Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Land Ownership FAQ (always being updated)

DeriumsDeriums Member Posts: 38
We are getting A LOT more info coming in on Land Ownership. This will be updated as I sift through all the information here:
If you have any questions to add to this, please visit the forums and ask!
http://www.greedmonger.com/forum/showthread.php?66-compliled-list-of-known-Land-Ownership-info

General Information

Non Instanced Player Owned Housing
Decorate Your House However You'd Like
The More Land Parcels You Own, The Bigger House You Can Build
Charge Players Rent To Access Your Land (For Hunting/Harvesting Rares)
Ever Growing Housing Style Options For Each Climate.
Multiple Climates/Landscapes Will Be Available At Launch
Resell Your Estate For Real Money In Our Estate Auction House

In Greed Monger, players will be able to purchase parcels of land in the game world for real money that they will be able to build 3D Non Instanced Housing on. Land Owners will also find their lands to be fruitful with various harvestable crops, resources and even monsters or animals life they will have exclusive access to, unless they chose to rent out time to players on their land in exchange for gold.

Players will be able to build large estates with house sizes growing in options with more land owned by the player and if the day ever comes that he or she would like to leave the game and sell their estate, they will be able to do so on our Estate Auction systems (we will only take a small percentage of the sale).

Player cities will be created by guilds that will control portions of a landscape for their own prosperity, selling rights to hungry adventurers wanting to harvest or hunt on their land.
[URL="http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/367915/page/1"]Source[/URL]

As people progress to new areas of the globe, more landscapes will be added.
there will be no buildings in the game at launch, players will build the landscape this way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNe0kuBLS5s&feature=g-all-u

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EKOSxaDUg7w

FAQ

Q. Will all the buyable land parcels border each other?

A. No, the entire map can't be player owned. There will be sections divided into parcels players will be able to purchase.

Q. If the world starts empty, where will the NPCs come from? Will they be a result of player owned land?

A. In the case of larger cities ran by guilds and the like, the more properties that are built within a certain area will result in various NPC's to begin spawning in those cities with whom you will be able to interact. These NPC's are planned to evolve with the cities they reside in (but that may not happen at launch).

Q. "What do you mean, "Land I own?"

A. Greed Monger is free to play for all who wish to adventure, buy and sell materials and items, but if you would like to really prove your prestige and open a shop of your own, you'll need to purchase land to build on. Each parcel of land will fit a small house with some yardage.

Q. How do I go about choosing my land plot to buy?

A. The Greed Monger Land Distribution post launch will be random. You will not be able to look at a map and purchase a parcel or two of land there. After your initial land purchase, your purchase of additional parcels of land will be adjacent to your current parcel unless otherwise checked, for those of you looking to broaden your ownership to different zones. Adjacent parcels will only be available for as long as they are available. In other words, if you purchase a land parcel today and wait until others buy the parcels adjacent to yours, you obviously wont be able to further build upon your real estate unless one was willing to sell you their parcel in the Housing Auction System

Q. Can I purchase more than one parcel of land to build a bigger house?

A. "Absolutely, you can purchase as many parcels of land as you'd like."

Important information on this question
"Tentatively, players post launch will be limited to 4 adjacent parcels in any one climate."
"If you are a guild leader and have 20 members wanting to purchase parcels for themselves as part of a builk transaction, after the Kickstarter campaign is completed, we will contact you to get a list of each user and the number of parcels they are entitled to and assign those parcels in beta."

Q. How will players acquire land?

A. Players will be able to purchase land for real life money. $20 USD per parcel.
 You can also acquire land through the Kickstarter launch (as much as you want, no cap)

Q.  Can I decorate my house any way I like?

A. Of course! If you can craft it, you can place it in your house for all to see.

Q. What if I play Greed Monger for a year or two and decide I want to sell my land with my house and everything in it?

A. You will be able to sell your land through our Estate Auction system. Yes, you will be able to sell your estate for real US currency. We only take 15% of the amount paid to transfer property rights to the new owner. This helps us keep the lights on!

