Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick Motherboard Question

EvilMixEvilMix Member Posts: 251

So I was looking at some program and it gave me some numbers and stuff that apparently is my motherboard. It shows

"BIOS Properties

BIOS Type Award

Award BIOS Type Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Award BIOS Message ASUS M2N-E ACPI BIOS Revision 0205

System BIOS Date 06/30/06

Video BIOS Date 02/05/10

BIOS Manufacturer

Company Name Phoenix Technologies Ltd." But, my question is. Will a Geforce GTX 560 run/fit into that motherboard? Or do I have to buy a whole new motherboard?

Some more random stuff it gave me

"Motherboard Properties

Motherboard ID 06/30/2006-MCP55-M2N-E-00

Motherboard Name Unknown

Front Side Bus Properties

Bus Type AMD Hammer

Real Clock 200 MHz

Effective Clock 200 MHz"

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    Originally posted by EvilMix

ASUS M2N-E

There's your motherboard.  Let's ask Asus about it.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM2/M2NE/#specifications

I see a PCI Express slot, so the video card should fit.  Asus says it's PCI Express 1.0 x16, which is less than ideal, but it will work.  In some games, the difference in bandwidth won't matter, and in some, maybe you other 5% or 10% of your performance.

But let's hold on here.  In another thread, you said you bought a GTX 560 a couple of months ago:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/370462/Video-Card-Question.html

Are you now telling me that you never bothered to install the video card for two months after installing it?  Because if it's a recent purchase for $220, you should probably return it and either get exactly the same thing for much cheaper, or (better yet), a faster, newer card that is a much better value for the money.

• EvilMixEvilMix Member Posts: 251
    The problem with my old PC is that the PC case was too small for the card to fit. I believe this one my brother had laying around is big enough for it though. And I won't be able to return it now, been too long. But during Xmas I'm planning on building a PC around the card itself. Even if it's not super good, it's a lot better than the GeForce GS0 9600 I have in now