Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• ShardWarriorShardWarrior Member Posts: 290
    Another good summation of Season 7 - http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=451021
  • fuzzylogic11fuzzylogic11 Member UncommonPosts: 56
    I tried this game when it first come out and really didn't care for it. Yesterday I decided to give it another go and there have been a great number of changes. Now most of the core game elements are not different but expanded. If you are in MMO flux and want to give a game a try download this one. Its f2p and I think atleast worth a look.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by fuzzylogic11
    Its f2p and I think atleast worth a look.

The problem is not with f2p, or worth it / not worth it... STO is a great game if you play it for the content like me, and avoid the endgame treadmill.

The problem with Season 7, as you can see on the links OP posted, that PWE changed the grind, and made it much worse. Like a poster said on STO forum, it's now a boring second work, without a salary... and people are playing to have fun, not to spend hours per day in a treadmill.

• ShardWarriorShardWarrior Member Posts: 290
    Originally posted by Po_gg

The problem is not with f2p, or worth it / not worth it... STO is a great game if you play it for the content like me, and avoid the endgame treadmill.

The problem with Season 7, as you can see on the links OP posted, that PWE changed the grind, and made it much worse. Like a poster said on STO forum, it's now a boring second work, without a salary... and people are playing to have fun, not to spend hours per day in a treadmill.

I still find it amazing (and very sad) that Cryptic are choosing to focus so heavily on cash shop items rather than improving the core codebase of their engine.

STO is a visually impressive game and I honestly feel some of the missions, especially a few of the Featured Episodes, are well done and can be quite fun to play.  Even if played more than once.  The problem of STO (and CO IMO) is the lack of variety in play.  All content basically boils down to spamming the spacebar and F key.   There is no variety to the mechanics in the game.

Were Cryptic to focus even half the effort they put into developing more C-Store junk that you do not need, they could have a great variety of different quest/mission content and mechanics, fully fleshed out Klingon Faction, true sandbox exploration and all the other stuff players have asked for since BETA.    At least for me, give me a lot of engaging story content to play and I will gladly keep playing and spending money on C-Store items.  

Notice I do not say PWE/Cryptic here.  Cryptic has been infatuated with the C-Store long before PWE ever bought them.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by ShardWarrior

Were Cryptic to focus even half the effort they put into developing more C-Store junk that you do not need, they could have a great variety of different quest/mission content and mechanics, fully fleshed out Klingon Faction, true sandbox exploration and all the other stuff players have asked for since BETA.    At least for me, give me a lot of engaging story content to play and I will gladly keep playing and spending money on C-Store items.  

Second that. Problem is, for them it's easier to make some more grind...