Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is this game worthwhile to play?

13»

Comments

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Souldrainer
    Originally posted by fivoroth
    Originally posted by lotaparty
    Originally posted by waveslayer
    Yes D3 was fun as far as hack and slash RPGs go, and dont listen to the RMAH stuff, I played thru all 4 difficulties without ever spending a dime.

that is comforting .now i have to see a cheap version of diablo 3 if acailable on market

Worst game ever made. Don't say we didn't warn you.

It's one of the best ARPGs (if not the best) out there at the moment. Torchlight 2 and Borderlands 2 are games which you will play through ones and then quit. Torchlight 2, I couldn't even stomach to go through it once! That game is so boring that I don't think I even got the 15 pounds worth of gameplay lol.

Diablo 3 is an extremely solid choice at the moment. It has closed servers to prevent cheating, char editing etc. It is the most polished one and has the best atmosphere out of all the ARPGs. Also Blizzard are continuously improving the game and all their changes have been in the right direction to make it more D2-like. The only thing that really needs to be added is PvP. After that, the game would be very good. Also if you want to play a game which will be around for a long time, Blizzard games are always the way to go. For example, the population of TL2 has dropped significantly and will probably die out in less than a year. Blizzard have talked about releasing 2 xpacs for D3 so the future looks much brighter for the game.

The RMAH discusion has just turned into stupid bickering that's completely blown out of proportions. There is absolutely no need whatsoever to use the RMAH. Every single item is being offered on the gold AH and most people post their stuff on the gold AH without even thinking about the RMAH. Most of the people who comment on these forums, have no clue about Diablo 3. Most of them played it for 10 hours during the beta, didn't play it at all or just quit after beating normal. They adon't know what tehy are talking about. They don't even know what changes have been made to this game.

What are you talking about?  Borderlands has raids.  Does Diablo 3?  No, Diablo 3 has real money auctions as its ONLY endgame.  Obviously, you are a Blizzard fanboy who has not played Borderlands or Torchlight.

TL2 is a boring game which didn't last me long. There is no endgame in that game whatsoever. The drops are so generous that it makes the game kinda pointless. No CLosed servers makes it even more pointless.

Diablo 3 has gear grinding just like any other ARPG. You can farm the whole game, you can farm for levels and do that infernal machine event. PvP is supposed to be D3's endgame but that's still not here. The RMAH comment is just blind hate and makes no point whatsoever. How can the RMAH be the endgame. No one uses it lol.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Souldrainer Originally posted by fivoroth Originally posted by Souldrainer Originally posted by lotaparty Originally posted by waveslayer Yes D3 was fun as far as hack and slash RPGs go, and dont listen to the RMAH stuff, I played thru all 4 difficulties without ever spending a dime.
    that is comforting .now i have to see a cheap version of diablo 3 if acailable on market
    It's one of the best ARPGs (if not the best) out there at the moment. Torchlight 2 and Borderlands 2 are games which you will play through ones and then quit. Torchlight 2, I couldn't even stomach to go through it once! That game is so boring that I don't think I even got the 15 pounds worth of gameplay lol. Diablo 3 is an extremely solid choice at the moment. It has closed servers to prevent cheating, char editing etc. It is the most polished one and has the best atmosphere out of all the ARPGs. Also Blizzard are continuously improving the game and all their changes have been in the right direction to make it more D2-like. The only thing that really needs to be added is PvP. After that, the game would be very good. Also if you want to play a game which will be around for a long time, Blizzard games are always the way to go. For example, the population of TL2 has dropped significantly and will probably die out in less than a year. Blizzard have talked about releasing 2 xpacs for D3 so the future looks much brighter for the game. The RMAH discusion has just turned into stupid bickering that's completely blown out of proportions. There is absolutely no need whatsoever to use the RMAH. Every single item is being offered on the gold AH and most people post their stuff on the gold AH without even thinking about the RMAH. Most of the people who comment on these forums, have no clue about Diablo 3. Most of them played it for 10 hours during the beta, didn't play it at all or just quit after beating normal. They adon't know what tehy are talking about. They don't even know what changes have been made to this game.
    What are you talking about?  Borderlands has raids.  Does Diablo 3?  No, Diablo 3 has real money auctions as its ONLY endgame.  Obviously, you are a Blizzard fanboy who has not played Borderlands or Torchlight.
    TL2 is a boring game which didn't last me long. There is no endgame in that game whatsoever. The drops are so generous that it makes the game kinda pointless. No CLosed servers makes it even more pointless.

