Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Ascended Gear Poll

TolmosTolmos Member UncommonPosts: 141

Someone posted this on the official forums. I am reposting here because, well... I like polls! =D

Voice your opinion. For it, against it, or maybe you flat out don't care. Let the world (and Arenanet) know how their new gear grind is being accepted by the population!

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Ascended-gear-poll/first#post851989

Comments

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    I think the world already knows most GW2 forum regulars hate Ascended gear. The more important question is how people react to it in-game. At the very least, Fractals is currently GW2's most popular dungeon, so I guess quite a few like it. I don't.
  • TolmosTolmos Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Originally posted by Scalpless
    I think the world already knows most GW2 forum regulars hate Ascended gear. The more important question is how people react to it in-game. At the very least, Fractals is currently GW2's most popular dungeon, so I guess quite a few like it. I don't.

Like it or hate it, people will be doing fractals because it's the only way to get the gear. Since it affects WvW, folks will be running FotM so that they don't get left behind. So don't base your view on how many people are running FotM- if someone required that everyone who wants gas for their car from now on to roll around in dog crap before filling up the tank, basing whether people liked the new requirement on how many left the gas station stinking wouldn't be the best indicator...

• SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126
    Notice I blew that post and poll up.
  • TolmosTolmos Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Originally posted by Silentstorm
    Notice I blew that post and poll up.

We definitely noticed you get blown up by the posters on there! 

Rage on!

• Neo_LibertyNeo_Liberty Member UncommonPosts: 437

Its not a big deal. I don't see how that affects the game in any way.. regardless of it having better stats.. no one in any game that has stats has the exact same stats.. (unless of course you copy and paste a build) .. so it doesn't make much of a difference.. not to mention they aren't 1 on 1 battles... i'm sure ability to play factors in a lot more than gear does.

other than that.. I think any advancement is good.. whether its gear or skills.. it gives u something to work towards and is another method of personalizing ur char.. the only thing that matters is how you go about getting the gear/skills

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,897
    I think it's good for the game.  But then again their addition isn't near enough to get me to play GW2 endgame.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,346

You can get people to do just about any content, no matter how awful, by making the rewards good enough.  If the only way to get the best gear in the game were pressing the "q" key once per second for an hour, people would do it.  That wouldn't mean it was interesting content, however.

Originally posted by Quizzical

You can get people to do just about any content, no matter how awful, by making the rewards good enough.  If the only way to get the best gear in the game were pressing the "q" key once per second for an hour, people would do it.  That wouldn't mean it was interesting content, however.

Many seem to think Fractals is GW2's best dungeon gameplay wise, so it's certainly not awful for them. I still haven't tried it, because finding a lvl 1 group seems so hard it's not worth the effort. That segregation by levels is what bothers me the most, tbh, not Ascended gear. They said they're going to add new ways to get Ascended, so I'm not screaming doom and gloom yet.

Actually i didnt all they did was rage back but didn't disprove what I said in one bit. And people even went on after to say the poll was invalid which it is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

If you enjoy all aspects of GW2 then the Ascended gear will probably be a welcome addition.

Unfortunately, for myself and many others, the only reason we play GW2 is for WvW.

This new gear with increased stats has become the "must have" gear for WvW, forcing those who don't care for PvE to grind Fractals, to stay competitive in WvW.

This is a stupid idea when a lot of GW2 players purchased the game to avoid having to do the things they don't enjoy.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by jacklo

If you enjoy all aspects of GW2 then the Ascended gear will probably be a welcome addition.

Unfortunately, for myself and many others, the only reason we play GW2 is for WvW.

This new gear with increased stats has become the "must have" gear for WvW, forcing those who don't care for PvE to grind Fractals, to stay competitive in WvW.

This is a stupid idea when a lot of GW2 players purchased the game to avoid having to do the things they don't enjoy.

No the fuck it didn't lol.

On serious note though it hasn't, hope I don't need to get into details. 

Take care people(will then see a video link of someone ith Ascendant Gear thats OP as if it will never be obtainable in WvW like Anet said it would be), peace.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• VendettaDFAVendettaDFA Member Posts: 72
    My refund was completed on 11/22 , so I think you know my stand on gated gear grinding.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Tolmos

Like it or hate it, people will be doing fractals because it's the only way to get the gear. Since it affects WvW, folks will be running FotM so that they don't get left behind. So don't base your view on how many people are running FotM- if someone required that everyone who wants gas for their car from now on to roll around in dog crap before filling up the tank, basing whether people liked the new requirement on how many left the gas station stinking wouldn't be the best indicator...

You showed two things there. One, that you find having top gear such a priority that you put it on the same level as gas for your car and Two, you aren't capable of separating your view, rather you transfer it onto others.

Go ahead. Reply with "Oh, no.That's not me that feels that way. It's everyone else, though!"

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by VendettaDFA
    My refund was completed on 11/22 , so I think you know my stand on gated gear grinding.

So you are not playing any MMO then. They all have some gear grind.

As was stated, the stats from PvE don't affect PvP - that is what A.Net has stated. If people want it, fine. It doesn't add up to that much of a difference if you do the actual calculation for damage (1-3% max and in bursts too).

Oops, posted in a wrong thread.

