Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

120 Cap without doing upgrade quest removed

trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

That was actually why I quit playing the game a couple years ago, got stuck on my Axe at 120, then a few months later, got a Saw to 120 and got stuck.

Now I really don't care, since I don't like the TBS part of the game which seems to be by far the most important thing in the game.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

Comments

• RussariaRussaria Member Posts: 42

you still have buy all the stuff though, the billion $ worth of jewels AND do the quest to actually upgrade. its the LEVEL cap they removed, not the upgrade quest. YOu can go all the way to 150 now without doing any of the upgrade quests, but you cannot actually UPGRADE your main (the skills) or mercs to hero lvl2/3/4 without doing the quests and buying all the expensive jewels and stuff.

So it's actually not what you think, remember, only the level cap, not the upgrade quests requirements were removed. They did this to force all those sitting on 120 for fear of the expense required (higher lvl pots, gear, enchant stones, scrolls) to be forced over 121 ao they would now HAVE to use those things = more money needed = more item mall usage. SO trust me, they didnt do it out of the kindness of their hearts, nor did they remove all the stuff you had to do to upgrade your mercs...only the level cap itself was removed. meaning you can be 150 and have a team of all 150 mercs if you want now, but none of them can go past the hero levels until you do the quests. SO nothing really changed.