Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Naoki Yoshida mention FF14 AR will be B2P !!

2»

Comments

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494

You people are arguing against posts from 4 months ago....

This is a necro'd thread.

• WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500
    Then you obviously have not been following the game at all.

The fact the game is at great expense being rebuilt rather than just going the easy way of Free to play shows the class of the company as a whole.  The fact that when the game realsed they essentially waived the sub for players for a long time shows what they are about.

FFF XIV ARR is no longer about "making a profit" for SOE in the short or medium term, they want to restore their image, they dont want to be remembered for its original incarnation they want people to think better of them.  Its probably cost them no small amount to build the game essentially twice, while maintaining updates for the first version but they have done that because of their culture.

I dont want to sound like a fan boy, because like many I trashed the original XIV for all it was worth, but the way they have handled it shows a culture that is vastly different to the normal practises we are used to, the fact that it is considered "stupid" to want to do the right thing, by some, is to me the sad part.

Exactly this ... Somewhere I saw post saying that they CANT even allow A Realm Reborn to fail or the comapny itself Square Enix is going to baknrupt :)

The future of Square Enix is depending on how A Realm Reborn succeeds

4 months old post xD HEHE fail

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Originally posted by Kothoses
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by zevni78

They just comfirmed that they are keeping the sub as a "matter of honor" so b2p is out of the question. They see it as a part of the attempt to salvage FF and SE's reputation.

If that is truly the reason then they have hteir heads so far up their arses it isn't even funny.  Choosing a payment model as a "matter of honor" has to be the most ridiculous reason I've ever heard.  This is a business.  They should do what makes the most business sense.  If P2P makes that sense to them then good, but it's not a moral dilemma.  *boggle*

I would still like to see a reference one way or the other, or a link to a conversion/interview where this is discussed.  As of now it's just forum conjecture (the worst kind ever).

Then you obviously have not been following the game at all.

The fact the game is at great expense being rebuilt rather than just going the easy way of Free to play shows the class of the company as a whole.  The fact that when the game realsed they essentially waived the sub for players for a long time shows what they are about.

FFF XIV ARR is no longer about "making a profit" for SOE in the short or medium term, they want to restore their image, they dont want to be remembered for its original incarnation they want people to think better of them.  Its probably cost them no small amount to build the game essentially twice, while maintaining updates for the first version but they have done that because of their culture.

I dont want to sound like a fan boy, because like many I trashed the original XIV for all it was worth, but the way they have handled it shows a culture that is vastly different to the normal practises we are used to, the fact that it is considered "stupid" to want to do the right thing, by some, is to me the sad part.

EA / Bioware could learn from SquareEnix, any other company probably would have just scrapped the game. I hope this turns out well for them, and lives as long as FFXI has.

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584

FFXIV:ARR will be P2P just like FFXI is . You buy the game (unless you already own V1 , or just want to ) install on your PC , Then get 30 free days to play . After 30 days you pay anywhere from 12$ to 15$ USD to play per month.  When a Exp. Pack comes out you pay for the Exp. Pack only you download it the new content is included with your monthly service fee of 12$ or 15$ USD. You DO NOT pay extra to play a Exp. Pack other then to physicaly buy the Expansion Pack.  JUST LIKE FFXI . And again this topic is 4 months old , i even quoted the GAME DEVLOPER HIMSELF so get any notion out of your heads that this game will be B2P or F2P this is SQUAREENIX FFXI has been going now 10 years and is still NOT B2P or F2P it is Sub. Based STILL . Sometimes i swear some of you people amaze me its like you wake up and think everything about the truth i know is a lie so everything is untrue and everyone is wrong even the person who made the damn game is wrong . that or your parents droped you off a roof top a few times..........and i can understand why :)

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

This discussion has been closed.