LOL the must have you can get in 1-2 hours of work a day. You really can't do that I mean really? I did vids on these fractals they are faceroll come on now. I see so many people complaining they need this stuff for WvW no you don't lol.....They don't even give much of a advantage.

Like wow that extra magic find is gonna kill you hard huh? And that spread out stats is really gonna make some one a cannon......Like I said in the poll this is more a case of people not knowing wtf they are talking about. And obviously never even tried just running their mouths.

Originally posted by botrytis

As was stated, the stats from PvE don't affect PvP - that is what A.Net has stated. If people want it, fine. It doesn't add up to that much of a difference if you do the actual calculation for damage (1-3% max and in bursts too).

1-3% isn't going to make much of a difference. I already had to make builds to scale back and get more defence. Power is never a issue in WvW living in more of a concern. And ascended gear doesn't really help that at all. In some cases the stats spreading hurt it. You again show guys just don't know what they are talking about saying something is must have.

1-3% isn't going to make much of a difference. I already had to make builds to scale back and get more defence. Power is never a issue in WvW living in more of a concern. And ascended gear doesn't really help that at all. In some cases the stats spreading hurt it. You again show guys just don't know what they are talking about saying something is must have.

From what I've been reading and the items I've seen posted in map chat, the difference in stats is much larger than 1-3% and closer to 10%.

This increase in stats is also usually calculated from the base Exotic stats.

What if you're wearing Invader gear which has less stats than Exotics? The difference is even higher!

I could cope with the difference between Invader vs Exotics, but Invader vs Ascended is a whole different kettle of fish.

That's why it's a MUST HAVE.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Fractals as a whole should be the more popular dungeon, not only does it offer the highest drop rates in the game for rares and exotics, but it also allows access to a higher tier of gear. Loot aside the dungeon has much more solid boss fight mechanics when compared to some of their earlier dungeons.

From what I've been reading and the items I've seen posted in map chat, the difference in stats is much larger than 1-3% and closer to 10%.

What if you're wearing Invader gear which has less stats than Exotics? The difference is even higher!

I could cope with the difference between Invader vs Exotics, but Invader vs Ascended is a whole different kettle of fish.

So who still thinks the Ascended gear makes little difference to WvW?

I don't imagine I'm alone in saying I don't care for PvE at all. I won't be doing the map completion, I can literally count the number of dungeons I've done on one hand, I don't do the events and I don't craft.

But that's ok, because Arenanet said I don't have to do that, which is why I bought the game.

Other than levelling up, I have avoided PvE as much as possible, hence I only have Invader gear and not Exotics.

Even Exotics are out of reach for most people who ONLY WvW, so the comparison isn't between Exotics vs Ascended, it's really between Invaders vs Ascended.

How about the notion that the best Dungeon gear comes from WvW only!

There would be uproar from PvE players who hate PvP. Hell they complain already that they have to enter WvW to complete a few POI's.

Why the double standards?

I don't imagine I'm alone in saying I don't care for PvE at all. I won't be doing the map completion, I can literally count the number of dungeons I've done on one hand, I don't do the events and I don't craft.

But that's ok, because Arenanet said I don't have to do that, which is why I bought the game.

Other than levelling up, I have avoided PvE as much as possible, hence I only have Invader gear and not Exotics.

Even Exotics are out of reach for most people who ONLY WvW, so the comparison isn't between Exotics vs Ascended, it's really between Invaders vs Ascended.

There would be uproar from PvE players who hate PvP. Hell they complain already that they have to enter WvW to complete a few POI's.

UH - there is not double standard. If you understood the math behind damage in GW2, you would understand that in WvWvW a better player with lower gear can still kill one with Ascended armor than this is the strawman arguement all over again. They did the same in GW1 with mods like 15% above 50 and the like. The stats end up being the same because of the increase in HP that you have a t lvl 80 - remember in GW1 6-700 HP was max (been a while since I played the game - but it is in that range) while in GW2 you have 10-18K HP - huge difference.

UH - there is not double standard. If you understood the math behind damage in GW2, you would understand that in WvWvW a better player with lower gear can still kill one with Ascended armor than this is the strawman arguement all over again. They did the same in GW1 with mods like 15% above 50 and the like. The stats end up being the same because of the increase in HP that you have a t lvl 80 - remember in GW1 6-700 HP was max (been a while since I played the game - but it is in that range) while in GW2 you have 10-18K HP - huge difference.

Really... where are you coming from lol?

What about 2 players with equal skill? Who wins then?

Gear makes a freakin difference, period!

So we have more health in GW2 than GW1, we also have more damage. What has that got do with anything?

There's no "straw man" about it. Just what are you trying to prove because you're not making sense.

Really... where are you coming from lol?

What about 2 players with equal skill? Who wins then?

Gear makes a freakin difference, period!

So we have more health in GW2 than GW1, we also have more damage. What has that got do with anything?

There's no "straw man" about it. Just what are you trying to prove because you're not making sense.

Do the math - it is similar to GW1 - serious. Yes the damage is higher as you said but so is the HP. I think you find it is about the same. Also read the recent Reddit with Chris from A.Net - it does go farther.

Example 10 out 100 is 10% but so is 100 out of 1000. Need to think about the numbers that way.