Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So Tengu and Drakes are getting nerfed...

124»

Comments

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303
    Originally posted by Gdemami

Originally posted by Rocketeer

Sacri is 1.5km/s, Tengu is 1.27km/s on MWD. 130m/s top speed vs 10km range on weapons would not have affected the situation of him not reaching a spawn 90km away before i nearly obliterated it. He felt useless in a 150 mil ship, had he flown a tengu he would have felt useless in a 800 mil ship.

The damage difference between the tengu using non kinetic missiles vs a sacri doing the same with 3 light drones would have been neglible. Certainly noticeable in a solo situation, but completely lost in a duo.

So..? I do not see your point, assuming you are trying to make one :)

My point is that the sacri wasn't a very poor choice in the given situation compared to a tengu, kinda defending the internet honor of my totally anonymus friend here.

Sure a Tengu would have performed better on paper, maybe 20% if we are generous. But the cost increase over a sacri didn't justify the couple of seconds a tengu might or might not have shaved off the mission. What i was trying to say was that it doesn't matter wether you have 1000 or 500 dps at 30km, if your enemy is 90km away. Even a railfit T1 BS with 300dps would have served my friend better. Also missile ships, especially those lacking drones, have no good way to deal with the tougher frigate npcs.

Which brings us back to the topic at hand and the question:

"Will my Tengu still be top dog and have fast clear times of lvl4's?"

And the answer to that is that the tengu never was top dog, and the buffs it got for pvp with HAMs more than make up the hit it took on HMLs. I believe the whole discussion spiraled down to this because some people believe a Tengu was the end all be all for mission running, and this was somehow a nerf to missionrunners inturn. It wasn't and it isn't.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

My point is that the sacri wasn't a very poor choice in the given situation compared to a tengu, kinda defending the internet honor of my totally anonymus friend here.

But I wasn't saying a word about Tengu. You are arguing with yourself here :)

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

But I wasn't saying a word about Tengu. You are arguing with yourself here :)

Which means i can't loose the argument. Sounds good.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by Malcanis

Calling a nightmare a very poor ship for missions shows the level of your expertise.

Or could it be I was talking about...the other ship?

"Just because you pick very poor ship for missions does not make HAMs bad." <-- Is this your quote?

In reply to this quote:

"I have run level 4 missions in a nightmare with a friend in a HAM fitted sacriledge(he needed the standing)."

If so, no you where talking about the nightmare. Unless you meant to imply i pick my friends ships, which makes no sense at all and is certainly implied nowhere in my posts.

That being said a sacriledge does about 10% less damage than a 6 launcher tengu against rats you would use a nightmare against, while having higher topspeed, acceleration and able to be used as tackle. It is a very, very sensible choice over the tengu in a mission tandem where its not going to be primary dps anyway.

Edit: Especially taking cost efficiency into account.

You appear to be operating under a few misconceptions.

First, Retribution changed short range missiles; Guided Missile Precision now applies, as do rigor rigs and precision implants. 

Your right, i confused it with target navigation prediction.

Target Navigation Prediction also applies to short range missiles, just as it always has.

Give me liberty or give me lasers