Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Refer-A-Friend Free Trial Set for November 12th

13»

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by orbitxo

the game is in great health and standing strong with players- and Anet are making a strategy move witht this trial offer becouse of holiday season coming=smart move.

everyone who thinks' the game is dying' theory-there i said it, is dillusional & just trolling . Anet are very smart on seein what they are competing with out there in the market.

they have done this before-nothing new.

smart move imo.-good for them!

I think the "dim" earnings report may have something to do with it. I think they probably should have did it sooner to be honest. Remeber there was no open beta. It was pay or try and find a key. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Well said rock , that's the issue right there, more of the same old same old , I mean gw2 was fun for me but got boring very fast. The events were done in war hammer online and rift, however war hammers PVP I found was leaps and bounds better! The thing is, would people be this passionate about gw2 if it had a sub fee? My guess is no, and it wouldn't last very long because, it's the same old same old just in a different skin, the only saving grace for it is that it had no sub fee , pay once and your good.
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Originally posted by Aeolron
    Well said rock , that's the issue right there, more of the same old same old , I mean gw2 was fun for me but got boring very fast. The events were done in war hammer online and rift, however war hammers PVP I found was leaps and bounds better! The thing is, would people be this passionate about gw2 if it had a sub fee? My guess is no, and it wouldn't last very long because, it's the same old same old just in a different skin, the only saving grace for it is that it had no sub fee , pay once and your good.

yah and ?. GW2 takes the best of

wow= with better graphics and lore.

Warhammer=with  larger  wvwv system

Rift events=with  Better dynamic events

GW2= NO FEE.

and they have brought so much to the table on their own as well- Art, Service, player base,and combat system

which leaves me time to play other genres games like firefall, and warZ.

• AI724AI724 Member UncommonPosts: 249
    About time Anet! Shoulda done this since launch. I have more than couple of friends who needed convincing before buying this game. They still haven't bought them. :(

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Oh god warZ a game for hackers and bugs galore! I will agree on one thing though, gw2 is free, that's it. The rest was medicore at best, coma t has been better in other games, gw2 isn't the mmo savior like so many predicted , to bad really because the lore and graphics are nice , but game play was some what lacking. Now this is my own opinion and afew others like myself , what has gw2 truly done to stand out? Wvw? Been done , combat? Same thing, it's been done better, story? Well swtor and tsw has better written story elements.i will say and keep in mind my opinion, that if this game had a sub, it would have bombed badly.
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by halflife25

By the way i am quite surprised that they are offering free trials so soon. Looks like they are tryign to increase the box sales. What other recent MMOS offered free trials just two months after release.

mmos?  i dont know

popular online games: D3 offered a trial 3 months after release

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/08/15/play-diablo-iii-for-free-up-to-level-13/

D3 had a trial on Day 1. My friend played the demo on the 15 May which I gave him... At least he tried to log in :D

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by orbitxo

the game is in great health and standing strong with players- and Anet are making a strategy move witht this trial offer becouse of holiday season coming=smart move.

everyone who thinks' the game is dying' theory-there i said it, is dillusional & just trolling . Anet are very smart on seein what they are competing with out there in the market.

they have done this before-nothing new.

smart move imo.-good for them!

I think the "dim" earnings report may have something to do with it. I think they probably should have did it sooner to be honest. Remeber there was no open beta. It was pay or try and find a key. 

Oh look another one of your "objective" posts.  Do you always lie and spin when it comes to GW2?  GW2 did not have a dim earnings report.  Maybe you should go check the Q3 earning report topic again and read the PDF you linked to.  GW2 was the most profitible game in NCs balance sheet for Q3.  Both GW2 and B&S have positioned themselves as NCs revenue anchors.

Maybe you should start a Q3 Funcom analysis thread and discuss how well TSW is doing.

When a company does not meet expectation, they look for things to do in order to increase revenue across the board. I don't think it's a move of desperation. I think it a good move. If they would have gave a couple free beta weekends, I think they would have sold even more. 

As far as TSW,  I'm sure someone will. I think it comes out tomorrow. They sure did for the second quarter. Man that stuff went on for weeks. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Poor Rift :( Their expansion is sandwiched between gw2 free trial and swtor going f2p.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by Foomerang Poor Rift :( Their expansion is sandwiched between gw2 free trial and swtor going f2p.
    I was thinking about that.  I thought the same at first and then I got to thinking about it.  The GW2 freebie is 3 days long and TOR I just don't see pulling people from RIFT.  I'm biased but I think RIFT is far and away a better game than TOR.  All the people I knew from my guild (which I think migrated to a raid centric server) that tried TOR weren't that interested in it.  I guess people will try it out, but... meh, I have a lot of other games to play first.

Have you purchased the xpac?

Yeah i bought the xpac a couple weeks ago. Its funny cause when i read about the gw2 trial i was like cool i got a couple friends that can hook me up. But then i realized im gonna be neck deep in my personal dimension that im probably gonna miss out.
  • andrex1212andrex1212 Member Posts: 4
    I'd really love to check out GW2, been wanting to try it since the first gameplay videos I saw from the beta... if anybody would be able to send an invite my way, PM me, I'd really appreciate it :)
  • geogamerboygeogamerboy Member Posts: 1

can anyone invite me to guild wars 2 refer a friend event? I have dota 2 and planetside 2 invites and would gladly trade it for this invite.

my skype: asakuraa5

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    the invites are not available until monday
  • Ecar12345Ecar12345 Member Posts: 1
    If anyone will have an extra trial code please PM me when they release. Have been wanting to try this game for a while but want to make sure it is something I'll be playing for a while before I drop $60 on it.
  • andrex1212andrex1212 Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Nadia
    the invites are not available until monday

Well I assume most people can read... considering it states November 12th in the thread title. That means people can't request an invite from somebody ahead of time so they're locked in ahead of time?

• ErmisuErmisu Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Can somebody inv me rly whant to try the game pls
  • arconkarconk Member Posts: 2
    Hi.  I am quite interested in trying out this game before deciding on buying it or not as well.  If anyone has any spare invites, please pm me one!  I have 5 planetside 2 keys I can trade for them.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by Praetalus

Month and a half lol

released on august 28th. 

trial on november 15th.

your math, my friend, failed you.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• gutigengutigen Member CommonPosts: 2

Hi, if anyone got spare invites for trial, PM me :)

• moozixmoozix Member Posts: 2
    Hey there! After spending a few hours checking out details on the game, I've grown quite interested in it and would love to try it before investing, so could any kind soul share a trail key with me via PM? Thanks in advance! :)
  • Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    All trials ended long time ago. However you should keep an eye on news around 15th December during Wintersday event in GW2, they might do another trial.
  • twejktwejk Member Posts: 1

HI!

i would like an invite to Guild wars 2 if someone could be an angel. i just wanna try it first.. im so close of buying the game :)(the WvW looks soo awesome :))