Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera going play for free until level 28

erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022
So I am cruzing around and found an email in my inbox this morning saying tere is going free to play up to level 28.  I played in beta and quit at that point.  Things must be really tough for them to do this. 

Comments

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347
    its already is f2p up to 28

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• cooleechang1cooleechang1 Member UncommonPosts: 24
    The korean version was actually really good.  The game its self is not bad at all.  What make this so bad is the publishing company(Frogster(EU) and En Mass(NA)).  They made the instance easier, didn't release the pvp content at launch, and the chronoscrolls bullsh*t.  
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Well sometimes you've got to do what you need to do to survive.   The only way you can get more people to subscribe is to bring them in.
  • erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022
    Originally posted by Jetrpg
    its already is f2p up to 28

I had no clue I not kept up with the game since beta.  I guess they were trying to get me to log in and play.  I thought it was something new by the way the email read.

• revy66revy66 Member Posts: 464
    Also known as free trial. Rift and WoW do the same thing and I wouldn't really say that WoW is struggling in any way.
  • JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347
    I tried tera because of this thinking of buying .. just to waste some time.  But i will prob skip as its not really my style.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• Reas43Reas43 Member Posts: 297
    Originally posted by cooleechang1
     the chronoscrolls bullsh*t.  

Chronoscroll bullsh*t???

What in heavens is bullsh*t about Chronoscrolls?  Since last August and until next June I have not nor do I have to pay a single dime.  The game to me is fully free without the F2P or B2P hangups of limited inventory, character spaces or any of that. They sell for very little in game currency.  Basically any level 60 can play the game fully for no real world currency (Chornoscrolss are only available in NA. They were developed specifically for that version by EnMasse with help from CCP.)  

• PostcardsPostcards Member Posts: 105
    Originally posted by cooleechang1
    The korean version was actually really good.  The game its self is not bad at all.  What make this so bad is the publishing company(Frogster(EU) and En Mass(NA)).  They made the instance easier, didn't release the pvp content at launch, and the chronoscrolls bullsh*t.  

I have no idea what the hell you're talking about. EME and Frogster have messed up but not for the reasons you have listed. A lot of the dungeon nerfs we got were put in place in KTERA first. KTERA also removed the battlegrounds with Queen of Argon 1 patch and brought it back with QOA2.

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Originally posted by sumdumguy1
    Well sometimes you've got to do what you need to do to survive.   The only way you can get more people to subscribe is to bring them in.

Yea and the same thing that happened at launch is going to happen after all these Free Trial people subscribe - they'll hit 60 and leave. Game has so much potential but would need too many changes that I don't think BHS/EME are willing to make.