It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
the Dev team have made up alot of ground both technical and meta game, there is no mistake that much work needs to be done, and that it is a mere fantasy that all of it will be completed, however Planetside 2 in its current form is slowly getting old vets to return and give the beta a second try. the word is out so far that the patch is giving alot of positives than negatives.
I wont point out the negatives this time, but on the things that i have noticed that has made the game more enjoyable:
1. the cert prerequisite latter has been cut down drastically if not eliminated, people can now freely choose which side grades to grab to trick out their weapons vs. having to grab one side grade after another just to waste certs and have side grades that one would never use to begin with. if you want your reflex sight, you get your reflex sight , you want your IRNV, you get that from the getgo
2. Air has teeth again, the AA flak has been toned down as well as alittle bit more armor for air has been given, making them once again more plentiful, but still killable. the hover spam ESF's have returned unfortunately, but in various situations they can be killed quite fast if they pick the wrong place to hover in
3. sniping , bullet drop is indeed increased and noticable, i adjusted accordingly and still got my kills, in a sense this will seperate the very skilled snipers from the decent ones
4. performance, high specs requirements are inevitiable, but my fps has been given another slight increase, even when using the built-in youtube recorder in the game, the fps remained solid as is 35-49
5. Amerish, many are saying this continent is better than indar and esamir combined, perhaps its the shiny and new car smell, but the most noticable and enjoyable aspect of amerish are the mountains, light assaults indeed have a field day playing ranger/mountaineer war fighter, climbing cliffs and mountains where tanks and other ground vehicles cannot reach due to the terrain being too steep. the continent imo is more infantry friendly say esamir, or even indar due to so many choke point areas and high vertical terrain.
Thats all for now, regardless of what happens 11/20/2012 release, only thing i have to say to the dev team is to get some darn sleep -- higby is looking like his blood has been replaced with Monster Energy drinks and red bull.