for certain time zonesit is true. Ethier way even during prime time battles are small in scale) So even this is a overall true statement.  (TRUE)

So Stug I dont see the hate you are refering to just a honest review of the game play like the OP asked for, just because you dont like it does not mean it is any less valid. If you have info that refutes his claims then post it until then you seem to be the hater in this thread not Depot.

• argelargel Member Posts: 34

Well I've played the game in the last 6 months so I'm not stupid. I still think the good outweighs the bad in the main, hence why I'm interested. I don't have the time to play - or the spare money to contribute to the game without playing - but I think the game generally works pretty well and it's kind of disingenuous to suggest otherwise.

There's a bunch of stuff that can be improved and I hope they get 1.35 out because it probably is the last chance, but I don't understand the rationale of those people on here who slate the game out of spite. Surely you all want the game to succeed in the long haul?

• WhackoWhacko Member UncommonPosts: 137

I feel wwiionline has made it's mark in my mind, sadly many if not all of my squad slowly disbanded from the sinking ship.

I have no HATE towards CRS, they gave me great entertainment through the years but honestly I'm not going to re-install the game just to re-live the past. The game had it's day in my eyes, it lost my appeal but for other players that Haven't experienced the game I say go for it and play it.

CRS does deserve that atleast, let them convince you as a new player to stay and pay. 

• OtotheJOtotheJ Member Posts: 52

Point 5 -  the game blows and doesnt belong online anymore. 

With the numbers it has, I wouldnt call it online anymore anyway.  More promises of content you will never most likely see much less anything remotely  related to addressing the critical by design issues. They cant even keep the stats page up, so another run at the last fanbois wallets before it finally dies is quite humorous.

How sad is it when you ask people for another 12 bucks a month to keep the game floating from your subscribers and only 40 people show up LMFAO.  When you can find 40 people that would rather see this game go under much easier its time to call it :)

Squads did win the battle in the end.  They all left because of the suck dev behind this monstrosity :) Put that in your toe/hc/ao pipe and feel free to review any of my posts from 2004 where I explained how bad your ideas were in great detail. 

Love,

OJ

• SzyporynSzyporyn Member Posts: 122

With ya OJ.

Read a quite funny thing last night on their forums.

For the LONGEST time I have told them just how much of a mistake that website of theirs is, that they do not have a store, nor a product to put in a box, in fact ALL they have is that website.

Now that website is just about the worst thing I have ever seen, it has no functionality, no design (not talking about looks here), looks like something someones nephew did etc. etc.. all in all an abomination.

All they have ever said was "we can not let players make this" - only to HAVE TENPIN POST THAT HE WAS THE ONE WHO MADE THE WEBSITE!!

I have raised issues that are OBVIOUS for anyone apart from CRS, but DOC can not admit when he is wrong - and keeps on trucking with the same stupid reply every time "there are things you do not know".

Never does he mention what that is - so I'm inclined to think it is just him being stubborn and refusing to admit when he is wrong.

I'm at the end of my wits here, we are a few people who actually works with web for a living (and no I do not make shitty crappy joomla microsites) who are all saying the same thing (apart from killemall who likes to think he has insight, but is just the biggest brown nose in the game) - yet they REFUSE to listen.

Heck they even have a website admin/developer who admitted he had to "learn as he went along".

They have become a joke, and I do not see the game living much longer - and this from a previously ardent defender of the game and 10 year veteran.

It is especially the gestapo modding on the forum that pisses me off - now a ToS violation is not what is needed to get your post removed - now it is enough that DOC or XOOM do not like what they are reading...

Funny side effect they get from their gestapo methods in forums are that then people go elsewhere to raise their voice about the problems - places like here, which is the LAST place they should want it to happen - so what they end up with is their game recieving only bad bad bad posts here - when they could have kept it "in-house"

Sad sad sad panda!

• axishatraxishatr Member UncommonPosts: 167
    sad sad sad

The graphic above was 4 days old, so thats 10 "hero" subscriptions a day.  At that rate they will hit thier first goal of 1000 by March 2013 which is the end of the first quarter.  4500 subscribers? Please. They can't even get 4500 likes on Facebook

I have a feeling with the pleading by doc to not unsubscribe plus being at the end of December that they are probably out of money by the end of this month.

Sad sad sad.  With DOC's toxic attitude and chumps like XOOM running things no wonder they are going under.   To top it all off I can't believe DOC says "Unsubscribing doesn't send us a message".  Yes it does. 

I am paying money for a service that I perceive has value.  A buggy, HC run game with no updates in 18 months is NOT a good place to spend my money or time. As usual DOC has to make it all about himself and that somehow we are doign it to spite him.  No DOC, we're leaving because of the poor service, buggy product and company attitude that we are not customers but instead people who are here to just shovel CRS money so they can dumb down the game to a version to appeal to the twitch gamers against titles they have absolutely no chance to compete against.   No DOC, people don't want RA, they don't want 3rd person tanking or 64 player maps.   Why is it that hard to understand for them?

