Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FF 11 UK Players, which server?

lat00uklat00uk Member Posts: 28

Completely new player here, confused by the UI and how to play but slowly getting the hang of it. I have rolled a WHM on Pheonix but I have been wondering if there are other servers with more UK players on? as it would be really handy to have people to ask for advice and stuff, I am not asking to join a linkshell to be boosted as I want to enjoy the game on my own.

But especially last night it when I got an hour or so to play, it would of been handy to talk to players to get advice and tips on how to play.

I come from the LotRO, WoW etc ear of MMO's where everything is laid out for you (quest markers above NPC's etc) so FF11 is vastly different but I am determined to enjoy it as I have heard a lot of good things about it over the years, I did even buy FF14 when it was released and I will play Realm Reborn.

Let me know where all the UK and even EU players hang out so I can at least have people to talk to (once I have figured out the chat and LS system.. lol).

Thanks for reading this.

Comments

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885

Why would you play FFXI when you could play the nearly released FFXIV ARR especially since you are a new player?

That's not to say that FFXI isn't a good game but it's kind of old now. If you had played the game before then i could understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mos6_mQcR78

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337

He said that he bought FF14 and will play a Realm Reborn. I give you mad props for trying something that isnt in the norm of what people THINK you should play. Also, I hope some one actually answers your question versus bashing you for playing this game.

*Long distance high five *

• AconsarAconsar Member Posts: 262
    Originally posted by Rimmersman

Why would you play FFXI when you could play the nearly released FFXIV ARR especially since you are a new player?

That's not to say that FFXI isn't a good game but it's kind of old now. If you had played the game before then i could understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mos6_mQcR78

Perhaps because ARR is going to be nothing like FFXI with the group-structured combat and the job/subjob style classes?

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to ARR too, but FFXI is still superior in many aspects.  I've been thinking about returning to play it myself, at least until ARR is done or if it turns about to be yet another WoW clone.

• lat00uklat00uk Member Posts: 28

Yeh I am pretty much bored of the 'status-quo' or usual MMo's (altho I will always love LotRO), didnt even get past lvl 87 of WoW's pandas, GW2 just felt to PvP-Centric for me, and I will never not play a game just because people say its crap or old, I am intelligent enough to be able to form my own opinions about something.

I know the community is small for this, but I just dont want to feel like I am always soloing and I have heard that past lvl 20 you really cant solo anything anyway..... lol