Q. Can I have NPC vendors selling my wares in my house or shop?

A. Yes you can, and how many you can have it tied to your Merchant skill

Q. How will people be able to find my house to buy my items?

A. Through our fast travel map system you will be able to mark a map you've crafted with the location of your property and drop it in town square for others to pick up. Once picked up, players will be able to fast travel to the x on the map, provided they have enough food in their pack for the journey.

Q. Does the game begin with any buildings?

A. No. Day one launch will be you, other players and what nature has established for you to explore. As towns, villages and event cities begin to take shape, it will be because you, the players organized and built them over time.

Q. What if I own land that animals, monsters or harvest-able plant life spawn on?

A. You have two options. Either one, you can charge a gold fee for people to be able to access your land and whats on it or you can keep it all to yourself.

Q. What happens if the world gets full of players houses?

A. The world will be somewhat restricted in terms of what parcels are own-able and build-able by players. Once a planet is full, by that time a new age of time will have opened up and well, we will keep this a secret for now. Let's just say we are planning for the "future".

Comments

• DeriumsDeriums Member Posts: 38
    UPDATE

How many parcels can an individual own globally?

Currently, Parcel limits are planed at 4 Parcels owned per account. (Not Including our Kickstarter backers of course) This may be adjusted depending on statistics after launch. We just want to make sure everyone who wants land can get some at launch. If we find that it's safe to increase the number of parcels players can own per account, we will do so and make those announcements.

How many parcels can an individual own per climate?

See above.

How will these parcels be placed on the map?

As the Climates are being designed, the areas for players parcels are being defined and added to our system as potential parcels for ownership. When purchased through our system, parcels will be adopted randomly. (This is not counting Kickstarter Backers.)

Since parcels will be placed together, will there be a buffer zone so players can purchase their maximum allowed parcels over time?

If a player buys a single parcel, there will be a temporary lock on surrounding parcels in which time the player will have a period of weeks to purchase another, and the time will reset until the player has bought his/her max of 4 Parcels or they have not purchased any additional parcels at which point they will go back into the system for purchase by others. We have not determined the time restrictions yet.

If there can't be a permanent buffer zone, will there be a temporary one, say for six months, to allow players to buy their parcels over time?

See above.

If there is no buffer zone, and there is no room for a player to increase their land holdings, will they be allowed to purchase non-contiguous parcels?

Yes, but they will be random. The only way to purchase specific parcels of land will be from another player through the estate auction.

Will guild members be allowed to locate their land near their guild master, if space is available?

Not unless their guild master has available land to sell them or they are part of the Kickstarter campaign. Reason being, to do this outside of our automated system will take a great deal of work and at launch, we could be talking about thousands of requests for this which is why we have restricted the option for KickStarter Backers only.

Will all parcels be PvE, including those located in PvP zones?

Parcels in PVP zones will be just that, PVP. These parcels wont be random and will only be purchased directly.

Will any parcels be located in PvP zones?
    Yes, but not as many as other zones.

Can land owners give away parcels?

No

Can land owners lease out parcels?

They can lease out time on their parcels to allow for hunting, farming, etc but players will only be able to build their own homes on their own parcels.

Can land owners lease out parcel improvements, like houses?

See above.

Can players share parcels?

Not at this time, but maybe in the future.

Do land owners control physical access to their land (no trespassing), or do they only control resources and improvements (like buildings)?

Players will be able to walk free through all of Greed Monger, but player owned parcels will be restricted in the sense that the non owner, or players without time rights to the parcel wont be able to interact with anything on the land.

Can land owners allow others to build on their land?

They can help contribute to whats being built on the land but can't build their own house on the land.

Will all Climates have PvP zones?

No, there will be PVP Climates. Meaning, the entire "zone" will be open PVP. We are planning for 1 such Climate at launch at a ratio of 4 to 1.

Will some Climates be entirely PvP or PvE?

See above

If there will be PvP zones in all Climates, how close will they be to cities/towns/villages?

See above.