Originally posted by depot12

The graphic above was 4 days old, so thats 10 "hero" subscriptions a day.  At that rate they will hit thier first goal of 1000 by March 2013 which is the end of the first quarter.  4500 subscribers? Please. They can't even get 4500 likes on Facebook

I have a feeling with the pleading by doc to not unsubscribe plus being at the end of December that they are probably out of money by the end of this month.

Sad sad sad.  With DOC's toxic attitude and chumps like XOOM running things no wonder they are going under.   To top it all off I can't believe DOC says "Unsubscribing doesn't send us a message".  Yes it does. 

I am paying money for a service that I perceive has value.  A buggy, HC run game with no updates in 18 months is NOT a good place to spend my money or time. As usual DOC has to make it all about himself and that somehow we are doign it to spite him.  No DOC, we're leaving because of the poor service, buggy product and company attitude that we are not customers but instead people who are here to just shovel CRS money so they can dumb down the game to a version to appeal to the twitch gamers against titles they have absolutely no chance to compete against.   No DOC, people don't want RA, they don't want 3rd person tanking or 64 player maps.   Why is it that hard to understand for them?

Actually that graphic is for NEW and Hero accounts. We don't know how many zero's I mean heros are out there. The way crs controls its members and content I wouldn't be surprised if they fake numbers to help things along.......if your buddies jumped off a cliff would you do it to if they said it was fun and cool, even to their deaths?  I hope they get the numbers they are looking for.  I would like to see the game continue even though at this time I cannot play.  But, again, this approach is horrible.

• AbyssussAbyssuss Member Posts: 85

Let the game die already CRS, give it some dignity it deserves, begging for money,kickstarter,money for ads (what ads?)and now "Heros".

Planetside 2 isn't perfect but,by god I'm having alot more fun, more action and more people than 18 (yes 18!) sometimes during EU TZ.

Originally posted by Abyssuss

"money for ads (what ads?)".

Yea, they said it was for ads on MMORPG.  Has anyone seen a BE ad on here in the last few months?

• OtotheJOtotheJ Member Posts: 52

Hey Szy!

The website, dead forums, and much of what they have done over the past years has been so far off.  These begging drives with nothing to show have become so entertaning.  Whats next ? The last 200 people on planet earth that somehow find this game fun need to pay 2.5k a year? LMAO

Investors? You have shed players since 2005 when you started this backwards ass vision of a direction for the game. Anyone who would invest with that wont have much money for long lol

Did you see the new fb idea they are throwing around? How clueless can one get !!! You might as well just have a play now button that throws you into some herd as the gameplay option.  You certainly dont even need fb's anymore when the game delivers such an awful freedom less, leaderless, non tactical, fubar supply borked ass game mechanics.

The only damn entertainmnet left is listening to bar think hes god by raping the 30 people left playing the game. Hi bar :P

Half of me enjoys seeing these brainwashed fanbois getting scewed out of their money and playing general of the herd in a box but the other half really wants to see this game go away..  A 12 yr old could figure out more entertaining game mechanics than this group could with Einsteins help.  We have the map of europe, kits of gear for a few countries, a somewhat potential for having a supply/logistics system that would be incredible and they came up with a box of forced can play, chased away player freedom and ;leadership development with the hc system and have supply set to smash tv mentalify.  Thats a complete and total disconnect from what the players wanted, as proven today by your numbers and lack of squad controlled play..

They couldnt handle my critics anymore and banned me long ago for my "agenda" just like many other vocal players.  Thank you mmopg for aIlowing a venue to share both sides opinion on this game. CRS keep policing your internal forums and eventually the dirty laundry ends up getting aired out elsewhere.  I am not here to vent because I was banned, you dont see me hiding behind some fake name, I'm here to support the large amount of players that have played with me or are thinking about playing this game.  That support is me telling them this game is a complete waste of money, time and has no future with CRS associated with it. 

Thats really not a news flash to the vets who have played but this company should no longer be in business and wont be much longer.  Personally, I dedicated large amounts of time leading one of the biggest squads the game ever had.. Wish I could take back every second as it supported such a bad products existence. To feel a little value, any future time spent will be to go out of my way to discourage people from the game.  I knows lots ands lots of your subscribers :)  Most are long gone but I'm a sadistic bastage and will never give up trashing you at every possible chance :)

Please look forward to my own personal upcoming topic on the demise of this game.  My hope, as many of us, is one day someone else does realize the potential this game had long ago and develops is correctly.  Most of what not to do can be learned by just watching these guys in action over the years.

S!

OJ

and one last one about the mods they have in game...

enjoy.

http://www.kgwiking.com/forum/index.php?topic=21489.0