Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brand new ps3 wont read discs 2 hours after use.

Bought the 200$ doorbuster ps3. Did the updates. Played tekken tag 2 for 2 hours. I kill the last boss and the game freezes for an hour. Turn off and on the system. No longer reads any game discs. Worst 200$ ever lol.

Ive done all the normal resets so now im left waiting for 14 hours for my ps3 to be fuly reset. I will also try to USB install the 4.31 firmware update and pray this helps.

Worst 200$ I ever spent. I see thousands of people on forums saying the latest firmware has killed there disc readers. 2 hour old ps3. Pretty sad. Way to fail Sony.

Hero Evermore
Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

Comments

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

My condolences.  Its always a sad day when you lose a friend.  You may have only known it for 2 hours but still. 

PS:  Did you know that you can see the FF6 cast in the colliseum part of your name? 

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    Worst part was my gf bought the ps3 for a blu ray player. Needless to say she is extremely unhappy. Most likely we will end up taking it back and never buy a console again. I havent played on consoles for almost 5 years because they seem to be such cheap garbage. PC games ftw. Least my only loss will be the tekken game.

Hero Evermore

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    Got my refund problem solved. Walmart said they had a 30% return ratio on the new ps3 slim bundles. Sony made a horrible product. Avoid the new ps3 models.

Hero Evermore