Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My experience with Mortal Free 2 Play so far.

RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Tried to download the game again to see if the GM's really are as bad as a lot of people complained about and if I am going to like Mortal Online over DarkFall 2.

Sadly Mortal Online said it required like 9 gigs free of space but instead it requires over 25GB to do full patching and all so I free up over 40GB on the drive, and try launching the game again I get all kids of errors Scan errors, you name it the game won't even patch properly its just this bad.

So I deleted the game tried to reinstall again, and the damn installer tells me I have to restart my computer because a previous install failed?

I might or might not try reinstalling this game later after my next reboot I am just too lazy to reboot this computer to reinstall it right now.

Then I will report here if the game actually is better or not all I know is that right now Mortal Online is a pain, and after reading the F2P email even if I decided to continue to play the game I am not going to play if I can't pay because it creates a major imbalance of skills 60 cap F2P 100 for subscribers this is major imbalance.

I really do think SV is on their last boat to making money off this game.

Likely I will just wait for DF2, but I always give a game a second try when it goes Free or offers free trial.

Comments

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by Renoaku

Tried to download the game again to see if the GM's really are as bad as a lot of people complained about and if I am going to like Mortal Online over DarkFall 2.

Sadly Mortal Online said it required like 9 gigs free of space but instead it requires over 25GB to do full patching and all so I free up over 40GB on the drive, and try launching the game again I get all kids of errors Scan errors, you name it the game won't even patch properly its just this bad.

So I deleted the game tried to reinstall again, and the damn installer tells me I have to restart my computer because a previous install failed?

I might or might not try reinstalling this game later after my next reboot I am just too lazy to reboot this computer to reinstall it right now.

Then I will report here if the game actually is better or not all I know is that right now Mortal Online is a pain, and after reading the F2P email even if I decided to continue to play the game I am not going to play if I can't pay because it creates a major imbalance of skills 60 cap F2P 100 for subscribers this is major imbalance.

I really do think SV is on their last boat to making money off this game.

Likely I will just wait for DF2, but I always give a game a second try when it goes Free or offers free trial.

There is some issues with the CDN I think. But there are workarounds to get it down til they fixed it. Just read the forums. Plenty of good suggestions there to get it to work. But I sure can understand the frustration. Thank god it´s free to test. :P

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

this happens almost every patch, not always to the same people but a good number experience this issue.

Seems to be a mismatch that is caused by sv sending a file to the CDN then altering it and sending it again but the CDN not uploading the new version.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• mymmomymmo Member UncommonPosts: 311

No problems what so ever with the installation processes. Sorry guys, the fault lies at you.

Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.
  • JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

seriously dude, don't even bother.

i downloaded the F2P patch and now every 10 minutes that i sit on a horse all my controls start bugging out, i can't turn, i can't dismount, i can't equip enything, can't cast, cant use any keybinds, i can't even bring up the log out menu to re-log.....i have to Alt-Tab out of the game and close the window manually. it happened 4 times yesterday as i was going from town to town to see if there were more people about.  

i'm so effind done with this piece of crap game. nothing but a waste of space on my hd.

• blutm8blutm8 Member UncommonPosts: 86

isn't worth to try this game (but its up to you ofc). a month ago i tried 14 day trial... 3 days of download has been a pain... the third part stopped every 2 mins and started again 10 mins later with a very bad connection. when i logged in i thought "wow, nice graphic". first fight : "the deer turns around, running away from you but still is doing damage but YOU cant hit the deer... you have to wait until he turns around and get back to you... or you just use sprint which consumes alot stamina used for fighting"... next thing. i looted the corpse... i got stucked in looting window and couldnt do anything : alt+tab, quit game manually... after reconnected i got the loot... moved to the first npc and my half inventory has been gone... (protected zone, no pickpockets)... relogg and my items returned... bought some bread on vendor... money gone, item not received.. tried it again.. same problem... sold crap from my inventory... no money received, items gone.. after relogg, no item, no money.. quit game and deleted the game after 30 mins of playing

sorry about bad spelling :P

• CheboyganCheboygan Member UncommonPosts: 36

well, tried to give it a go again myself

haven't played since beta although i did try to get the game to download when the the free trial was offered - could never get the darn thing to finish

after three days of downloading (the game won't download overnight - apparently unlike every other game i have the MO downloader can't keep my computer awake enough to continue - i am now stuck at mopatch30to700030 when it had about 5 minutes to go - restarting the download and even restarting the computer then the download achieves nothing - apparently they have reached their  set goal of "potential" customers with the FTP option

i think this "game" is actually an experiment by some swedish university psychology department - to determine what i'm not sure but something to do with "fools and their money are soon parted" and just how long that can be kept up

• YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162
    I agree Cheboyan, if it is, then it just proves how foolish some of us are.
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

i bleeive you can also get all the patches in a torrent link

it is strange thoguh that some report downloading it in 4 hours and others 4 days or not at all.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

I installed the game yesterday. I ddint know it would take that long.

After a long while, i cant finally click on play. Guess what. On the login screen, everything is black excluding the UI. So i can only login, but i cant see the environment behind the login UI and when i chose my race, i cant see it. Its all black. When i go back, it says: Character loading and it stays that way untill it says it failed.

I mean WTF man, i want to play the game so badly, but they wont let me play.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• Jester92Jester92 Member Posts: 156
    Interested in seeing how the game is with Awakening, I swore off of it in may when we didnt get the expansion on time.

J. B.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

You are all just imagining these issues.  Awakenings fixed everything just like Henrik said it would.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Originally posted by mymmo

No problems what so ever with the installation processes. Sorry guys, the fault lies at you.

Your logic (or lack of it) baffles me. "It all went smooth for me, so despite the massive amount of complains about the installer it must be users fault". 

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

YEP....its bugged...Tried to install the game 2 times...9 hours each effort....

Always end up having this " Patching error! Failure opening new file : E:Program FilesStar VaultMortal ''

Why do they even bother creating a game when they can't even create a stable launcher for it...

Originally posted by Toferio

Your logic (or lack of it) baffles me. "It all went smooth for me, so despite the massive amount of complains about the installer it must be users fault". 

Its not a lack of logic. Read what the OP have written. The fault lies at the user part. Sorry but your  "massive amount of complains" say nothing at all. So well done, moaning about ones logic while on the other hand clearly lacking one yourself.

So, I and many others easily got the game working. Some few cant. The fault lies at their part. Or could you please explain to me how I and my small guild could easily install MO and give it a try. Please explain that or does it baffle you that some can install the game and some cant? 

Thank you very much. 

Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.
  • MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

So, I and many others easily got the game working. Some few cant. The fault lies at their part. Thank you very much. 

It seems these people with problems have someone watching out for them because the game is tragic, not being able to install it is a blessing not a curse.

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651
    Same with me. What you except from such bad  developer team? People are still flying over the ground, most buged game ever
    Originally posted by Maelwydd

So, I and many others easily got the game working. Some few cant. The fault lies at their part. Thank you very much. 

It seems these people with problems have someone watching out for them because the game is tragic, not being able to install it is a blessing not a curse.

Haha. That is another discussion. But I do agree with you there :)

Its not a lack of logic. Read what the OP have written. The fault lies at the user part. Sorry but your  "massive amount of complains" say nothing at all. So well done, moaning about ones logic while on the other hand clearly lacking one yourself.

So, I and many others easily got the game working. Some few cant. The fault lies at their part. Or could you please explain to me how I and my small guild could easily install MO and give it a try. Please explain that or does it baffle you that some can install the game and some cant? 

Thank you very much. 

I judge from the threads Ive seen on the forums both here and on official ones. Only because you and your small guild got game worked does not excuse the failure of installer for many other people, way higher than in your typical MMO. Your logic of "I got it working so its users fault" is the one falling short here, as it is developers damn task to make sure their installer is working for the masses.

Every new PR push (expansion, f2p, patch, etc) there are numerious complains of corrupt or ridiculously slow installation. Sorry, but I fail to see how it can be users fault to make a clean install result in corrupted files. 

Thank you very much. 

I judge from the threads Ive seen on the forums both here and on official ones. Only because you and your small guild got game worked does not excuse the failure of installer for many other people, way higher than in your typical MMO. Your logic of "I got it working so its users fault" is the one falling short here, as it is developers damn task to make sure their installer is working for the masses.

