Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How good do you think this game is?

124»

Comments

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

I still think its a great game especially considering it has no sub..

However the direction anet appears to be going with the game only 3 months after release has left the game world barren while everyone pursues ascended gear from fotm..

They really dont seem to have a plan or their stuff together at all..

Adding the lost shores/fotm ascended content with absolutely no forethought as to how it was going to effect the rest of the game was reckless and non professional imho as a game to where the whole game was the end game its not now..

Playing GW2..

• LiddokunLiddokun Member UncommonPosts: 1,665
    Still enjoying the game. I play on average 1-3 hours a day. The complainers are probably those who plays 16 hours a day. Right now there's not much of an end-game. When you have hit 80 you pretty much run Fractals of the Mist dungeon till you are sick and blue. Do RvRvR pvp. Or try the 100% world completion achievement or work on your legendary weapon. There's really no "raid" per se but there are major events that you can participate in (such as the dragon fights or the temple of Balthazaar event). There are of course instanced dungeons but currently they are exceedingly difficult for the amount of rewards they give so very few people try to attempt it. They are planning a storyline dungeon revamp soon so more people will be interested. Well lotsa stuff are coming ..but right now.. no there's no "end-game" so I am taking my sweet casual ass time just enjoying the game for what it is.
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by dageeza

I still think its a great game especially considering it has no sub..

However the direction anet appears to be going with the game only 3 months after release has left the game world barren while everyone pursues ascended gear from fotm..

They really dont seem to have a plan or their stuff together at all..

They already said they are working on a fix. I was out in Dredgehaunt Cliffs and ran into quite a few people there doing events.

Just depends on server. There has been a huge influx after the invite a friend event.

• aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 620

Yea, the game still has more to offer than any other current MMO. Just the pure diversity of content. PvE, sPvP, WvW, Jump puzzles, Dungeons and the mini FoTM dungeons. There really is something for everyone. And I have multiple characters (8 for 8 classes to be exact) and they are all in different level ranges. And i have never seen an empty zone. Regardless of level, every zone is populated (not packed full, but enough to run events with). 

It honestly is the first MMO since Eq2 that has held my interest past the beta. Everything else on the market from WAR, AoC era all the way to TSW has offered nothing, and once i tried the beta for all of them, i knew immediately that they werent for me.

Sure GW2 isnt perfect, but I dont think there is such a thing as a perfect MMO. Players all like too many different things, and the perfect game for me wouldnt be the perfect game for you. GW2 gives you as much diversity in systems and game design as you can get, and you are free to play your own way. And as far as the Ascended stuff is concerned, they do have a plan. Its been laid out already, they will be releasing those items into other aspects of gameplay such as WvW and other PVE areas to aquire it without needing to run FoTM. They will also release more peices of the set as time goes on (currently theres only 2 available in game, rings and back slot).

Also the design of the FoTM is perfect for releasing more and more fractals as time goes on, easily added to the random rotation, or even adjusting paths within current ones to make those more random. All in all, Anet has hit a homerun, and the game will continue to grow and get better. 

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    I'd also like to say that this year, the best themepark I played was TSW.  It is far and away more interesting than GW2, which is basically just a generic fantasy MMO for the most part.  The only shame with TSW is that it shouldn't have been a themepark, or at least should be much more hybrid in design.  

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

When are people going to realise that posting a poll in a game specific forum is the same as giving a poll to mostly biased people. Most people who don't care about GW2 or dislike it are not reading this forum.

I know the forum rules and all that say that it needs to be here.. but seriously realise that this is no way, shape or form going to provide an accurate result or even a rough overview of the current situation.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by MindTrigger
    I'd also like to say that this year, the best themepark I played was TSW.  It is far and away more interesting than GW2, which is basically just a generic fantasy MMO for the most part.  The only shame with TSW is that it shouldn't have been a themepark, or at least should be much more hybrid in design.  

Funny you should say that because of all the mmo's I've ever played TSW held my interest the less ...it's the first game in 12 years of playing that I couldn't even make it to the two week mark. From creating a character to combat to movement to quest hubs and useless pvp TSW was the biggest flop I've ever played .

