Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wish they would have put the Halloween Event in Group Finder

For anyone who has done this, at the end of the Halloween arc you need to do a 5 man dungeon. I have literally been standing around the portal and Argatha for 30 mins-1 hour a day for about the last week. Figure it wouldn't be that hard to find 2-3 others that would want to do it. Joined the Blue Mountain finder a few times but usually I was the only one in it.

Anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188
    Originally posted by DashiDMV

For anyone who has done this, at the end of the Halloween arc you need to do a 5 man dungeon. I have literally been standing around the portal and Argatha for 30 mins-1 hour a day for about the last week. Figure it wouldn't be that hard to find 2-3 others that would want to do it. Joined the Blue Mountain finder a few times but usually I was the only one in it.

Anyone else having this problem?

I think most have done it now. That was my problem. Two of the people when I finally got a group for it was just there to help another cabal member who had not done it yet. 

Just ask in General and LFG channel or keep your eyes on the chat to see if anyone is doing. 

It's a pain. If they would have offered rewards for killing the cat god people might be inclined to keep doing it. All you get is the cat. 

Goodluck finding a group for it! You'll find one.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    The idea that some one is having issues finding a group for a Halloween Special Event on Halloween day no less leaves me sad. I am not sure what the actual game playerbase numbers now (knowing the sold like 200K) but it is a good niche game.  If you have a cabal, try to get them to do it with you.
    Originally posted by Crazy_Stick
    The idea that some one is having issues finding a group for a Halloween Special Event on Halloween day no less leaves me sad. I am not sure what the actual game playerbase numbers now (knowing the sold like 200K) but it is a good niche game.  If you have a cabal, try to get them to do it with you.

The dates are screwed up on mmorpg.com. I did not reply to that person on Halloween. It was a few days prior and before the site went down because of Sandy.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Originally posted by Sevenwind
    Originally posted by Crazy_Stick

The dates are screwed up on mmorpg.com. I did not reply to that person on Halloween. It was a few days prior and before the site went down because of Sandy.

TY. It looked sad hanging there man. :)

• EscadaEscada Member Posts: 25

I have to say that the Halloween content for TSW was good.  However, there were a few things I would have changed:

Make the dungeon repeatable, with different difficulties, normal, elite and NM: rewards retrospectively, green, blue, purple.

Have items of clothing drop on an rng basis so people have the need to run it once a day for 2-3 weeks.   Having done all the quests in a day, I was left with only hallowed mobs to farm for the neat stuff.  

Dont have the investigations quests as a pre-requisite for the dungeon quest.  For the first time, due to little info, I looked up the answers expecting a to need to repeat the dungeon quest. I was dissapointed to find we could only go in there ONCE..

Considering it was meant to be the TSW christmas everywhere else felt spartan.  A few pumpkin heads in Agartha and the cities wouldnt go a miss.  And this btw really makes me think that the players in charge of these events aren't thinking creatively.

As for the competition which one faction won, the Templars, I feel it was absolute amateur time.  GUYS, its not cool to have ONE faction win and not give the other factions a controlable way to direct the outcome.  Its not OUR fault if people don't log in etc..  And it is this nonesense that has me extremely concerned, yet again we are seeing a freaking novice way to run an event that seems to have been thrown together at the last minute.  

It is a sad situation but for what ever reason Funcom is unable to deliver consistently. 

• saxifrsaxifr Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by Escada

It is a sad situation but for what ever reason Funcom is unable to deliver consistently. 

Sums up all their products. I'm glad I'm no longer a customer.

The only thing they seem to be able to deliver reliably is disappointment.

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

Originally posted by Escada

I totally agree about the faction competition. They did that in The Secret War. I hope it will be a little different next year. AOC runs the same thing every year so I have my doubts. Maybe they will add a few perks and let everyone have a chance to work for something rather than make it a competition. 

• UccisoreUccisore Member UncommonPosts: 96

I did it with one friend. 

We were in blue gear. 

Unless you're level QL 5 or something, if you were standing around waiting for a full group, you were just shooting yourself in the foot.