Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Click this link to reserve name

Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

If you're in Alpha Squad the link to reserve your name is now live and working http://www.planetside2.com/reserve-name

Click on that, it seems Smed has had the genius plan of not informing paying customers by email and giving them a link, why am I not suprised?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

Comments

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

there was an e-mail sent out the other day with a link.. but they had issues with it.. think it came back up this morning..

Tho thanks for reminding me :)

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

Thanks soo muchos A1,didnt know that its happening now.

Let's internet

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    Originally posted by Caldrin

there was an e-mail sent out the other day with a link.. but they had issues with it.. think it came back up this morning..

Tho thanks for reminding me :)

The email I got yesterday had no link, it was just informing me that previous names reserved had been wiped and I thought 'WHAT?'.

SOE had sent me no link or any info concerning the name reservation, I'd have thought my $40 bought me atleast a fair chance to get the name I wanted but apparently not!

Thanks to the hurricane (I know it's a terrible thought) people that were in the know and had lost power on the East coast complained so an email was sent out about previous successful name reservations being wiped and that's how I found out. I had to trawl the forums to get the link.

Maybe I was just unfortunate and they missed me on their list of guys who'd coughed up for the Alpha Squad, I don't know but there was talk of Smed actually saying they weren't sending out emails though I don't know the reason/excuse; not that Smed needs to justify being an immoral bastard to paying customers!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

Sweet. Actually got my first name choice of Viking. First time ever in any FPS I didn't have to add numbers to it or anything else. =)

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    Originally posted by Naral

Sweet. Actually got my first name choice of Viking. First time ever in any FPS I didn't have to add numbers to it or anything else. =)

Congrats, I got my name exactly the way I want too. Even though I'm p***ed with SOE I'm still happy I bought the Alpha Squad.

CS Lewis