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Vannor

When are people going to realise that posting a poll in a game specific forum is the same as giving a poll to mostly biased people. Most people who don't care about GW2 or dislike it are not reading this forum.

I know the forum rules and all that say that it needs to be here.. but seriously realise that this is no way, shape or form going to provide an accurate result or even a rough overview of the current situation.

Actually you are right but for the wrong reason ...most people who play and enjoy GW2 don't waste their time here ,this has become the home for the vocal minority more interested in their personal agenda’s then an accurate overview of the current situation

• CrosswireCrosswire Member UncommonPosts: 264

Best mmo I have played to date.

I just love it to bits.  It's everything I have always looked for in a mmo.  Everytime I play it I have a great time, never a dull moment.  GW2 should have blown the compatition out of the water including the mighty WoW.  Maybe one day soon it will, who knows.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Tsw only has ONE quest hub
  • ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Tsw only has ONE quest hub

I know 2 and barely touched the game

Only one I can think of is the police station when you start.

Everywhere else has 2 or 3 quests max, which in my opinion isn't a hub.

Plus the whole 1 big multistage quest at a time thing isn't hub like anyway, or the way you ring quests in on your phone.

It's really not wow / rift / swtor style questing.
    Anyway for me on topic.

Gw2 is a strong all-rounder. It's pretty good at everything.

However...
    If your thing is WvW - planetside 2 dies it better
    If your thing is dungeons - tsw, rift, Aoc & wow sp it better
    If your thing is leveling pve - tsw does it better
    If your thing is mini game pvp - gw1 did it better
  • ShorunShorun Member UncommonPosts: 247

Simply my favourite MMO. The only thing that needs improvement are the dungeons (you shouldn't be able to revive and return to the fight) and mayble a little class balancing.

But hey, there's no perfectly balanced MMORPG (maybe MMOFPS...).

• LizardoneLizardone Member Posts: 93
    Yes, I doubt new MMOs will come up with fun professions/classes like the mesmer.  Even though I like other professions, the mesmer in particular does it for me. I support my guild in W v W in different ways, not just combat. The guardian is my other favorite. I have been playing since beta. Fun factor in this game is high imo.
  • lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476
    best game since chess.
  • KalmarthKalmarth Member Posts: 443

7/10, pretty, fun for a while but lacks ending, give it a year or so and it will be good. not a cure for cancer as some people will have you belive

"GW2 cured my cancer"

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by Bad.dog
    Originally posted by Vannor

Actually you are right but for the wrong reason ...most people who play and enjoy GW2 don't waste their time here ,this has become the home for the vocal minority more interested in their personal agenda’s then an accurate overview of the current situation

Either way... it's all wasted effort and insanely inaccurate conclusions.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • TolmosTolmos Member UncommonPosts: 141

Before the November 15th Expansion: 9/10

After the November 15th Expansion: 6/10

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Anyway for me on topic.

Gw2 is a strong all-rounder. It's pretty good at everything.

However...
    If your thing is WvW - planetside 2 dies it better
    If your thing is dungeons - tsw, rift, Aoc & wow sp it better
    If your thing is leveling pve - tsw does it better
    If your thing is mini game pvp - gw1 did it better

I can't comment on Planetside 2 vs. WvW. However, GW2 Dungeons are excellent, GW2 is 10 times better at world PvE than TSW, (I can't believe you even went there. TSW leveling is repeating the same quests over and over again, with the novelty of the setting wearing copletely off by hour 20). For sPvP, GW1, with the years it took to evolve, is probably one of the best historic implimentations of sPvP in an ORPG. Hover, the key part of that comment is "historic". Trying to go back to GW1 after playing GW2 is just torture. GW2 sPvP is pretty good currently, but it will get better and better as they find proper balance and add new features in the coming months.

GW2 is a superb game. For people who enjoy world PvE in a truly expansive game world, there is no contemporary MMORPG even in the same class. The other aspects of the game are "pretty good", as you state. It's impossible to find as good a mix anywhere else and the lack of a subscription fee makes it by far the best value in the MMO space.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated