Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Consistency and honesty in MMORPG.COM ?

I apparently have received a whooping offical warning from the MMORPG.COM staff due to my mentioning the existence of an emulator for a beloved sandbox game that has ceased to be.

Granted, logical, understood. In a general context. But here? In this site!?

- You people influence players to go and shed their wallets on companies whose games you write about. SWTOR been the last of your immense sucking up to a flawed, shallow product you praised day and night for weeks before launch. With no excuse for ignorance whatsoever, as they had given you multiple closed beta passes for your 'writers'. And i am only naming the last, there have been others before it.

- You skillfully 'neglect' mentioning games at critical times in their development because they are similar/direct antagonists to other games, say from Blizzard (D3?) that you are being erm, 'helped' to showcase. To put it nicely.

- And worst of all, you now sell games. Sell them. Big big ad about your offering discounts on Blizzard products. Which you just -happen-, happen, out of mere coincidence, to show case. In an unbiased way. Obviously. They gave you license without caring about whether you harm or promote their products.

And you give a nobody a warning for doing what? Mentioning an emulator..a form of activity that as far as the specific emulator i mention goes, is l-e-g-a-l. No "donations", no nothing. Hence my feeling free to mention it.

You, who play brazenly and openly operate in both fields of the market by now, happily building upon actions such as the ones i mentioned above. What the hell is next?

Comments

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    This will get deleted too, but yeah I got a warning for it too, shocked me to the core and now I can't function in day to day life.

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713
    Originally posted by SlickShoes
    This will get deleted too, but yeah I got a warning for it too, shocked me to the core and now I can't function in day to day life.

...Yes.

Every single time I get a ban or a warning I too am shocked to the core... My entire family is very disapointed in my behavior and I take handfuls of  Anti-Depressents just to make it through the day...

Anyhow... You cannot mention said e*******s because that would make you a bad man. A very bad man.

Now shut up and buy discounted WOW.

• MessrembMessremb Member Posts: 11

haha, your cynicism is welcome :)

Although no..i am not suffering from major disappointment or anything else..this is merely a combination of a) getting sick and tired of where this site has been heading to and b) seeing in action how double standards and hypocricy can sadly co-exist in one of the most influencial (sadly) mmo forums currently out there

They probably will delete it, yeah..will survive without i am sure :P

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    It does suck you can't mention it when the game it emulates doesn't even exist anymore, I am sure there is a lawyer somewhere that can tell us why!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by SlickShoes
    It does suck you can't mention it when the game it emulates doesn't even exist anymore, I am sure there is a lawyer somewhere that can tell us why!

Because it is against their rules, no other reason.  Their site, they can be as arbitrary and capricious as they want to.

They can even start banning people for complaining about general moderation of the forums (which is supposed to be confined to the site suggestions section btw) or even delete/warn/ban people for discussing specific moderations.

Oh wait......  

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

If you wish to dispute an infraction, you can email MikeB at [email protected]. But when you signed up, you did agree to abide by the Rules of Conduct and they include a section noting that we do not permit discussion of unauthorized servers and emulators. 

Since there is a thread already discussing moderation here: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/366669/Way-too-strict-moderation.html I've locked this one.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.