Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Winterdays announced

DamzillaDamzilla Member UncommonPosts: 170

Dec 14 - Jan 3

Found on reddit :

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/

It's just a picture for now, more will be added, but at least we have a date. 

Edit: the learn more option is now working :D

Comments

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    I love how the "Learn More" button inder it just refreshes that page!  :D  REAL informative.
  • DamzillaDamzilla Member UncommonPosts: 170
    Originally posted by Dibdabs
    I love how the "Learn More" button inder it just refreshes that page!  :D  REAL informative.

Yeah, but I think that they will update it soon, considering they up it up with that button in place... I will try to be quick and post any updates in this thread considering the events and schedule.

Edit: page updated

• keirionkeirion Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Originally posted by Dibdabs

It actually goes to their December 2012 page, which since about when the November event launched has been programmed to redirect to the homepage. It used to look like the January 2013 page currently does: ie. empty.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    <div section-1"="">

Wintersday: The Wondrous Workshop of Toymaker Tixx

December 14 to January 3

The nights may be long and dark, but Tyrians of all races keep joy alive during the ancient holiday of Wintersday. While each race celebrates Wintersday in their own unique way, children all over Tyria share a common love of one thing: toys.

This year the city of Lion’s Arch will host the asuran Toymaker Tixx as their special Wintersday guest of honor. Before Tixx arrives in Lion’s Arch in his massive airship toy workshop, he’ll visit every major city in Tyria to deliver Wintersday toys and holiday cheer.

Maybe finally some event love for other cities =]

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by QSatu

December 14 to January 3

The nights may be long and dark, but Tyrians of all races keep joy alive during the ancient holiday of Wintersday. While each race celebrates Wintersday in their own unique way, children all over Tyria share a common love of one thing: toys.

This year the city of Lion’s Arch will host the asuran Toymaker Tixx as their special Wintersday guest of honor. Before Tixx arrives in Lion’s Arch in his massive airship toy workshop, he’ll visit every major city in Tyria to deliver Wintersday toys and holiday cheer.

Sounds like another fun event!

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    <div section-1"="">

December 14 to January 3

Yea I'm glad they using the other cities as well.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    Was toymaker Tixx the same NPC involved in the human circus personal story?
  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

More free content! This has to be a conspiration, this can't be true. I mean, content once a month, that's something we didn't see since Asheron's Call (before Turbine went to the dark side).

*heads to his account management to cancel his subscription*

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    I have always loved the christmas events in MMOs such as LOTRO and EQ2, It adds more to the spirit of the holiday for me.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

Hmmm, they added another Coming soon section for January. It seems they really want to do monthly updates. Nice for a B2P game.

Interesting concept art for the event :)

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by RizelStar
    <div section-1"="">

December 14 to January 3

Yea I'm glad they using the other cities as well.

I think at this point they pretty much have to because they made the mistake of making all of the drops and all of the progression solely in one dungeon with their last patch that their overflow servers will be even more bogged down causing crashing.

• TheIronLegionTheIronLegion Member Posts: 269

I'm starting to become more and more convinced that they are actualy pumping this content out on the fly. People argue that they have a lot of this already pre made and just waiting to hit our hard drives, but at the rate they are releasing it and with the number of bugs some of them have I'd be willing to wager that it's all being done on the fly. If this is true I'll have to tip my hat to them. Despite the bugs in some of the events this is impressive to pump out content at such a high rate, debug it, and still work on new stuff all on the fly.

*applause*

• FleshMaskFleshMask Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Actually, they said they are hearing the complaints, and they admitted having the LS content in one area with major lag was a terrible idea. They said they are working to prevent doing this same mistake again, and listening to all the complaint reguarding events on the forums... so I suggest going to the GW2 forums and post issues and ideas.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

Originally posted by Zeus.CM

Hmmm, they added another Coming soon section for January. It seems they really want to do monthly updates. Nice for a B2P game.

