Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

White Mage, Black Mage, Red Mage?

destro3979destro3979 Member Posts: 470

I am making a tarutaru

What type of mage should i be

Comments

• gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

White. Heres why:
    Red mage is too common, and they get the worst spells of the two, and get spells at level 20 that BLM and WHM get at level 8-10,
    Black mages arent very versatile when it comes to advanced jobs, and secondary jobs.
    White mages get alot of heat when the party dies, but you can always blame it on the warrior for not aggroing monsters too much ::::02::
    Lots of options and very versatile. I loved my white mage more than any of my characters. Plus, you level 10x faster than any other group, your first 10 levels will be hell, but after that it's smooth sailing because healers are needed everywhere and finding a party should be easy.
    Plus, WHM AF gear is the best looking ::::02::

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there
  • destro3979destro3979 Member Posts: 470
    ty

• Serena06Serena06 Member Posts: 12
    you should be a black mage why you ask

cause there are to many white mages and red mages

and tarutaru are really good with magic and you get the

windy ring (lucky) and ever party want a black mage

cause they get good spells and a low lvl well thats what I think

ok here is my info for ff XI
    human female: WHM 25/RDM 12
    server fairy: Sand'Oria
    name: Invaderserena

ok

sounds good

i like killing more than healing too

• Serena06Serena06 Member Posts: 12

If u ever need help ask Inavderserena when I'm on

i like to power lvl so just ask and tell me where u meet

me I tend to forget named

ok here is my info for ff XI
    human female: WHM 25/RDM 12
    server fairy: Sand'Oria
    name: Invaderserena

White mages are in higher demand though. back when I used to play, I always got a party within at least 2 minutes of having my flag up.

• XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719

White mage.

But just a tip, level your subjob first, if you know what your subjob will be for your white mage. It's usually easier because you don't have to worry about leveling your subjob until you get past Level 40 or so on your main job.

• MilkpotMilkpot Member Posts: 4

Tarutaru has the highest INT, so BLM should really suit your race.
    Which ever mage job you choose,you shouldnt have much problem getting in a PT. All of them are in demands. Best way is to get to know people and make a static PT.
    But if you choose RDM, you may want to change your mind and unlock Bard later. RDM is best for a PT with PLD tank, while BRD are better for pt with NIN tank. And the pt with nin tank generally earn faster exp/hour due to less downtime.
    Also, at end game, a taru RDM cant really solo like other race. (I dont mean solo for exp. But to hunt down certain mob and solo them)
    Another mage job is Summoner but it has a diffrent aspect. most people tend to think SMN are healer job but that is incorrect. They can do high damage with their Bloodpact and being part of magic burst, and buff party members. But SMN is usually a job you play once you reach higher level, reason being is you need to defeat certain avartar (Fenrir, a smn without it is pretty much gimp) which requires you to be high level and/or know highlevel people to help you out.

As for subjob for mages, here's the list of good subjob

WHM/BLM (most common), WHM/SMN (more mp)
    BLM/WHM (help cure)
    RDM/BLM (most common), RDM/WHM (incase you're invite for mainly healing), RDM/SMN (end game)
    BRD/WHM (help cure), BRD/SMN (end game)
    SMN/WHM

I made him he is a black mage

i will post his info as soon as he is lvl 15

• TaruboyTaruboy Member Posts: 84
    go RDM everyone needs more rdm later on a pt cant work without  a rdm or brd i mean just refresh and dispel make up for all the other spells that whm and blm get and with blm sub you still get warp and escape......RDM is best choice

---------------------------------------

srry im already a BKM

Originally posted by destro3979
    srry im already a BKM
    Thank god, WHM or BKM are 10x better than a RDM. Good choice ::::28::