Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is it worth it to start now?

pantheronpantheron Member UncommonPosts: 256
ever since this game came out, I've really really wanted to play. But, i was 15,and my parents wouldn't let me subscribe. I've not been able to have a credit card or bank card (again by my parents) until i got to college, but during college I never had enough money to pay for a subscription. now that I'm out, Im wondering, is it worth it to try this game that i've wanted to play for so long, or is too old for me to start now?

I play MMOs for the Forum PVP

Comments

• Derza10Derza10 Member Posts: 70
    Never to late to try something you have always wanted to do! The game is pretty dated now but plenty of people still play it. You might want to check out FFXIV: ARR it should be released in about half a year. Might be fun to mess around in FFXI till then.
  • DraronDraron Member Posts: 993

Definetly. Just came back myself on Leviathan starting from scratch (no subjob, airport pass, chocobo license, etc) and found a nice linkshell with a few more active new players and some vets. If you wanna start roll on Leviathan, looking for a duo partner to get a sorta static going. A good duo can do anything with the new level cap outside the endgame. Send me a PM if you start with your IGN.

Edit to add they have a free 14 day trial too on there site if you wanna try it out first.

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259

I am in the same situation.

I bought D3, GW2, playing Swtro f2p, lotro lifetime member and trying rohan but since hearing of A Real Reborn Ive been following it. I just thought maybe check if XI was worth the time until ARR relases.

thanks for mentioning the Trial, I am off this week and will definitely be checking that out!!

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

You might as well check out the free trial. But the UI was idiosyncratic even a decade ago when the game was new, and I'm not sure many would find it acceptable nowadays.

Originally posted by Banquetto

You might as well check out the free trial. But the UI was idiosyncratic even a decade ago when the game was new, and I'm not sure many would find it acceptable nowadays.

A new UI is coming with the expansion - movable and resizable windows, able to have more than one open at a time, etc.

To keep everyone up to date on whether it's too late to start, I've just started a few days ago and already my linkshell helped me get my subjob and chocobo license - my highest job is Warrior at 24, but I've been playing old school if you'd call it that. Got a trio in Valkrum Dunes and leveled a few levels there, soloing a few afterwards.

• DaftDaft Member UncommonPosts: 170

Anyone on Asura? I just resubbed my account and am patching right now. I'm not very far into the game, i got a level 30 war, 30 drk knight, and a level 20 or so samurai. I am going in blind considering i dont even remember  how i got all these subjobs.

Anyway my toons name is Damns if anyone wants to help me figure some ish out. I still need to do the Chocobo quest :/

Would be best to ask on the official forums in your World section. That's how I found my linkshells.

There's an active thread there recruiting new players: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/forums/139-Asura