Aye, they still manage to impress me. To be honest, I wasn't expecting that much content, more like some patch every 3 months and a paid for expansion every 6 months.

Now they plan a live events and new content every months... that didn't happen since Asheron's Call before Turbine lost their soul. Impressive, really.

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

• atuerstaratuerstar Member Posts: 234
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    Originally posted by Zeus.CM

Aye, they still manage to impress me. To be honest, I wasn't expecting that much content, more like some patch every 3 months and a paid for expansion every 6 months.

Now they plan a live events and new content every months... that didn't happen since Asheron's Call before Turbine lost their soul. Impressive, really.

Writing your own history hmmm?

The secret world has been doing monthly updates too, since before gw2, after ahserons call. I think the point we need to focus on here is that Guild Wars 2 are doing a much better job at making community events and innovative enjoyable minigames. This is where their design team is really starting to shine.

I possibly haven't been clear enough. I'm gonna repeat, with emphasis: "LIVE EVENTS and content". There's no live events every month in TSW.

I agree with the rest of what you've said though.

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

I am excited they are thinking of new ways to bring these Celebrations back. They cannot do it like in GW1, since the Gods are absent.

• atuerstaratuerstar Member Posts: 234

I possibly haven't been clear enough. I'm gonna repeat, with emphasis: "LIVE EVENTS and content". There's no live events every month in TSW.

I apologise for misunderstanding. No intention to start a fight here. Its clear enough we agree on the salient point - guild wars 2 is offering bones with more meat on them currently.

Originally posted by atuerstar

I apologise for misunderstanding. No intention to start a fight here. Its clear enough we agree on the salient point - guild wars 2 is offering bones with more meat on them currently.

And is offering it without monthly subscription too. Paying for it is optional, and everybody can come back every month to enjoy the new content without giving a cent if he doesn't want to.

As I said, impressive.

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

And is offering it without monthly subscription too. Paying for it is optional, and everybody can come back every month to enjoy the new content without giving a cent if he doesn't want to.

As I said, impressive.

Already showing the "Coming in January" tab... yeah, these guys are in full force and delivering on their promise to deliver more content than any subscription game does, all without the sub. 

Think about that... every month you have a company with a world class MMO pumping out more content and they refuse to require you to pay a subscription for it. Not only that, they also refuse to stack the micro-transaction store such that you're required to purchase anything in there at all for the new content, to be competitive, etc. They're not satisfied with earning enough of your trust to get you to buy the game... they want to keep earning it enough that you keep playing and they demand nothing in return, just give you the option to pick up some mini-pets or a cooks outfit if you choose.

Like Korrigan said... impressive.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Originally posted by Volkon

As I said, impressive.

Already showing the "Coming in January" tab... yeah, these guys are in full force and delivering on their promise to deliver more content than any subscription game does, all without the sub. 

Think about that... every month you have a company with a world class MMO pumping out more content and they refuse to require you to pay a subscription for it. Not only that, they also refuse to stack the micro-transaction store such that you're required to purchase anything in there at all for the new content, to be competitive, etc. They're not satisfied with earning enough of your trust to get you to buy the game... they want to keep earning it enough that you keep playing and they demand nothing in return, just give you the option to pick up some mini-pets or a cooks outfit if you choose.

Like Korrigan said... impressive.

Indeed I was under the same impression that content would be months apart, but am loving this.

• austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618
    And people said we werent gona have new content till new expansions.....Lol.
  • RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    One guy did say we where [required] 15 dollars in order for them to do this sort of thing.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

Yep, I'm impressed too.  Trion threw down the gauntlet with timely updates and putting effort back into their game and Arena Net is one of the few who have answered on the same level.

I love the winter holiday events in games.  It adds to my gaming and enjoyment of the holidays.

I keep hearing that about Trion, but haven't experienced any of their games. If that's true, and ANet is responding to at least that level, this may just be the real beginning of a paradigm shift. One company can be written off as anomolous, but multiples will start getting attention.

Oderint, dum metuant.