Diablo 3 has gear grinding just like any other ARPG. You can farm the whole game, you can farm for levels and do that infernal machine event. PvP is supposed to be D3's endgame but that's still not here. The RMAH comment is just blind hate and makes no point whatsoever. How can the RMAH be the endgame. No one uses it lol.

this ^

i am still waiting for D3's real end game, which is its pvp. the biggest mistake they made was launching this game without it.

the additions they have made have been good but it all seems kind of pointless unless you are making your character better for pvp.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425
    i have played the starter edition but it was enough for me to make a concrete decision about the game .so is it worthwhile to buy diablo 3 ? i played TL2 and enjoyed it alot . but i am skeptical about this and have not been able to make up my mind

I have over 400 hours invested in one character in Diablo 3 and another hundred hours across three alts.

While I feel Diablo 3 is lacking when compared to Diablo 2 It's still an incredibly enjoyable game.

I play the game as much solo as I do with friends and the combat is so tight, its just amazing how well it functions  in both solo and group situations. The classes offer something for everyone and are all well designed.

The game has some pretty serious replay value. Four acts, a dozen or so major boss encounters, hundreds of dungeons, randomly spawned map events, a hundred different monster types with random affixes, 2 trainable crafters, achievements, four difficulties while leveling, 10 endgame difficulties, 60 levels and an additional 100 paragon levels after that, new uber boss events.

Seriously ive spent so much time in this game. I can't stop playing. Every time i fire it up i want to know whats around the next corner, will i run into a seriously hard affix combo, will chests be there, will a goblin pop, will i get a massive upgrade to drop or something thats so amazing that i can sell for sick gold and buy myself a few upgrades.

You never stop working on your character, no one has the best gear they can get, there's always an upgrade. With my barbarian i use 5 specs all require different types of gear. Im always hunting for something, MF gear, more Crit damage, drops to sell so i can make the best gems... it never ends.

With everythingn ive done, having a awesome barb that can easily farm mp8 i've yet to mess with hardcore, i still have 3 classes to get to 60 and all of my character except my barb require a ton of gear.

I can see myself spending another two thousand hours on this game.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238
    Originally posted by waveslayer
    Yes D3 was fun as far as hack and slash RPGs go, and dont listen to the RMAH stuff, I played thru all 4 difficulties without ever spending a dime.

It's one of the best ARPGs (if not the best) out there at the moment. Torchlight 2 and Borderlands 2 are games which you will play through ones and then quit. Torchlight 2, I couldn't even stomach to go through it once! That game is so boring that I don't think I even got the 15 pounds worth of gameplay lol.

Diablo 3 is an extremely solid choice at the moment. It has closed servers to prevent cheating, char editing etc. It is the most polished one and has the best atmosphere out of all the ARPGs. Also Blizzard are continuously improving the game and all their changes have been in the right direction to make it more D2-like. The only thing that really needs to be added is PvP. After that, the game would be very good. Also if you want to play a game which will be around for a long time, Blizzard games are always the way to go. For example, the population of TL2 has dropped significantly and will probably die out in less than a year. Blizzard have talked about releasing 2 xpacs for D3 so the future looks much brighter for the game.

The RMAH discusion has just turned into stupid bickering that's completely blown out of proportions. There is absolutely no need whatsoever to use the RMAH. Every single item is being offered on the gold AH and most people post their stuff on the gold AH without even thinking about the RMAH. Most of the people who comment on these forums, have no clue about Diablo 3. Most of them played it for 10 hours during the beta, didn't play it at all or just quit after beating normal. They adon't know what tehy are talking about. They don't even know what changes have been made to this game.

TL2 was a huge letdown, I agree. I couldn't even bring myself to beat it once. The game is just incredibly shallow, with bland classes / abilities, uninspired environments, and a nonsensical story. Lack of closed online play and incredibly poor game performance just sealed the deal; it no longer resides on my hard drive.

Borderlands 2 has raids... which most people end up soloing. Another disappointment of a game IMO, TVHM is just so grueling that I might not even make it to 50. Enemies kill you in 3-4 hits, and take 5-6 clips of ammo to kill EACH (even with critical hits). It's still not difficult, just incredibly tedious and frustrating. I'd go online and find some folks to help, but there again lack of closed online play means hackers, dupers, and cheaters abound. Some hacks can even mess up your character permanently! Yet Gearbox does nothing except release more paid DLC...

I haven't played D3 in a while (was waiting for some promised and admittedly much-needed changes), but I put perhaps a hundred hours into it and the game was incredibly fun. The classes are interesting, the atmosphere is great, and the skills are fun & flashy. The game is $40 right now from Blizzard, and I'd say well worth the price.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by zymurgeist

The endgame is grinding gear like it's always been. Now there is monster power, prestige levels, the infernal machine and a bunch of other changes. The RMAH isn't even a factor unless you're one of those people who likes to pay other to play your game for you. Raids suck.

