Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

do i have to buy the game?

eckardteckardt Member UncommonPosts: 48
i ve been reading about the expansion of rift and it seems to be very good. i m thinking about playing rift but i  have a question, do i need to buy the game or just the expansion storm legion?

Comments

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Gotta buy the game as well as the expansion

• FreezzoFreezzo Member UncommonPosts: 235
    Actually you can try the game for free (RIFT Lite) up to level 20 with some restrictions. If you run raptr whilst playing enough you get the base game for free :)

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy
    And for MMORPGs ever so true...

• mWo4lifemWo4life Member Posts: 119
    Just try the base game first. The expansion provide content mostly for 50 lvl characters.
  • GoodAfternoonGoodAfternoon Member UncommonPosts: 252

I think you can get Rift for like $5.

Butttttt I'd make a fake facebook account, get Raptr and link it to the facebook account and get Rift for free. And then buy storm legion as you approach lvl 50. 

Rift

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Gotta buy the game as well as the expansion

pretty sure there is a 50 dollar version of SL that comes with the original game

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666

As other said before, you can play free 'till level 20. If you use Raptr, you can get the base game for free as well as a mount and two helmets.

I bought the game here for €40,-. link

It's the base game + expansion (collectors edition).

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by eckardt
    i ve been reading about the expansion of rift and it seems to be very good. i m thinking about playing rift but i  have a question, do i need to buy the game or just the expansion storm legion?

Yeah as others have said, try the game till level 20 then get base game for free. You don't have to worry about the expansion, you won't be seeing that content for a while.