Every new PR push (expansion, f2p, patch, etc) there are numerious complains of corrupt or ridiculously slow installation. Sorry, but I fail to see how it can be users fault to make a clean install result in corrupted files. 

So, just because you read things on the internet dosent mean you in anyway are entitled to your flawed opinon about my logic. I dont know, maybe you are new to internet, but its astonish that you dont seem to know  how forum works. Those that have the ability to get their stuff up and running  keep their opinions to themself and are not posting things like "oh. im so happy it works". It dosent happen. Those that cant get their things to work or feel that they are in some way wronged are the ones running their "opinion" on diffrent forums. And its to often in just a trashy way - not trying to find a solution and also not trying to help other with the same issue. If you read the OPs text once again you will see what kind of post we are really discussing . I will even give you hint, the main purpose with the text is right in the first sentece. I say it again,  the fault lies on the user. 

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

"W" put it best...

"Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice, well you cant fool me twice."

So much crap, so little quality.

If you read the OPs text once again you will see what kind of post we are really discussing . I will even give you hint, the main purpose with the text is right in the first sentece. I say it again,  the fault lies on the user. 

You mean the part where the official page said patches requires 9GB while in fact they needed over 25gb? If that is user fault in your books, I am done with the discussion as it is obvious there is no helping you. Sure the ones to voice their feedback are often those with issues and not otherwise, but when the installer fails on multiple occasions at simple patching you have to question the developers, not the users. 

I realise that the "there are lot of forum posts complaining about installer" isn't that good of an argument, but it sure beats the "It worked for me therefore it is userfault".

This discussion is pointless anyways. It is developers responsibility to design and develop a rocksolid system which accounts for possible user related errors (not saying this is the case here), which SV failed at.

Lastly it is rather unprofessional to require the user to have 10gb free on his C: partition (according to the official site, which may be out of date), even if he installs game elsewhere. Nowdays many have SSD which can be as small as 60gb, meant only to store the OS and one-two main programs (I have 59gb of data on my C: partition and then I try avoiding having anything else on it than OS). If they can't code a patcher that can use other partition than C; I would hesitate to shout "user error". 

• CheboyganCheboygan Member UncommonPosts: 36

Turns out my problem (and everyone else that had their download halted) with getting the game downloaded was that SV couldn't be fecked to have someone around to make sure that the first weekend after going free to play goes smoothly for all these potential new customers - guess what - their download server hit the skids

Once again the ignorant posters that blame the user just because they didn't have a problem, well...........................

• GenadiGenadi Member UncommonPosts: 110

So, just because you read things on the internet dosent mean you in anyway are entitled to your flawed opinon about my logic. I dont know, maybe you are new to internet, but its astonish that you dont seem to know  how forum works. Those that have the ability to get their stuff up and running  keep their opinions to themself and are not posting things like "oh. im so happy it works". It dosent happen. Those that cant get their things to work or feel that they are in some way wronged are the ones running their "opinion" on diffrent forums. And its to often in just a trashy way - not trying to find a solution and also not trying to help other with the same issue. If you read the OPs text once again you will see what kind of post we are really discussing . I will even give you hint, the main purpose with the text is right in the first sentece. I say it again,  the fault lies on the user. 

Quoted for awesome irony. Know what you're talking about before you go beating your chest next time. Remember, if ever in doubt blame SV, 99% of the time they're to blame for the crap that MO produces.

You know what's funniest is most the people here defending MO lately are MO mods lol. At least Theia had the balls to post under his own name, the rest of you man up and stop hiding behind those aliases.

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

MO can be fun.  It is much better when you actively do things with other players though.  If you go out alone it gets boring fast.  If you engage in group combat and pvp you will have a decent time. 

With it F2P I imagine there are more on so it may not be too bad any more.  But I still prefer DF over MO so I will be going to DFUW when it releases.

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738
    Originally posted by Genadi

Quoted for awesome irony. Know what you're talking about before you go beating your chest next time. Remember, if ever in doubt blame SV, 99% of the time they're to blame for the crap that MO produces.

His post is some what true.  I actually see many good posts.  Of course they probably occur when the game goes down for patching, and people want to get their good words out... but people do post good things now and then.