Lots of people don't use the RMAH. And there is no RMAH if you play hard core D3.

The real end game is running high MP loot runs, key runs and inferno machine runs.

• stygianapothstygianapoth Member UncommonPosts: 185
    i have played the starter edition but it was enough for me to make a concrete decision about the game .so is it worthwhile to buy diablo 3 ? i played TL2 and enjoyed it alot . but i am skeptical about this and have not been able to make up my mind

Most people use the RMAH and claim they are the best players. Hope this helps.

Originally posted by stygianapoth

Most people use the RMAH and claim they are the best players. Hope this helps.

There is no RMAH in hc mode.

And not all can claim to be the best player, because the best are listed on diabloprogress.com.

Originally posted by Gorwe

Wanna challenge yourself?

Simple really! Beat Hardcore(potentially MP 10-but that is not necessary) Inferno with EVERY character. There. That ought to take you at least few hundred hours(if not a Thousand).

Really, people should stop playing Normal Mode on MP 1 while yelling stuff Like "GAME IS 2 EZ!!!!" or "NOT ENOUGH DROPS!!! FFS I QUIT!!!". Gods, after all, help those that help themselves...

Ah, to each his own I guess...

Actually who says "the game is too easy"? I haven't seen that complaint at all. The only complaint is that the game is too hard (which blizz nerfs several times).

does anyone actually beat hc MP10 yet? Or better yet, solo hc MP10 uber. That would be quite amazing. I know the top dps wiz player in the world has beaten mp10 (soft core) Azmodan on a speed kill ... but 99.999999% of the player can't solo that.

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588

What kind of valid feedback do you hope to find in fanboy&haterland?

Really, just read some reviews and take a decission based on your affinity to the game genre and setting. Nothing anyone says here is going to be a neutral, well documented answer, and even if there is a couple of those, it'll be impossible for you to pick them out from the whole myriad of pro-Blizzard, anti-Blizzard and every other gamer cell that lurks here.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

I picked both Diable 3 and Star Craft 2 up on sale over Thanksgiving week.  Both have definintely been worth the money.  Diablo 3, while not a revolutionary game or anything, is still a lot of fun if you get into the standard click/loot grind.  There's a real element of satisfaction when you see a legendary drop, which makes for a great carrot.

The story isn't all that bad either, so even if you only play through it once or twice solo, you'll probably get your money's worth.

You make me like charity

• sportsfansportsfan Member Posts: 431

Diablo 3 is a blessing these days for people who like grinding loot.

It offers one word which NO MMORPG can offer: adaptable solo challenge on line.

MP puts it in a seperate League. Incredible fun.

Then add fast 2 second grouping tools and for those who like this: best game in many years.

I think with added PvP this is he winner for 2013 in long term play...

FU reputation grinds with boring MMO's.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Originally posted by sportsfan

Diablo 3 is a blessing these days for people who like grinding loot.

It offers one word which NO MMORPG can offer: adaptable solo challenge on line.

MP puts it in a seperate League. Incredible fun.

Then add fast 2 second grouping tools and for those who like this: best game in many years.

I think with added PvP this is he winner for 2013 in long term play...

FU reputation grinds with boring MMO's.

D3 is far more fun than grinding in GW2, SWTOR or WOW.  I can play when I want, play hardcore if I want and always feel like I'm progressing my characters.  I'll eventually get bored, but they've done a great job of turning it into the best ARPG since D2.

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268
    Originally posted by baphamet

Originally posted by Purutzil
    Are you a fan of Diablo 2 and really enjoyed that? Then no, try TorchLight 2 or Path of Exile.

Its not to bad I suppose but for someone like me who enjoys dungeon crawlers, its the weaker of the three newest dungoen crawler choice. Torchlight 2 provided me with a lot more play time and fun. Path of Exile has also provided me with fun just waiting for beta.

If your into the old style dungeon crawler, focused on player skill and knowledge of the game, then diablo 3 is a poor experience.

except if you liked D2 for the closed bnet servers and pvp, then TL2 is not for you (or me)

i couldn't stand open bnet and that's basically what TL2 is from what i have read, no thanks.

that said, i am still waiting for pvp in D3 and until then i likely wont play too much.

Blizzard PvP aren't that good in general.

Have you been trying to PvP in WoW, then you know what I mean

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

D3 is far more fun than grinding in GW2, SWTOR or WOW.  I can play when I want, play hardcore if I want and always feel like I'm progressing my characters.  I'll eventually get bored, but they've done a great job of turning it into the best ARPG since D2.

Yeh .. i would say it is the most fun combat .. including all ARPG and MMOs i have played. TOR can really learn a thing or two about combat from D3.

I definitely will play the expansion.