Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gpotato is the WORST COMPANY by far- DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME

13»

Comments

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

seems like all f2p devs got runes/gems or any other kind of upgrades gambling system.
    many addict guys really spend up to 1000$ per month in worst case or like 3000-5000 all over.

all these games are potential buy-to-win, but some of these got farming ability or let you play without major upgrades (by let you play I mean group acceptance by other players).

if game need you to pay from the start, like Runes of Magic at lvl like 10+ for simple mount, I would better run out, rather than pay, as it will became money sink (by my very sad personal experience).

or play anything until it asking for any sort of payment and move alone free. (problem: addiction)

sorry OP if I'm far from your issue, but I can't judge here who was wrong. I mean even game like GW2 made mass ban because of patch issue (badly tasted exploit abused by players, but still dev fault IMO).

I mean any game would ban you for this reason.

I never found ANY f2p game, including GW2 (which is not free at all, but cost 60$) with decent support. Kind of not so bad was at Atlantica, they never fixed anything but explained what was it, at least.

I mean it's not Blizzard with GM ticked and hot line support, so be sure NOBODY will take care of you in case of bad luck.

and my very last IMO, if you have 200$ per year to spend on gaming, play WoW, if not, never pay f2p to win. sure only my 2 pennies.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

seems like all f2p devs got runes/gems or any other kind of upgrades gambling system.
    many addict guys really spend up to 1000$ per month in worst case or like 3000-5000 all over.

all these games are potential buy-to-win, but some of these got farming ability or let you play without major upgrades (by let you play I mean group acceptance by other players).

if game need you to pay from the start, like Runes of Magic at lvl like 10+ for simple mount, I would better run out, rather than pay, as it will became money sink (by my very sad personal experience).

or play anything until it asking for any sort of payment and move alone free. (problem: addiction)

sorry OP if I'm far from your issue, but I can't judge here who was wrong. I mean even game like GW2 made mass ban because of patch issue (badly tasted exploit abused by players, but still dev fault IMO).

I mean any game would ban you for this reason.

I never found ANY f2p game, including GW2 (which is not free at all, but cost 60$) with decent support. Kind of not so bad was at Atlantica, they never fixed anything but explained what was it, at least.

I mean it's not Blizzard with GM ticked and hot line support, so be sure NOBODY will take care of you in case of bad luck.

and my very last IMO, if you have 200$ per year to spend on gaming, play WoW, if not, never pay f2p to win. sure only my 2 pennies.

Regarding runes, gems and stuff. See the problem is that in Allods you have those runes but getting them all even to level 3-4 in some reasonable time may cost a bit. And unfortunately there is no other way to do so (I mean some real way, not buying stuff on AH providing prices there). Free players should have an alternative in shape of free way to level up runes. Such way should take much longer (let's say if avg paid player in one month can upgrade all runes from level 1 to level 6 or so then free player should have no problem with achieving level 2, some runes perhaps level 3). That way anyone who wants relatively quick upgrade, like from 1 to max in 2-3 months, would still need to use item shop while new players or those who prefer free way even if it takes half a year would still be able to enjoy full content.

But then gPotato didn't really think of it at any point really. Shame as because of this together with initial approach to cursed items and blessings simply killed Allods in so many eyes... All it required was to keep those three balanced and they still failed to do that. Cursed items as free players friendly should come straight the same day when the whole system was introduced, blessings should not be touched at all really, runes should be just balanced using initial version of this system instead of what they in fact did.

It's not really about support. It's about ability to listen to people and what they want. And trying to find a compromise here - something that company didn't do fast enough (if at all really).

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by alterfenix
    *snip*

Regarding runes, gems and stuff. See the problem is that in Allods you have those runes but getting them all even to level 3-4 in some reasonable time may cost a bit. And unfortunately there is no other way to do so (I mean some real way, not buying stuff on AH providing prices there). Free players should have an alternative in shape of free way to level up runes. Such way should take much longer (let's say if avg paid player in one month can upgrade all runes from level 1 to level 6 or so then free player should have no problem with achieving level 2, some runes perhaps level 3). That way anyone who wants relatively quick upgrade, like from 1 to max in 2-3 months, would still need to use item shop while new players or those who prefer free way even if it takes half a year would still be able to enjoy full content.

But then gPotato didn't really think of it at any point really. Shame as because of this together with initial approach to cursed items and blessings simply killed Allods in so many eyes... All it required was to keep those three balanced and they still failed to do that. Cursed items as free players friendly should come straight the same day when the whole system was introduced, blessings should not be touched at all really, runes should be just balanced using initial version of this system instead of what they in fact did.

It's not really about support. It's about ability to listen to people and what they want. And trying to find a compromise here - something that company didn't do fast enough (if at all really).

The non-paying players are just there to be roflstomped over by the paying ones. That's how it is, that's how it'll remain because that's what brings in the money. Free players are considered to be worthless by both publisher and new developer.

They don't want free players to be able to compete with paying ones. The paying ones need to be milked and milked and milked some more, and they're not able to do that without providing unfair advantages with the F2P model.

They increased the effect of runes, twice. They have no interest in players that don't bring in money. They have no interest in supplying free players with a way of competing ones. If the paying players leave because they're cheated out of their investment in unfair advantages, the game will just close shop. It's a harsh reality, but there's really no denying it.

imageimage
  • B1mbleB1mble Member CommonPosts: 148
    Originally posted by JoeyMMO
    Originally posted by alterfenix
    *snip*

The non-paying players are just there to be roflstomped over by the paying ones. That's how it is, that's how it'll remain because that's what brings in the money. Free players are considered to be worthless by both publisher and new developer.

They don't want free players to be able to compete with paying ones. The paying ones need to be milked and milked and milked some more, and they're not able to do that without providing unfair advantages with the F2P model.

They increased the effect of runes, twice. They have no interest in players that don't bring in money. They have no interest in supplying free players with a way of competing ones. If the paying players leave because they're cheated out of their investment in unfair advantages, the game will just close shop. It's a harsh reality, but there's really no denying it.

Agree totally.

This game is dead; it just won't lie down.