Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ATTENTION 16 hours left for Alpha/Beta Star Citizen Access!

I just found out about this game Saturday  and was surprised that I hadn't heard of it before. It's Chris Roberts, that guy that made Wing Commander 1 and 2 and Privateer, doing an online version of privateer/EVE style. Same style of space dogfighting as WC and trading/smuggling/pirating/military/freelancing as privateer but in an online/offline/multiplayer/singleplayer setting! Anyways if you pledge to the game during the fundraiser drive, which ENDS on monday!!! you get access to the ALPHA AND BETA. Here's a link to it

https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com [mod edit - removed referral]

Go take a look and watch the extended trailer where he shows you actual in game rendering and describes what he is making. It's being done entirely by fan funding and not beholden to any publisher so nothing will be rushed. They needed 500k to start work, and have over 4.6million already. Go check it out!

Comments

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    .......$125.00 Wingnut package here......this guy helped make PC games what they are now.  I still recall putting in a sound card for the 1st time in a IBM PCjr to here a Wing Commander games audio, which was cutting edge back in the day!

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    No thanks you advertising bot you.

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Just wow! i never heard this game before and now i just can't wait to play it! Thanks for the info :)
This discussion has been closed.